Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2020, 05:23 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou88 View Post
the CCP partially owns twitter and is now trying to sway public opinion.

this is bad.
Huh? Owning some Twitter stocks (TNW) doesn't give them any special rights to use it in a different way than any other users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou88 View Post
We elected the man, let him say whatever he wants
He can say whatever he wants, but Twitter does not have to allow him to spread political propaganda (lies) using their platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
What a shock! Twitter is anti-Trump.....?
I don't blame them for not wanting politicians to use their platform to spread political propaganda & fake news (lies), which is exactly what Trump is doing. Enough with the lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
Trump is talking about censorship (representation of ideas). You're talking about usership (representation by demography).
Ironically Trump accuses them of censoring him, and his solution is to use government authority to censor them completely.

Maybe Trump and his loyalists should just boycott social media. Just this morning I saw one of my FB friends who is a Trump fan announce he is leaving FB.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-28-2020 at 05:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 05:36 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Good. We all know how much Trump lies. If his mouth is moving, he’s lying again. It’s about time. All media should fact check everything he says.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:46 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Now Twitter is a publisher. They will have to be deemed as much because the other option is to allow anyone to post warnings.

Only publishers can unilaterally administer warnings. Passively administrated forums either have to allow anyone to post a warning or not edit / annotate user-posted information.

Liberals don't want that done for propaganda involving their issues. At the grassroots level, conservatives are much better at social media.

Twitter will eventually be deemed a publisher and the lawsuits will pour in. If not now, then eventually. Maybe the government will stall that act enough to allow the owners to cash out at a higher stock price, but changing the protected status of social media companies given how they censor their platforms is an eventuality.
Maybe the next administration will reinstate the Fairness Doctrine and extend it to social media.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:51 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Ironically Trump accuses them of censoring him, and his solution is to use government authority to censor them completely.
That won't be his solution. It will be to remove their special protected status and treat them as any other publisher. If they want to editorialise, seems fair don't you think?

It was a stupid and short sighted business decision by them. This potential outcome was completely foreseeable and long overdue.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:54 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
From the Ministry Of Tweet:

" Joel Roth: I'm just saying, we fly over those states that voted for a racist tangerine for a reason."

" Yes, that person in the pink hat is clearly a bigger threat to your brand of feminism than ACTUAL NAZIS IN THE WHITE HOUSE."

From the front page of the New York Post today.

A "neutral" fact checker meant to police Trump.

Great.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:55 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,053,282 times
Democracy in action. Let him move over to Gab with all the other white nationalists.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:56 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Huh?

Maybe Trump and his loyalists should just boycott social media. Just this morning I saw one of my FB friends who is a Trump fan announce he is leaving FB.
I'm no Trump fan, but I'm seriously considering it myself. I am currently halfway through a stint in FB jail for 30 days because I made a post mocking Nazis, and dared to include a picture of one. I was sent to lockdown for "promoting hate groups". I protested the ruling, and the post was reinstated by FB after they apologized for the error, but I was left in jail.

It's no secret that Zuckerberg is a huge Trump supporter. Still debating whether I will return or not. I use it as a daytimer to keep up with my various movie projects, but there are other ways to get around that if I need to, less efficient but equally as effective.

Old 05-28-2020, 05:58 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Democracy in action. Let him move over to Gab with all the other white nationalists.
Democracy in action will be removing the special status of these publishing companies that has allowed them to grow rich with their unfair advantage over all other publishers. They shall reap what they sow.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:00 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Oh look, another leftist projecting his own BIGOTRY!

Old 05-28-2020, 06:03 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
I think the bigger issue is everything trump says is a blatant lie and a bunch of you are totally fine with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies