Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 12:28 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No doubt, Iran has been one heckuva sticky problem for 40 years now.

Their shenanigans are likely going to increase as a result of tRump's impulsive, stupidly misconceived action.

Oh sure, last night's missile attack was toothless, but don't expect it to end there. Iran has many ways to cause us grief and they're preparing to put those plans into action. Few, if any, involve direct military action that tRump will be able to point to as justification for further escalation. They can hit us with cyber and they can get their numerous proxies to go after our bases and people in the middle east.

The Iranians have a plan.

tRump?

He can't spell p-l-a-n.

So what you are saying is the big war that was going to happen, the World War III that the dems were flogging themselves over, isn't going to happen? The death of the master mind of Iran's terror program didn't start World War III?

Well I am glad I didn't go out and buy a bunker.

Since we killed the animal the left has been predicticting a major war. Now it's going to be gasp, more of what Iran has already been doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 12:35 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,658,433 times
How about the start game and "imminent threat" lack of specifics? Worst military briefing in 9 years according to this...

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/08/p...ors/index.html

Old 01-09-2020, 01:09 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
How about the start game and "imminent threat" lack of specifics? Worst military briefing in 9 years according to this...

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/08/p...ors/index.html
I can't say that I give a damn that they were dissatisfied with the briefing. Most of America is dissatisfied with congress over all. Welcome to our world. Tell me how does it feel to be let down by your own? LOL

A few days ago the left was predicting World War III. They were in full blown apology mode and panic. Looks like we will get more of what Iran has been doing for 40 years.

Old 01-09-2020, 01:37 AM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
What is President Trump’s End Game in the Middle East? Is he a genius playing chess or just another politician playing with fire?
What makes you think there is an "end game". There hasn't been one in 5000 years -- that concept does not exist in the middle east. This will still be going on in 50 years and longer. They are still angry about the crusades. Everything political there revolves around revenge, retribution, and religion. The "end game" is a western concept. The only course of action that makes sense is extricating our forces and cutting off all of our involvement. Let them do their own fighting. We are patsies...the scapegoat with deep pockets.

Old 01-09-2020, 01:51 AM

2,264 posts, read 972,175 times
The end game is endless religious war, fueled by paranoia, hallucinations and lies.

Old 01-09-2020, 04:41 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Are you still having hallucinations of weapons of mass destruction too or did they eventually subside?
WMDSaddam Hussein. He killed 500,000 Iranians in their war.

Old 01-09-2020, 04:43 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
What makes you think there is an "end game". There hasn't been one in 5000 years -- that concept does not exist in the middle east. This will still be going on in 50 years and longer. They are still angry about the crusades. Everything political there revolves around revenge, retribution, and religion. The "end game" is a western concept. The only course of action that makes sense is extricating our forces and cutting off all of our involvement. Let them do their own fighting. We are patsies...the scapegoat with deep pockets.
This i'm afraid is reality.

Old 01-09-2020, 05:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So what you are saying is the big war that was going to happen, the World War III that the dems were flogging themselves over, isn't going to happen? The death of the master mind of Iran's terror program didn't start World War III?
Nope, that's what you posted, not me.
Quote:
Well I am glad I didn't go out and buy a bunker.
Your old Y2K bunker will do.
Quote:
Since we killed the animal the left has been predicticting a major war.
You keep saying that.

Prove it.

Quote:
Now it's going to be gasp, more of what Iran has already been doing?
Nope.

It'll be more than the usual.

That's what I clearly posted and you tried so hard to twist into some fantasy that Limbaugh, Hannity or some other radical right mouthpiece fed you.

Yeah, it shows.

Old 01-09-2020, 06:04 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Bin Laden was the mastermind behind 911 and was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list. Was Soleimani on that list as well. I don't think many has heard anything about him.
As many knew of Bin Laden on 9/10/01 as knew of SOleimani a week ago. Was he a name most Americans knew? No. Was he well known as a terrorist and a murderer? Yes. Actually more so than Bin Laden, most likely.

Old 01-09-2020, 06:17 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
There will never be a end to the game unless we gas or nuke all of the ME and kill them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
What makes you think there is an "end game". There hasn't been one in 5000 years -- that concept does not exist in the middle east.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
The end game is endless religious war, fueled by paranoia, hallucinations and lies.
My OP was addressing President's Trump's possible 'End Game' for the United States, not for the entire Middle East.

The Middle East will continue, as others have pointed out, to fight among their fanatical religious factions killing each other and anyone that gets in their way until the End of Time! They stubbornly want to live as in Biblical Times, and refuse to be tolerant of and civil with others and come into the 21st Century.

We, the United States, currently may have a WAY OUT of this quagmire that we got ourselves into back when we were dependent on oil. We are now a net-EXPORTER of oil, so the only reason I see that the US remaining in Iraq is to be a buffer between Israel and Saudi Arabia and their extreme religious neighbor, Iran. And that’s not good enough for me. So let’s take the Out that the Iraqi Parliament has just given us, and get the hell outta Dodge and let the Israelis and the Saudis sort it out!

Problem I see right now is that Iran is playing the Long Game, and they will lay low until they have nuclear weapons and delivery systems, which they are feverishly working on right now... and will likely achieve within the year!

Last edited by Rumann Koch; 01-09-2020 at 06:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies