Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 12:18 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Had he been a poor white man in WV - we'd all be talking about how he needs rehab to get off his dependence on drugs instead of killing him and claiming it was justified.

Let's face it.
Speak for yourself

If he was white and the situation played out exactly the same way, to the MSM it would have been just a blip on the radar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 12:19 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
If I was so drunk or high that I fell asleep in a drive thru waiting for food (not to mention driving intoxicated), I would expect the police to treat me like a criminal. The thought of physically fighting with an officer would not even come to my mind (then again, I was taught to respect the badge). The act of pulling a weapon off an officers belt and using it on him with intentions to harm or kill is something no one but a hardened criminal would even think of, yet this man did just that.

And we have people questioning whether this was justified? If this was a white man, or any other race but black for that matter, the Wendy's would still be serving delicious burgers right now and another 20 people would still have jobs. But, you know, the economy sucks right now because of Trump.....

Old 06-14-2020, 12:19 PM

13,773 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It won’t even get to a jury or grand jury.

No district attorney is dumb enough to prosecute or indict these cops.

The body cam footage is 90 minutes long on youtube, cops did nothing wrong.

Right but without the body cam that officer would have been completely hung out to dry. There would have been a huge outcry that a Black man was killed for sleeping in his car.

The MSM and Left would have demanded the officer in question be immediately brought up on charges.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:20 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
Watch the video. The suspect turns his back and fires the taser gun at the officer, he was clearly a threat to the officer that fired his gun in self-defense. Are you refusing to objectively watch the video?

It kind of amazes me (and saddens me) to the extent to which some people will go to justify the criminal behavior of other people. I don't understand why people make excuses for assaulting police officers, stealing a cop's service weapon, and then firing that weapon at an officer. Far too many people in this nation obviously were not raised right by their parents and have some serious moral contradictions in their arguments or refuse to objectively look at a situation.
Except that is not what happened. He grabbed the taser (not the gun), fired from a distance and missed apparently, turned and started to run away. At that point, where the perp had already fired the taser and was running away, the cop draws his weapon and shoots fleeing suspect in the back. Other than the taser, the cops knew he was unarmed because they had already searched him. Cop lost his temper and self control.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:24 PM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h30MJIdRMeg

He assaulted the cops.

Stole their taser.

Fled.

Fired the taser at the cops.

If the goal is community safety, you don't let a drunk guy with a weapon who's just committed assault, flee.

The fault is 100% on Brooks and the police were correct.
Yep, agreed. Remember how the cops let Jeffery Dahmer go when his victim was found walking around the neighborhood half naked and disoriented? Even helped Dahmer get the poor man back to his apartment. Because of incidents like that, cops now are hesitant to just let people go now if they are breaking the law and are becoming a danger to themselves and others. What would have happened if he was really dangerous and climbed into somebody's window to rape them or something? Cops don't know what their intentions are. Sadly, this is another case of play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:25 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If I'm being the most generous to those protesting, once the man fired the taser and missed, he was unarmed. So technically he was shot while unarmed and fleeing.

That said, when you get shot at, it's only natural to return fire.

Uh, technically he would not have been shot if he just cooperated. You know 'technically' speaking of course.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:26 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,102 times
There is no excuse for him getting shot. They had his id and vehicle. Put out a warrant and keep it moving. They were mad he got the best of them and he paid the ultimate price. A taser is not lethal weapon. I’ve seen countless videos of white subjects fighting with cops, yet they manage to take them alive.

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Right but without the body cam that officer would have been completely hung out to dry. There would have been a huge outcry that a Black man was killed for sleeping in his car.

The MSM and Left would have demanded the officer in question be immediately brought up on charges.
He'll still be hung out to dry. The media isn't going to change their narrative just like people here aren't willing to change theirs.

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Talked to my cousin's son a police officer - they arrested him because he was a drunk driver. They no longer call cabs or family to come pick them up like the old days as you know they aren't functioning to full capacity and if released and then something happens to them - they can come back to the police and say this wouldn't have happened if you had locked him up.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
There is no excuse for him getting shot. They had his id and vehicle. Put out a warrant and keep it moving. They were mad he got the best of them and he paid the ultimate price. A taser is not lethal weapon. I’ve seen countless videos of white subjects fighting with cops, yet they manage to take them alive.
You know why you haven't seen plenty of video where cops kill white men? Because the media doesn't cover those stories - it doesn't fit the narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies