Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 12:50 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times

Advertisements

This is just one reason why we are screwed. People are thinking, "Oh we would never be like Italy or China." No. Instead, we may end up in worse shape than them because we are not prepared and not taking appropriate precautions.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:50 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well done, President Trump. Can't believe I just said that LOL.

After members of his task force asked the country to put politics and partisanship aside, Trump just yesterday took a jab at his rival, Gov Cuomo of New York.

Just moments ago in today's briefing, Trump said that he had a lengthy conversation with Gov Cuomo and they agreed on just about everything and should be good moving forward with the corona crisis in New York. Trump went on to say that he and Cuomo are "working very well together" and that the conversation was very positive.

THANK YOU, Donald Trump. It really can be that easy. Less personal attacks, less insults, and more fact-based statements without taking shots at other people. I would like to see much more of that.

I still think he's been a crappy president, but I will celebrate my small victories with Trump where I can. And Donald just made a lengthy statement about his dealings with Democratic Gov Cuomo and didn't insult him. That's a start
Reciprocation
We'll flame eachother at another time, another place
Until the-stay safe

Old 03-17-2020, 12:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Maybe it sounds like a crazy idea, but when they say 70% of people will end up getting it anyway, would it make sense to deliberately and systematically infect all healthy people under 60 under controlled conditions?
Yes, Boris (Johnson, not accusing you of being a Russian agent). That was his plan, until the WHO stepped in.
Didn't we already discuss this?
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/13/uk/uk...gbr/index.html

Old 03-17-2020, 12:54 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post

This is just one reason why we are screwed. People are thinking, "Oh we would never be like Italy or China." No. Instead, we may end up in worse shape than them because we are not prepared and not taking appropriate precautions.
I think Japan should be on that graph as well. Living in Japan, I used to see large volumes of tourists steadily streaming into Japan from China. They love going to Japan. I'd say Japan should have a lot of cases as well, even more then the US.

There is a few things you're missing the point on. Italy and China tend to have tighter/closer living quarters with each other compared to the US. Also these places where the virus cases are greatest, they tend to use primarily public transportation, whereas in the US, only in very largely populated cities use such 'packed" public transportation. China also has very unsanitary conditions when it comes to the meat markets "wet markets" where this virus first started coming from. In those markets, the animals are slaughtered, butchered, and packed all on the same table. Much of the waste such as blood, bowel excrement and such touches the tables, tools, hands of those handling the animals, and what ends up being consumed (meat, bone, organs, etc.) by the shoppers. The waste is then simply flushed into the sewage system and/or some type of drainage. Very unsanitary conditions to say the least. Mix in the bush meats (bats, snakes, lizards, etc. etc.) factor and it's a recipe for sickness and virus disaster.

Last edited by FC76-81; 03-17-2020 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-17-2020, 12:56 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Tuesday a "handful" of State Department employees have tested positive for the coronavirus in the first official acknowledgement that his staff has been directly affected by the pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/polit...ser/index.html

NY Post is reporting that Brussel's is reporting that they are seeing a lot more younger patients with severe symptoms. Post can be be inflammatory (no pun) and I'm trying to find the original article.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-17-2020, 12:58 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I think Japan should be on that graph as well. Living in Japan, I used to see large volumes of tourists steadily streaming into Japan from China. They love going to Japan. I'd say Japan should have a lot of cases as well, even more then the US.
Have a friend living in Japan and he's not as concerned. But he's mad as hell that there was not a travel ban couple of months ago.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:58 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Perhaps. I can say that I personally know an Asian Chick who is an activist and operates in the US. What she does is provide information into Asian countries by way of connections with others inside such countries. She had shown me pix of this specific doctor before he died and before it was in the news of his existence. She was following him on some type of social media platform until he was admitted to the hospital and subsequently died. She has her reasons to believe that it wasn't actually the virus that killed him. I know, conspiracy theories and all, I don't necessarily believe such stuff. But since she had pix of him and was following him in some of her on-line dealings, I can understand why she thinks the way she does about it.
Truly we don't know. Look at Epstein and his "suicide".

Old 03-17-2020, 01:00 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
wow, New York state is getting out of control, and keep in mind they have 19.54 million people

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

1700 cases now, California will be bad too I have no doubt

Old 03-17-2020, 01:01 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Tuesday a "handful" of State Department employees have tested positive for the coronavirus in the first official acknowledgement that his staff has been directly affected by the pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/polit...ser/index.html

NY Post is reporting that Brussel's is reporting that they are seeing a lot more younger patients with severe symptoms. Post can be be inflammatory (no pun) and I'm trying to find the original article.
Try this.. This needs to be plastered on all social media platforms for the younger generation to see.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/belgiu...-severely-ill/

An emergency doctor treating patients of the coronavirus pandemic said several young people who had been hospitalised were getting “severely ill” despite having no underlying conditions.

Doctor Ignace Demeyer, who works at a hospital in Aalst, said that lung scans from young people admitted into the emergency ward were “nothing short of terrifying.”
In Italy, doctors fighting to contain the spread of the pandemic in the second worst-hit country worldwide said that public being affected by the coronavirus was “changing.”

“They are a bit younger, between 40 to 45 years old and the cases are more complicated,” an Italian doctor told The Independent.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:03 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I did not say near term....

A trial vaccine started today, 64 days in...that's on a macro level.

Lets say that the national leadership said today, nobody can leave their house for 14 days. You'd be the very first to call the national leadership racist...everyone her knows that....
no only if he said anybody who isn't a natural born American is quarantined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies