Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2020, 12:36 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They aren't trying to stop the virus. They are trying to spread out how many get infected at any given time.

And seeing this is a novel virus..how do you determine "controlled conditions" for a brand new virus in the human body ?
Reactions vary even among healthy.
One 39 year old gets a cough; another ends up in ICU on a ventilator like that doctor in NY; another dies (like that doctor in China)
That doctor in China was considered an activist. He wasn't supposed to be disclosing this virus information at the time he did that. Activists and China don't really seem to get along, so.......well.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:37 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Also, this whole ventilator business is overrated.

The truth is that once you are on ventilator, well, you are pretty much done anyway. Sure, there are people "saved", but how many?

It is better that you don't get it in the first place.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:39 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Also, this whole ventilator business is overrated.

The truth is that once you are on ventilator, well, you are pretty much done anyway. Sure, there are people "saved", but how many?

It is better that you don't get it in the first place.
There's also worry about local morphine supplies to at least keep people comfortable until the end...

Old 03-17-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
There's also worry about local morphine supplies to at least keep people comfortable until the end...
Yep.People need to know all these harsh truth.

They think they need to get a hold of the ventilator to save their life or something. It's better that you don't get the disease.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:40 PM

46,310 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i don't know how many times i've seen this incorrect claim on this thread alone:

Biden falsely says Trump administration rejected WHO coronavirus test kits (that were never offered)

"Biden’s emphasis on WHO offering kits is simply wrong. We rate this claim Mostly False."
Well, there goes another "bash trump" meme out the window!

Old 03-17-2020, 12:41 PM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
That doctor in China was considered an activist. He wasn't supposed to be disclosing this virus information at the time he did that. Activists and China don't really seem to get along, so.......well.
That is speculation.

There is this small thing called "cytokine storm" which can happen in healthy young people.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:43 PM

We all know our federal and local government are not doing enough.

we need to do our own part.

Social distancing, lock down grandparents, stay home as much as possible.

All the Democrats are not helping either, everyday they just make demands. But they have done one thing right: broadcast this 24/7 so people pay attention

I thank the Democrats for that. +10

Old 03-17-2020, 12:46 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
We all know our federal and local government are not doing enough.

we need to do our own part.

Social distancing, lock down grandparents, practicing social distancing, stay home as much as possible.

All the Democrats are not helping either, everyday they just make demands. But they have done one thing right: broadcast this 24/7 so people pay attention

I thank the Democrats for that. +10

I agree. The best thing we can do now is educate.

People! Just stay away from other people. Everyone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-17-2020, 12:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I went to 3 different "grocery" stores yesterday. I didn't see any hoarding behavior, just the aftermath. I did see 1 cart with napkins, so I assume the store had those. Didn't bother there (Costco) going to the way back to see if they had TP, but I assume not.

Gone/practically 0 at all 3: bread, milk, eggs, TP, pasta.

I've no doubt that, say 20%, panic themselves and another 20% panic because they see others panic. But I still see no evidence that a MAJORITY of people are exhibiting panic behavior.

It is good to see all the people on social media "If I can help, let me know".
I just got back from the grocery, a major Kroger chain store. Fairly well stocked with food but out of tuna and pasta, almost out of peanut butter and who knows what else. Totally out of TP, all types of wipes (butt and otherwise), even though they are limiting these (when they have them) to 3 pkg per customer. I didn't check the beer aisle.

Obviously, here in my town, people are exhibiting panic behavior or they wouldn't be out of these things and putting limits on their purchase. The store was quite full for a Tuesday morning.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:47 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That is speculation.

There is this small thing called "cytokine storm" which can happen in healthy young people.
Perhaps. I can say that I personally know an Asian Chick who is an activist and operates in the US. What she does is provide information into Asian countries by way of connections with others inside such countries. She had shown me pix of this specific doctor before he died and before it was in the news of his existence. She was following him on some type of social media platform until he was admitted to the hospital and subsequently died. She has her reasons to believe that it wasn't actually the virus that killed him. I know, conspiracy theories and all, I don't necessarily believe such stuff. But since she had pix of him and was following him in some of her on-line dealings, I can understand why she thinks the way she does about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies