Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 10:03 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What don't you understand? Burdening blacks in America is EFFORTLESS. It's HABIT. Hence, no one has to make a conscious attempt to discriminate against blacks. That has been on auto pilot for some time now. Where the conscious effort comes in is in NOT being discriminatory against blacks. That is why entities need to be cognizant that their behavior does not end up being discrimination by EFFECT, if not intent.

You keep harping on intent and effort. I am saying that what the ultimate result of the behavior is. That is that a black person who does not steal is burdened due to RACE, because the products locked up are specific to black consumer demand. I don't give a slit that these items get stolen more. Innocent black people are not stealing them. Business entities build theft into their pricing. How many customers and sales are they losing by locking these products up? I can guarantee that they have lost MANY black purchases of these products because of the inconvenience.
You know what? Your own racism needs a check. Because all I hear from you here is whining about black people having to get assistance to buy products, while you COMPLETELY ignore the REALITY that people of ALL ethnicities and colors must do the same. My takeaway is that you don’t care much about anyone outside of your own race. Equality isn’t your objective; black supremacy is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 04:38 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,955,534 times
This is why “racism” is never going away.. when locking up hair care products because they get stolen more then other products is racist.. it’ll just never go away.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:42 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You know what? Your own racism needs a check. Because all I hear from you here is whining about black people having to get assistance to buy products, while you COMPLETELY ignore the REALITY that people of ALL ethnicities and colors must do the same. My takeaway is that you don’t care much about anyone outside of your own race. Equality isn’t your objective; black supremacy is.
The only way all ethnicities would have to do the same is those stores locked up all hair care products instead of the products that blacks mainly use and others do not.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
The only way all ethnicities would have to do the same is those stores locked up all hair care products instead of the products that blacks mainly use and others do not.
Your whole argument falls apart because this isn't being done to burden black people. This isn't racist. This is nothing more than good business, which you clearly have an inability to grasp.

Your solution that all hair products be locked up is as stupid as me suggesting regular toothbrushes should be locked up because those of us who use electric are being discriminated against. It's the argument of a child. I'm embarrassed for you.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
This is why “racism” is never going away.. when locking up hair care products because they get stolen more then other products is racist.. it’ll just never go away.
I have to agree with you at this point. Not as long as people look to be offended and cry 'racism' over nothing, it's not going away.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:53 PM

45,399 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
That's why I said, earlier in the thread, we will never have an honest conversation about race in this country.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:01 PM

18,452 posts, read 8,282,661 times
jez....there's a very simple solution

...everyone else start stealing more crap

Old 06-13-2020, 05:10 PM

17,582 posts, read 13,362,412 times
But, I don't think it is racism that some of the products are locked behind glass.

The "multi-cultural" haircare products tend to be quite expensive and small in comparison to the shampoo's that are on the shelf.
[/quote]

Having worked as an Asst Mgr at wallyworld, these are among the most shoplifted items in the store.

That's why they are behind glass.

This is called loss prevention

So glad I'm retired

Old 06-13-2020, 05:36 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Your whole argument falls apart because this isn't being done to burden black people. This isn't racist. This is nothing more than good business, which you clearly have an inability to grasp.

Your solution that all hair products be locked up is as stupid as me suggesting regular toothbrushes should be locked up because those of us who use electric are being discriminated against. It's the argument of a child. I'm embarrassed for you.
I have said in nearly every other response to this topic that its not about INTENT, but rather, EFFECT. When America does not INTEND to do harm to blacks with its policies....but it does harm or burden to blacks....then blacks have little hope for ever reaching equality.

Old 06-13-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I have said in nearly every other response to this topic that its not about INTENT, but rather, EFFECT. When America does not INTEND to do harm to blacks with its policies....but it does harm or burden to blacks....then blacks have little hope for ever reaching equality.
Another flaw. There is NO harm being done to black folks by locking up hair care products that black folks apparently are stealing.

It's a minor inconvenience we all have to put up with in stores - just like I have to be inconvenienced when I buy certain things because white people are stealing them.

This shouldn't be the hill you die on, but when everything is a hill....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies