Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 09:21 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I would argue, given my profession, that I know how masks work considerably better than you do. The cloth masks, which are the majority of the masks you'll see worn, provide almost no viral protection. They can prevent people from touching their mouths and they can reduce the area you contaminate, but that's about it.

We're not talking about a situation where people are walking around with M95 or even legitimate surgical masks.
More misinformation.

and medical professions have said this over and over. The point isn't to filter viruses it is to limit the capability of spread not eliminate it. The same reason you cover your mouth when you sneeze. To limit the distance your snot particles travel.

Nurses and medical staff wear surgical masks (not N95 ones) day to day.. not to protect themselves but to protect their patients.

NYC rate is low today because of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 09:25 AM

8,154 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
So they've gone from 57,744 cases on Memorial day to 85,641 as of yesterday, the case totals were always going to go up, a "spike" would be a situation where the total number of cases doubled in a week or even two weeks.

You'd have to multiply the number of cases in Texas by more than 3 to equal just what the state of NY is currently dealing with now that they are on the downside of their "curve".....that's why Texas was able to re-open and stop hurting their people a bit earlier than in other states.
Comparing NY and TX? Lol. Dallas DART light rail ridership - 30 million/year; NYC subway ridership - ....1.8 BILLION per year. Do I need to continue with population density, etc.?

Yeah, NY has many more active cases currently, and yet TX, as of late, is generating more new cases per day - x2 (7-day moving average). That should not be happening at all.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:30 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
More misinformation.
LOL, if you think what I said was "misinformation" then you either didn't read what I said, or you failed to comprehend what I said. Either way, thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
LOL, if you think what I said was "misinformation" then you either didn't read what I said, or you failed to comprehend what I said. Either way, thanks for the laugh.
I understood your post. It was misinformation.

Old 06-13-2020, 09:49 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I understood your post. It was misinformation.
Gotcha, so it's a reading comprehension problem on your part. Kind of makes the rest of this conversation make more sense.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:23 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Posters like that understand the reason, they just don't care about anyone but themselves.
Bingo. There's too many Covidiots out there continuing to politicize this, feed off their tin foil hat paranoia over "the man" controlling me, and selfish rectums that could care less if someone's kid catches this. The same goes for those idiot protestors that bring their children into harms way. There's too many morons out there and it's an embarrassment. Ignorance isn't bliss and we could have stopped this carnage early on. You want the economy to recover? Stop the virus. We all have the power to do it, yet, belief systems are more important? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:32 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,102 times
The uptick right now is not due to protests, it’s due to the states opening and in large part Memorial Day weekend. In the coming weeks, the increase will be due to protests and states relaxing rules.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Gotcha, so it's a reading comprehension problem on your part. Kind of makes the rest of this conversation make more sense.
Interesting consider the amount of misinformation you are spreading despite ample reading material and data online says other wise.

Pot ... kettle.

PS. the post right above mine.. is correct... despite what you think.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:34 AM

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The uptick right now is not due to protests, it’s due to the states opening and in large part Memorial Day weekend. In the coming weeks, the increase will be due to protests and states relaxing rules.
No. Every COVID19 death from here on out is 100% due to the tantrum-throwing spoiled brat liberals who are protesting, along with anyone who votes Democrat and enables their antics.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No. Every COVID19 death from here on out is 100% due to the tantrum-throwing spoiled brat liberals who are protesting, along with anyone who votes Democrat and enables their antics.
Incorrect. The recent rise in COVID in certain states started before the protests. Stop politicizing this.

With that said, protesting will definitely contribute to further rise.. but it is too early to tell at this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies