Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2020, 12:06 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
^^^^^^^^This. I can't Rep you enough.

^^^^^^^^And this. Remember, The 7th Fleet Commander, VADM Joseph Aucoin, repeatedly warned PACFLT command that the OPTEMPO (among other things) of 7th Fleet ships was degrading the ability of those ships to carry out their mission. PACFLT command did nothing. Then the USS MCCAIN and USS FITZGERALD collide with commercial shipping, killing sailors and severely damaging both ships. And Aucoin is relieved of command. That's what blindly following the chain of command gets you. Dead sailors.

I suspect that the TR skipper REPEATEDLY discussed the issue with the BG commander and NOTHING HAPPENED. And CAPT Crozer decided to go public, likely knowing it would end his career. I saw it time and time again in my career: commanders paying lip service to "take car of your sailors," and then those commanders doing exactly what was good for THEM, regardless of the effect it had on those under his command.

Keep in mind also: the day before acting SECNAV announced CAPT Crozer's relief for cause, he affirmed to the media that Crozer would not be punished for raising the alarm. I guess his attitude was "adjusted."

--
You are taught to disobey unlawful orders in the military but there is no evidence this captain received an unlawful order from his superiors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 12:10 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I believe the word you are looking for is "analogy" and the answer is absolutely yes, continue on if that is the command.
I can tell you never served, lol. That is not how it works. If a person is not functioning, they cannot continue anything.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:10 PM

7,825 posts, read 4,568,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
First, do you have any evidence he tried normal channels and didn't get results?

Second, his primary job isn't to protect the best interests of those under his command but to follow the orders given from above. Should the commanders of the amphibious landers have aborted their landings on Normandy beach in 1944 on the grounds that it would have saved the lives of their troops?
They are not in Normandy and it's not 1944. Crozier said as much in his letter.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:15 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So a traitor is a hero?

A soldier is not a hero by leaking classified information.
And a Captain who jeopardizes their own career for the good of his men is not a traitor. I've yet to read who leaked out this correspondences to the Senior Naval Officers in Washington. Maybe its one of those temporally appointed civilians who have 0 days experience serving their country.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:16 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
opsec is opsec.....Another time and place the guys would have been court martialed. What if Rough Rider had been in the Persian Gulf..... Some Hadji would love to hear that crap....

Old 04-03-2020, 12:17 PM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
So what who is he? Certainly not the CNO or SECNAV

Old 04-03-2020, 12:35 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The facts embarrassed the Trump administration. He had to go.

Shortly, he will be demonized on this forum ...
another TDS syndrome

USS Theodore's last foreign port was Da Nang, Vietnam on March 4. It's safe to assume that the sailors got the coronavirus from their shore leave in Vietnam.

The captain of the ship has the authority to grant (or deny) shore leave to his men. I'm pretty sure captain of US navy ships do not call the White House to ask the POTUS for shore leave every time their ship anchors at a foreign port.

Also, in the military we have thing call chain-of-command. I know it's a weird concept for civilians to get that, but chain-of-command do exists. Ask me how i know all that

Old 04-03-2020, 12:51 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
another TDS syndrome

USS Theodore's last foreign port was Da Nang, Vietnam on March 4. It's safe to assume that the sailors got the coronavirus from their shore leave in Vietnam.

The captain of the ship has the authority to grant (or deny) shore leave to his men. I'm pretty sure captain of US navy ships do not call the White House to ask the POTUS for shore leave every time their ship anchors at a foreign port.

Also, in the military we have thing call chain-of-command. I know it's a weird concept for civilians to get that, but chain-of-command do exists. Ask me how i know all that

And a raging dose of the clap! That wouldn't help much I'm sure!

Old 04-03-2020, 12:54 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,743,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The facts embarrassed the Trump administration. He had to go.

Shortly, he will be demonized on this forum ...

Uninformed people should not insert foot into mouth.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:01 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
And a raging dose of the clap! That wouldn't help much I'm sure!
Breaking news:
50 sailors from USS Kennedy got the herpes after their ship left Phillippines

Blame Trump

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies