Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 05:20 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times

Advertisements

I had a feeling this would occur the Navy doesn't like their dirty laundry hung out, what I don't know is if he tried to get resolution through official channels. Either way if he owns it then I can respect the decision he made as Captain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 05:26 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I had a feeling this would occur the Navy doesn't like their dirty laundry hung out, what I don't know is if he tried to get resolution through official channels. Either way if he owns it then I can respect the decision he made as Captain.
I can't respect what he did. His job wasn't to be everybody's pal or daddy figure. It was to be CO of that ship. That means you follow the chain of command. His one up was on that ship. Flag is always on the carrier in the task force or battle group. Meaning how did his alleged email get out to 30 people?

I was on the same class of ship. Ops dept. We worked with the CO and with Flag. I can't imagine my CO ever, and do mean ever jumping chain of command. That tells the crew to do the same thing. That means chaos.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:31 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Guess it is true that no good deed goes unpunished.

"The US Navy has relieved the captain of the coronavirus-stricken aircraft carrier USS Roosevelt days after his plea for help for his sailors went public.

Acting US Navy Secretary Thomas Modly announced on Thursday afternoon that Captain Brett Crozier had been relieved of his command of the nuclear aircraft carrier, four days after he penned a scathing letter to Navy leaders calling for stronger action to address the COVID-19 outbreak he said was unnecessarily threatening his sailors lives. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...plea-help.html
Fearmongering and not using the chain of command !!! Relieved of his command is the right call !!!

Old 04-03-2020, 05:31 AM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The facts embarrassed the Trump administration. He had to go.
Give it a rest already.

There's a very good reason why the military has a strict chain of command and someone in such a high position who so conspicuously violates that chain SHOULD be relieved of their command NO MATTER WHO IS PRESIDENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Shortly, he will be demonized on this forum ...
But not before a chronic TDS sufferer leaps to be the first to respond so they can gratuitously demonize Trump for something that has absolutely zero to do with Trump.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Fearmongering and not using the chain of command !!! Relieved of his command is the right call !!!
I would agree, based upon what has been released and my own experience in the Navy on the same class of ship.

His chain of command began with the task force commander who is also on that ship. He jumped chain of command like a MOFO if 30 people got a couple of that email. I can only imagine the butt chewing he got when that Admiral learned of what the Captain did.

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times
We should find out who fired him and fire them as well.
Spread their names in the media, dig into their past and records and spread it around.

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Should have given him a Code Red.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:35 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,640,559 times
Actually before this became widely known I thought he should have been fired for even allowing that port visit and then for likely mismanaging everything that led to the outbreak. He basically did with that ship what Trump did with the country. The difference is he is being held responsible.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:39 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Incorrect, I hate Trump but this had nothing to do with Trump.

The military does not like drama.

By choosing to leak this to the press rather than deal with it through his chain of command the captain chose to attract extra attention to the situation and go outside military channels. That is a no no in the military and that is why he was removed.
How are we any different than Communist Soviet Union?
When one of their subs was in distress, the captain sent out a plea for help and the Soviets let all perish in order to save face. We chastised them for that.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:02 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I can't respect what he did. His job wasn't to be everybody's pal or daddy figure. It was to be CO of that ship. That means you follow the chain of command. His one up was on that ship. Flag is always on the carrier in the task force or battle group. Meaning how did his alleged email get out to 30 people?

I was on the same class of ship. Ops dept. We worked with the CO and with Flag. I can't imagine my CO ever, and do mean ever jumping chain of command. That tells the crew to do the same thing. That means chaos.
You are right he is the CO and I'm sure he has work hard to reach that pinnacle in his career. He must have felt pretty strongly to take the action that he did knowing full well what could happen because of it.
Yes you follow the COC but sometimes you do what's right regardless of the consequences. I agree how did it get out?

I'm retired Navy and did my last cruise as part of Flag Staff on the Enterprise, like you I find it hard to believe but I respect his convictions and personal sacrifice to potential stop the entire ship being infected if it isn't already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies