Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 08:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Were you as outraged when Osama Bin Laden was killed by Obama’s Order? No? Strange, and disturbing, that you now vilify President Trump!
Step back, take a deep breath, and think for a second, Rum.

OBL was the terrorist who planned and executed the strike that killed thousands of Americans in America.

He wasn't a high ranking govt official, backed by a well armed nation.

Your analogy breaks down even as you utter it.
Quote:
I bet had your son or daughter been one of the many hundreds of young American servicemen and women who were killed by the actions of this ruthless murderer or one of the many THOUSANDS who lost limbs and other body parts you wouldn’t be so hypocritically contemptuous!
I've been honestly and openly contemptuous of the Dubya/Chicken Dick Cheney oil war that they started 17 years ago. You know, that stupidly mismanaged and dishonestly orchestrated quagmire that's cost thousands of American lives and $trillions.

For what?

Please feel free to expand on how that war achieved anything other than making Iran the predominant power in the region. Well, that and driving the deficit through the ceiling.
Quote:
Soleimani, just like Bin Laden, was a murdering terrorist with much American blood on his hands. Taking them both out was the right thing to do!
Soliemani had it coming, no doubt. No one is arguing otherwise. We'll see if that act was worth it in the coming weeks and months.
Quote:
What Team are you on anyway!? I can’t believe you live in Texas and post this anti-American mierda!
"Anti-American", you spout.

Yeah, right. You've swallowed the hateful lies that fellow Americans are now your enemy if they don't get in step behind tRump.

I can't believe the shallow, mindless "analysis" that leads Trumplings to cheer the run-up to another stupid conflict with no discernible upside. Your fantasies of bringing Iran to its knees are juvenile, at best. The economic sanctions have left them with nothing to lose. And they aren't a powerless weakling with calm, rational leadership. Martyrdom is admired in their culture.

They will respond.

And tRump will escalate.

Your tough talk is hollow.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 08:12 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You wave a flag in their face and drop some ordinance and their meager brains somehow switch into full on right wing authoritarian/imperialist mode. Shocking, it turns out 99% of them are just GOPers.
The irony of your comment is that Obama left the White House having authorized TEN TIMES MORE DRONE STRIKES than George W Bush, and having been at war for longer than any President in US history! Obama also approved the development of a new nuclear-capable cruise missile thereby lowering the threshold for when the United States might consider using nuclear weapons.

So much for a fervent anti-war presidential candidate and Nobel Peace Prize winner! Get off your high horse defending your Saint Obama!

Old 01-06-2020, 08:30 AM

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

OBL was the terrorist who planned and executed the strike that killed thousands of Americans in America.

He wasn't a high ranking govt official, backed by a well armed nation.

Your analogy breaks down even as you utter it.
I've been honestly and openly contemptuous of the Dubya/Chicken Dick Cheney oil war that they started 17 years ago. You know, that stupidly mismanaged and dishonestly orchestrated quagmire that's cost thousands of American lives and $trillions.

For what?

Please feel free to expand on how that war achieved anything other than making Iran the predominant power in the region. Well, that and driving the deficit through the ceiling.
Soliemani had it coming, no doubt. No one is arguing otherwise. We'll see if that act was worth it in the coming weeks and months.
"Anti-American", you spout.

Yeah, right. You've swallowed the hateful lies that fellow Americans are now your enemy if they don't get in step behind tRump.

I can't believe the shallow, mindless "analysis" that leads Trumplings to cheer the run-up to another stupid conflict with no discernible upside. Your fantasies of bringing Iran to its knees are juvenile, at best. The economic sanctions have left them with nothing to lose. And they aren't a powerless weakling with calm, rational leadership. Martyrdom is admired in their culture.

They will respond.

And tRump will escalate.

Your tough talk is hollow.

I was watching a news show Sunday and they were interviewing Rep. Elissa Slotkin, a former CIA analyst , and she stated that this guy has been on their radar for the last two administrations. At the time , she said taking him out wasn't worth the risk. Every year that passed though , he got more and more powerful. Back in 2011 , another CIA operative stated that he was the single most powerful operative in the Middle East..so even more of a threat now.

You yourself said "he had it coming" , I'm sure we all agree with this. In fact it probably should have happened years ago. So why all the flack now over it ? You seem to contradict yourself, you make fun of the "Trumplings" for siding with Trump, then say this guy had it coming.

I wish we had absolutely zero involvement with the Middle East, and the Islamic radicals, but this all started 168 years before i was born. And it seems like it will be going on long after I die.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I was watching a news show Sunday and they were interviewing Rep. Elissa Slotkin, a former CIA analyst , and she stated that this guy has been on their radar for the last two administrations. At the time , she said taking him out wasn't worth the risk. Every year that passed though , he got more and more powerful. Back in 2011 , another CIA operative stated that he was the single most powerful operative in the Middle East..so even more of a threat now.

You yourself said "he had it coming" , I'm sure we all agree with this. In fact it probably should have happened years ago. So why all the flack now over it ? You seem to contradict yourself, you make fun of the "Trumplings" for siding with Trump, then say this guy had it coming.
I'll ask you to step back and think about the situation, too.

Yes, Soleimani was a scumbag and no one in the US is mourning him.

That's NOT the issue.

What's concerning is tRump taking this extremely provocative action while not offering any solid justification other than, "he was planning stuff." Since he lies constantly about anything and everything, Americans who aren't in lockstep with him expect a better explanation of why this escalation was so necessary. And that's a solid majority of Americans.

AND, tRump's often demonstrated inability to think ahead and consider the consequences of his actions doesn't inspire confidence that he made a good move here. His only consideration ALWAYS seems to be only, "what will give me a boost for the next day or so."
Quote:
I wish we had absolutely zero involvement with the Middle East, and the Islamic radicals, but this all started 168 years before i was born. And it seems like it will be going on long after I die.
This action only deepens our entanglement in the never-ending cycle of mindless mideast carnage.

Killing Soleimani won't keep Iran's terrorist activity tamped down. It most likely will cause it to increase, and make Americans in the vicinity the prime targets of their revenge.

Iran is being economically strangled by tRump's sanctions, which he placed on them when he tore up the nuclear agreement. An agreement they were honoring, even according to this administration. What do they stand to lose by striking back?

Now, they've announced that they're going full speed ahead with their nukes. Just as the Norks do the same.

So much winning.

Putin, Kim and Xi sit back and smile as tRump sends the USA once again into a costly no-win crisis.

One he clearly hasn't thought through. But provides him a distraction.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:06 AM

8,496 posts, read 4,555,950 times
Trump doesn't have an end game. He is incapable of thinking that far out. He acts on impulse on the spur of the moment like the undisciplined man he is.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:17 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,483 times
Quote:

They will respond. And tRump will escalate.
My post is not shallow, mindless, or juvenile. Neither am I a Trumpling! I am actually a THINKING concerned US citizen.

If you had carefully read my OP, I posited an intelligent thesis for a WAY OUT of the quagmire we have gotten ourselves into in the Middle East. Originally it was for oil. And just like Vietnam, we were suckered into taking the place of an 'ally' (France in Vietnam and Britain in the Middle East) when they gave up and left. It is time we got out too!

Previous Presidents have not had the insight to play the Long Game, and instead made payoffs to kick the can down the road. We are now in a different time: the US is a net-EXPORTER of oil. The only other reason I see that the US stay in Iraq is to be a buffer between our allies in the region and their more extreme religious neighbor, Iran. And that’s not good enough for me.

So let’s take the Out that the Iraqi Parliament has just given us, and get the hell outta Dodge!

As far as Iran goes – it depends entirely on the Ayatollah's response. Right now the ball is in his court, after the US aced him. So we currently have the advantage. This MAY bring Iran back to the negotiating table, and things MAY be resolved diplomatically, especially the nuclear issue. But if Iran decides to use military force, it will give Trump the justification to use another Shock & Awe. And this time it will be decisive with technology and weapons unheard of the last time, and we will destroy their nuclear facilities! Trump is playing hard ball - the only way the barbarians in the Middle East know how to play!

Old 01-06-2020, 09:19 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,112,435 times
arm-chair generals ITT

Old 01-06-2020, 09:20 AM

20,100 posts, read 9,006,146 times
Dems stood by while Obama fought wars in the ME for his entire 8 years, now they have heartburn? lmao

Old 01-06-2020, 09:23 AM

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
I'll ask you to step back and think about the situation, too.

Yes, Soleimani was a scumbag and no one in the US is mourning him.

That's NOT the issue.

What's concerning is tRump taking this extremely provocative action while not offering any solid justification other than, "he was planning stuff." Since he lies constantly about anything and everything, Americans who aren't in lockstep with him expect a better explanation of why this escalation was so necessary. And that's a solid majority of Americans.

AND, tRump's often demonstrated inability to think ahead and consider the consequences of his actions doesn't inspire confidence that he made a good move here. His only consideration ALWAYS seems to be only, "what will give me a boost for the next day or so."
This action only deepens our entanglement in the never-ending cycle of mindless mideast carnage.

Killing Soleimani won't keep Iran's terrorist activity tamped down. It most likely will cause it to increase, and make Americans in the vicinity the prime targets of their revenge.

Iran is being economically strangled by tRump's sanctions, which he placed on them when he tore up the nuclear agreement. An agreement they were honoring, even according to this administration. What do they stand to lose by striking back?

Now, they've announced that they're going full speed ahead with their nukes. Just as the Norks do the same.

So much winning.

Putin, Kim and Xi sit back and smile as tRump sends the USA once again into a costly no-win crisis.

One he clearly hasn't thought through. But provides him a distraction.

"It most likely will cause it to increase" Doesn't this go for any of the actions we do over there , regardless of which administration is in charge ? What makes it different this time ? Is it because it was Iran ? Killing innocent people in Yemen with a drone strike was no big deal because there is no worry of backlash from them ? At least we got a bad person, with no collateral damage this time.

And was Iran really following the agreement ? Did they not launch two ballistic capable missiles, and pull some centrifuges out of storage , both which violated the agreement ?

Personally I think this whole thing with Middle East involvement is a huge **** show , regardless of whom the POTUS is at the time. I just find it amusing though, the hypocrisy from the Trump haters over this situation.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:35 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
President Trump’s End Game Plan for the Middle East

No other President had an end game and certainly no success with one !!! At least its recognition Trump has one or someone thinks he does anyway !!! That's progress !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies