Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 08:25 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
OK, so Iran has made its first move in response to tRump's provocation. Will they take further action? They say they won't if the US doesn't escalate.

So, now the ball is back in tRump's court. Is he wise enough to call it quits at this point?

That's very uncertain.
You've got to admit - President Trump is definitely in the Driver's Seat!

I still believe that he can achieve both the objectives in my OP: get out of Iraq AND reel in Iran's nuclear program!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 08:38 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
"We'll see what happens."

Old 01-07-2020, 09:23 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Were you as outraged when Osama Bin Laden was killed by Obama’s Order? No? Strange, and disturbing, that you now vilify President Trump!

I bet had your son or daughter been one of the many hundreds of young American servicemen and women who were killed by the actions of this ruthless murderer or one of the many THOUSANDS who lost limbs and other body parts you wouldn’t be so hypocritically contemptuous!

Soleimani, just like Bin Laden, was a murdering terrorist with much American blood on his hands. Taking them both out was the right thing to do!

What Team are you on anyway!? I can’t believe you live in Texas and post this anti-American mierda!
Bin Laden was the mastermind behind 911 and was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list. Was Soleimani on that list as well. I don't think many has heard anything about him.

Old 01-07-2020, 09:57 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Bin Laden was the mastermind behind 911 and was on the FBI's 10 most wanted list. Was Soleimani on that list as well. I don't think many has heard anything about him.
you must not read much...……..

https://gellerreport.com/2020/01/sol...rocities.html/

Old 01-07-2020, 10:11 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
you must not read much...……..

https://gellerreport.com/2020/01/sol...rocities.html/
So was he on the FBI list of the 10 most wanted?

Old 01-08-2020, 12:02 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Clearly, the fool doesn't have one.

Killing Soliemani was a one off stunt to stir up his followers.

tRump doesn't think more than a day or two ahead. His ignorant impulsive behavior is his most salient characteristic.

Haven't we seen enough of these big-talking chickenhawks?

This thread has brought out another infestation of armchair warriors, who think that the real world plays out like a video game. Trump unchecked could easily be the end of us. Many of us foresaw this from the beginning. How can others be so clueless as to dismiss it?

Old 01-08-2020, 12:03 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,102,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
This thread has brought out another infestation of armchair warriors, who think that the real world plays out like a video game. Trump unchecked could easily be the end of us. Many of us foresaw this from the beginning. How can others be so clueless as to dismiss it?
World War 3 is about to begin! Just like it was going to begin as soon as Trump stepped into office

Old 01-08-2020, 01:05 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
While the US has very good anti-defense systems, none of them are perfect. None. The military, if they're being honest, will even tell you that.
If you believe anything in terms of a conflict situation is easy, you'd be the last person I'd wish to serve with.

My claim was that the U.S. could defeat any of Iran's air defenses, and I stand by that. I didn't say they were perfect or our defenses were perfect. I also never said anything was easy, so stop lying about what I claimed.

Old 01-08-2020, 01:15 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Hmmmmm let's see, now.

This is what Trump inherited as he came into office:

1.ISIS was practically defeated - FALSE
2. Iraq was our ally - FALSE
3. The Kurds were our allies - Some
4. Iran had stopped enriching uranium and was fully complying with inspections, as verified by Rex Tillerson - FALSE
5. The Middle East was starting to show signs of stabilizing and hints of democracy arising - FALSE
6. The USA was at a negotiated peace with Iran where diplomacy could begin - Still committing acts of TERROR
7. The people of Iran were demonstrating against their theocratic regime - Really? If it really happened, they didn't change anything.

So much Disinformation above. Almost ALL of it false. Iran was still sponsoring terror. Obama the incompetent, called ISIS the JV, and then under his watch became even stronger and more dangerous. Iran was NEVER complying with anything. Middle East stabilizing? Iraq, Syria, Yemen, etc?????

You can't negotiate with Iran. They are a Terrorist state led by Muslim fanatics. When will you Libs realize that appeasing them doesn't work? You must live in some Utopian Fantasy World.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:07 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So much Disinformation above. Almost ALL of it false. Iran was still sponsoring terror. Obama the incompetent, called ISIS the JV, and then under his watch became even stronger and more dangerous. Iran was NEVER complying with anything. Middle East stabilizing? Iraq, Syria, Yemen, etc?????
You could also make the argument that the ballistic missiles that Iran launched on US Troops yesterday was paid for with the plane-load of money that the Obama administration secretly arranged a few years back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies