Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 06:52 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,531,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
And it's no coincidence that the ban on gatherings over 50 people will have NO impact on the Biden presidential campaign.
You mean the Biden campaign that cancelled all their rallies and sent most workers home?

Old 03-15-2020, 06:53 PM

30,175 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
...LOL....it is alot of hard work to carry out these conspiracies...I'm tellin ya

They are busy. Its the same people keeping the "round earthers" away from the edges of Antarctica.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:53 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dane_in_la View Post
"that lifeboat was private property! White star line had every right to do with it as they pleased. Had a proper free market been allowed to work, the invisible hand would provide more lifeboats. Forcing the owner of the lifeboat to rescue people means you're violating the non-aggression principle. You'd make him your slave." did i miss anything?
lol

Old 03-15-2020, 06:54 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Yeah right. Blame it on the millennials and the younger folks.
They didn't specify millennials. They said too many people don't care.

I've seen just as many self centered elderly too. It is the NATURE of youth to think they are invincible, we were pretty much all that way.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-15-2020, 06:55 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It would also give time to figure out a way to have treatment plans for patients.
That is a good goal but realistically, people die from CV the same way they die from flu - pneumonia. And since we haven't figured out how to overcome pneumonia with flu and stop the 50,000 deaths every year, it seem unlikely we will figure it out for Covid-19 either.

A vaccine is a possible savior here but I will believe it when I see it. We never completed the SARS vax so we are on new ground with it.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:56 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Washington state 7.5 million people

current cases: 769

That is about 102 cases / per million people

health care system has to be overwhelmed over there already.

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
All three China, Italy, Iran and Fran didn't 'close the window' fast enough so the curve didn't flatten... using their language not mine.

The Canadian lead health officer said for Canada the window is almost shut and that Canadians needed to social distance and do as they are told NOW before they miss the opportunity.

I suspect it is the same here. That's why the panic to shut things down.

I didn't see the press conference today but I'm not getting that message was as strong as it should have been. I know the Feds cut rates again and Trump thinks this is amazing...and we'll be okay.

But I don't get the if you don't stay away form public places NOW we won't contain this no matter what financial incentives we cook up.

My son works in retail...Target. Don't judge. He is working while he is trying to get his career going....anyway...He said the store was packed todaay. People are bored so they go shopping.

We don't have many in our community -- one person with the virus...but still.......

Friend's daughter manager of a TJ Max in Maine - -she said the store was packed. Same thing -- people are bored so they shop.

i was all about going to restaurants/breweries and supporting our local businesses. I will be ordering in, picking up growlers to take home, gift cards, etc.....and staying at home.

We live at a time when we are so socially connected with all our technology -- this is not hard people.

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
They didn't specify millennials. They said too many people don't care.

I've seen just as many self centered elderly too. It is the NATURE of youth to think they are invincible, we were pretty much all that way.
The direct quote was,
“It is to protect you and me from the millenials and other young folks who are not taking this seriously. Too many do not understand or do not care. That is what makes it downright dangerous for us elders to be out in public.”

I’ve also seen just as much self centered behavior among older folks. Blaming the millennials and young people is not cool.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:57 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
This is somehow considered bad presidenting?

Old 03-15-2020, 06:58 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The direct quote was,
“It is to protect you and me from the millenials and other young folks who are not taking this seriously. Too many do not understand or do not care. That is what makes it downright dangerous for us elders to be out in public.”

I’ve also seen just as much self centered behavior among older folks. Blaming the millennials and young people is not cool.

I know. I feel I as a millennial already did what I could do. well, not saying I am all about others, but at least I have common sense. Some older folks tell me I should not sstock up on things, it should be left to the others. (like the old folks) as if I cannot even have extra bottle of hand sanitizer or something. So whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies