Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 09:24 AM

8,342 posts, read 2,967,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
True also with bigots and racists and rogue cops, apparently.
True. Like BLM and their followers and Trinity Church going types.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I don't doubt that intoxication may have contributed to his death but that doesn't justify what that cop did.
So based on that if this guy was of average health and sober and/or drug free he may have survived. This isn’t murder. Possibly manslaughter as his actions resulted in the death. If a knee to the neck is department policy they should take part of the blame.

If the victim were white this would be no news. Racist double standard media.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
This man was murdered.

Yall just need to stop it already, you look real dumb in your hatred, and we can all see it.
Not murder. Possibly involuntary homicide. To suggest murder is dumb. You think he was trying to kill this guy to get all this publicity and attention?

Old 05-30-2020, 09:46 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's a very short sighted view.

First of all, they don't have to prove intent to kill for a 3rd degree murder charge, secondly, anyone who watches the video of him continuing to kneel on his neck for minutes after he goes limp will disagree that there wasn't intent to kill.

609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

Your guy is almost certain to catch 25 years and he should count himself lucky that he isn't getting charged with murder in the 2nd degree.
Charges might go up to Murder 2 -- depends on what they find when they complete the investigation.
As I've posted before -- Police have Unions (as do most Government employees in these Blue States) - that means a ton of Hoops to jump through before ANYTHING can be done.

Biggest mistakes in some these cases is Over-Charging .... it almost guarantees an acquittal.
Murder 1 demands a high burden of proof - they would have to prove Pre-Meditated Murder.
Prove that the Cop planned the 911 call, planned being the officer to respond - PLANNED it all.

And yet -- George's family and the protestors are saying "Murder 1 or we continue to protest".
It's spread all over the USA (only Dem controlled Cities of course) and now they are shooting each other and Federal and Local Law Enforcement - attacking Federal Buildings, burning a Federal Post Office.

We don't want a Kent State type of response - Curfews WILL work, but they have to be done correctly.
Begin at 6 pm - ANYONE on the street goes directly to Jail after straight up 6 pm. Stop all transportation at exactly 6 pm. Make announcements all day long about the Curfew and then enforce it in every case.
In the mostly Leftist Cities, then may need to build containment cages and surround them with armed Police/Guards. Better to be caged than to be shot.

Any vehicle on the streets after 6 pm is impounded - I went through exactly that in the 70's after a Hurricane and it lasted for 2 weeks. It kept looting from occurring, it allowed the work crews to restore power/phone/clear the streets of debris. It was no fun and it was no joke - strictly enforced.

It's clear these Riots are planned, supported by Anarchists - they can eventually be identified
In the meantime, they will attempt to burn down Cities and promote "WAR" - it's already gone too far.
A strict Curfew, containment, transportation control is the best way to stop this.
Silly Mayors & Governors "begging" for calm is a joke and the joke is on them.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:49 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
When was the last time a white guy said to a cop, "I can't breathe"?
How would you know unless you were there or either saw it reported on the media source you use to get your "information"?

Old 05-30-2020, 09:53 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie
When was the last time a white guy said to a cop, "I can't breathe"?
This one is close enough. This white man didn't end up in custody because he had committed a crime. Instead, he called 911 for help. And the cops came and killed him.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/inve...-timpa-s-life/

Tony Timpa wailed and pleaded for help more than 30 times as Dallas police officers pinned his shoulders, knees and neck to the ground.

“You’re gonna kill me! You’re gonna kill me! You’re gonna kill me!”

The officers pinned his handcuffed arms behind his back for nearly 14 minutes and zip-tied his legs together. By the time he was loaded onto a gurney and put into an ambulance, the 32-year-old was dead.

After Timpa fell unconscious, the officers who had him in handcuffs assumed he was asleep and didn’t confirm that he was breathing or feel for a pulse.

As precious minutes passed, the officers laughed and joked about waking Timpa up for school and making him waffles for breakfast.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Actually most suspects when put in that position all say the same thing. Just like your kid tells you - it's wasn't me. If your air supply is getting cut off - you can't talk because you are fighting to inhale.
If you can speak clearly you can breathe. I believe the knee cut off an artery. His complications contributed. The cop likely assumed he was lying when he said he couldn’t breathe but of course bad guys never lie.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:02 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You can block the carotid artery in the neck without causing strangulation.

Death can result in minutes from blocking blood flow to the brain.

Panic and stress from feeling like he's being strangled probably raised his heart rate and blood pressure to dangerous levels.

Just because he didn't die of asphyxiation doesn't mean that kneeling on his neck for eight minutes didn't kill him.

That cop killed George Floyd, no matter what the clinical cause of death was.
That's right FatBob96.

That cop effectively employed a technique that is banned in nearly every jurisdiction in the US and most civilized countries.

It's no longer taught at "police academies" (an oxymoron) but some States allow private training and it's taught at a few universities, technical and vocational schools.

And cops teach it to other cops anyway.

Originally, it was called the "choke hold" but after years of public outrage and thoughts from the medical community it was given a politically correct name like "non-violent disablement" then later banned.

You use your forearm and baton or tonfa or you use your bicep and forearm to collapse both sides of the neck.

Depending on a person's physiology and health, they'll be rendered unconscious in 5-7 seconds.

A football player or someone with a particularly thick neck might last 9 seconds or even 11 seconds.

The problem is some people rendered unconscious die; others are left in a permanent vegetative state; and others suffer effects tantamount to a hemorrhagic stroke.

Unfortunately, you cannot know beforehand what will actually happen just by looking at a person.

Whether Floyd could breath or not doesn't matter, because people with anxiety/panic attacks think they can't breathe, too. They can breathe, but they think they cannot and that's all that matters because that's what triggers the flood of hormones and enzymes in the brain and certain other organs.

Floyd was handcuffed and not going anywhere and the cop should have shifted to a knee in the back between the shoulder blades to keep Floyd pinned down if it was actually necessary to pin him down.

All I have to say to those cops is thanks a helluva lot because I was out and about last night and had to literally run for my life with the riots shutting down I-75 and tearing up Over-the-Rhine where I live.

Now we have a 10:00 PM and I can't do squat.

Old 05-30-2020, 10:17 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's right FatBob96.

That cop effectively employed a technique that is banned in nearly every jurisdiction in the US and most civilized countries.

It's no longer taught at "police academies" (an oxymoron) but some States allow private training and it's taught at a few universities, technical and vocational schools.

And cops teach it to other cops anyway.

Originally, it was called the "choke hold" but after years of public outrage and thoughts from the medical community it was given a politically correct name like "non-violent disablement" then later banned.

You use your forearm and baton or tonfa or you use your bicep and forearm to collapse both sides of the neck.

Depending on a person's physiology and health, they'll be rendered unconscious in 5-7 seconds.

A football player or someone with a particularly thick neck might last 9 seconds or even 11 seconds.

The problem is some people rendered unconscious die; others are left in a permanent vegetative state; and others suffer effects tantamount to a hemorrhagic stroke.

Unfortunately, you cannot know beforehand what will actually happen just by looking at a person.

Whether Floyd could breath or not doesn't matter, because people with anxiety/panic attacks think they can't breathe, too. They can breathe, but they think they cannot and that's all that matters because that's what triggers the flood of hormones and enzymes in the brain and certain other organs.

Floyd was handcuffed and not going anywhere and the cop should have shifted to a knee in the back between the shoulder blades to keep Floyd pinned down if it was actually necessary to pin him down.

All I have to say to those cops is thanks a helluva lot because I was out and about last night and had to literally run for my life with the riots shutting down I-75 and tearing up Over-the-Rhine where I live.

Now we have a 10:00 PM and I can't do squat.
You're wrong about the bold. A knee to the back or neck while a suspect is facedown is not a generally accepted police response anymore. Most precincts have turned away from that due to the fact those are proven ways to suffoicate a person. Guess what happened here...

Old 05-30-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Here’s a thought, the autopsy could be wrong or a lie.

How many times has this country lied to blacks? Countless times.
How many times have they lied to whites? Countless times. The media does it daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies