Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 01:34 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
They make up the majority of the city as well as elected positions. They are not in the minority in Atlanta. They can make this shooting about race but the demographics of the city’s population and the reports of what took place shows it was not about the color of the skin except to those who are rioting and firing police officers.
Something I learned in 30+ years teaching inner-city black youth is that whoever screams their version of a story the longest and loudest is ultimately viewed as "right". It doesn't even matter if a videotape proves them to be lying, "the crowd" gets to decides the "truth".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 01:34 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFVO2r2tz_Y

Old 06-14-2020, 01:39 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Something I learned in 30+ years teaching inner-city black youth is that whoever screams their version of a story the longest and loudest is ultimately viewed as "right". It doesn't even matter if a videotape proves them to be lying, "the crowd" gets to decides the "truth".
That’s what makes the video so hard to watch. The local idiots start screaming at police as soon as the gun shots go off. They start riling up a mob in no time.

Hello, Wendy’s is the one who called the police. The idiot suspect was passed out blocking the drive through. He literally could’ve just parked in a spot (or moved when first being honked at) and no one would’ve called the cops.

The cops don’t want to be in those war zone neighborhoods anymore than they have to.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:39 PM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
Nothing but Animals. That's what these So called Humans are - ANIMALS. Oh look, lets destroy another business, Because, it will do what???? Dumba$$'s...

Old 06-14-2020, 01:41 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I don't understand what relation the Wendys had to the suspect that it was torched?

Did the employees at Wendy's call the cops on the drunk guy?

I guess in today's mob mentality rules society that is all it takes for your business or life to be upended and destroyed.

Note to self, if I'm ever in a situation where a black man is being a criminal or even a victim I am not to intervene or call the Police for help because the mob might just come for me. What a sad world we are heading towards....

Old 06-14-2020, 01:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Also because the media knows white people dont react to it, because much of them defend the police, even if the shooting wasnt justified. Look at Daniel Shaver.
I wish white people would say something more, because as much as theres a racial issue, theres still a police excessive force issue for everyone.
I guess some people (not you M) just would rather give police the leeway to kill, because they think police wont protect them if they dont.

Amen, Harry! I wish we'd all say more, as well. I don't understand why we white people are so damn apathetic about everything - although my town and every town around me went out to protest the George Floyd incident, so maybe there is hope.

And as you point out, some folks will side with the cops every time regardless of the situation.

One thing I do think is important to remember is that you and other black folks have had a lifetime of this, Harry. We only really 'got it' once we saw it on video for ourselves. Prior to that we believed what the narrative was back then - that whomever was shot, white or black, simply hadn't complied. This is all relatively new to those of us who are white. Thank God for cell phone cameras!

Old 06-14-2020, 01:45 PM

207 posts, read 113,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I'm not-- I am reporting...

8 in 10 Milwaukee police stop-and-frisk incidents lack documented justification, report on ACLU lawsuit sayhttps://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/02/19/80-milwaukee-police-frisk-incidents-unjustified-report-says/4806860002/

Data Reveals Driving as a Person of Color in Illinois Leads to More Unjustified Searches
https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-l...ois-leads-more

We find prima facie evidence that African Americans and Hispanics are over-stopped, overfrisked, over-searched, and over-arrested.
https://www.aclusocal.org/sites/defa...eport-ACLU.pdf

want more??

And here's the reason why

In 2013, African Americans accounted for 52.2% of all murder arrests, with Whites 45.3% and Asians/indigenous Americans 2.5%. Of the above, 21.7% were Hispanic

Of the 9,468 murder arrests in the US in 2017, 53.5% were black and 20.8% Hispanic. Of the 822,671 arrests for non-aggravated assault, 31.4% were black and 18.4% Hispanic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a..._United_States

Not that difficult to understand. Commit more crime you're going to have more police interaction. Notice how Asians are rarely stopped or arrested. Must be Asian privilege, on no wait they commit less crime than whites therefore less police interaction.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Yes that is a calculated risk you take when you fight with police who are making a lawful arrest and take possession of a weapon and run

I believe police should have this right, and in this case that right was used correctly.

But keep depending for the violent criminal.
You know Harry didn't say any of the things you're accusing him of saying, right?

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And, in the meantime, more blacks were shot and killed by other blacks, but zero riots on those shootings. Selective outrage ?
It doesn't make for good tv, ratings.. No one cares about those killings. And, it doesn't involve White Cops..

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
I started to listen to the family's attorney until nausea started to kick in and I had to mute the TV. The guy was asking why didn't the police just TALK to the guy? Why not just approach him politely and question him, instead of going straight for the kill? What the asinine attorney seems to have forgotten is that the cops DID approach him, and DID talk to him politely, until he wigged out, went into an out-of-control fight, and stole the officer's laser with an attempt to incapacitate him, and then....who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies