Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 11:07 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You don't have to take my words for it.

You should go to the most liberal & anti-LEO city, fight one of the cops, disarm him of his taser, run away, and shoot him with his own taser. Make sure you do this at night time for better result.

Let's see what happens. Remember to write something in your obituary.
Most LEOS follow the codes, this one is yours,,, what happened or happens- It does not make it RIGHT! the reason there are protest, and I pray other FEDs don't have the same mentality as this cop.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/8/287.8
(2) Deadly force.

(i) Deadly force is any use of force that is likely to cause death or serious physical injury.

(ii) Deadly force may be used only when a designated immigration officer, as listed in paragraph (a)(2)(iii) of this section, has reasonable grounds to believe that such force is necessary to protect the designated immigration officer or other persons from the imminent danger of death or serious physical injury.
The use of force continuum is base on Graham vs Connor case law. The objective reasonableness is base on perspective of a reasonable officer at the scene, not 20/20 hindsight vision from a Facebook/online critic behind the safety of their own home

Brooks had the INTENT to inflict violence on the cops when he fought them and disarmed their taser.

He had the CAPABILITY to inflict harm (ie young strong male with a taser)

The totality of circumstances were it was dark at night time with limited visibility and Brooks was place under legal detention for suspicion of DUI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 11:08 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nope it isn't based on the color of his skin -- white or black --- a drunk guy who is scared of the police doesn't need to be shot to keep the community safe.
So, you say let the drunk guy running around with a cop's weapon should be allowed to continue to roam the streets then? That's brilliant.

I get that most of this kind of "Monday morning quarterbacking" is done by those who have never been in that kind of situation and would never be trusted to be in that kind of situation, so I try not to be too harsh with you guys, but c'mon. The same people who say BS like this are the EXACT kinds of people who would be quick to pull the trigger if they were in any kind of situation like that. We have studies to prove it.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:11 AM

13,767 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
Is it out now. I haven't been reading the news.

I found it 44 minutes.

Again -- I stand by my immediate reaction -- in this climate, this guy wasn't a harm to anybody...when he started running for a DUI....you let him go. You have his car (they must have had his license too -- it's the first thing they ask for right?) That's all they needed to be able to charge him, impound his car.

It was not worth shooting him in the back for.

It was wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong....the guy was drunk.

He was not a harm to the community unless he was driving.

And they had his car....let him run.

IF the goal is community safety -- not showing power....let him go.

For the record I don't think he was shot because he was black......BUT it does seem more and more minorities, lower income folks are the victims of police aggressive reaction to petty crimes.

It is an issue.

No you don't.

The public is tired of drunk drivers and want them off the road. Period.

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Has it been determined if the suspect actually deployed the taser? It does appear that on the video he pointed it back towards the pursuing officer. I'm curious too if there is any kind of manual safety device on these tasers, some button or lever that has to be activated for the taser to discharge such as is found on some firearms. Seems to me it would be a good idea to equip these tasers with some type of safety device that would unlikely to be known to civilians in case they got a hold of an officers taser.

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Who believes that when the riots end and police forces have been decimated, that crime rates will drop?

No one believes it, that's who! Crime rates are going to skyrocket and black people will be most of the victims.

Who will be blamed when crime escalates? White people, of course!

When crime victims clamor for justice, what will be the only acceptable solution? More police.

And thus, the cycle will begin again.

America will never "solve" the problems of the small percentage of people still stuck in the ghettos. Many are completely unwilling to change their self-destructive ways and, in fact, enthusiastically embrace the thug lifestyle.

For law-abiding people, what solution do we have to avoid being victimized? Move away from "them". That is exactly what I did and it is a decision for which I am thankful every day.

Get ready for the next wave of white flight.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:14 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Which is why he was being arrested.

The public is tired of drunk drivers and want them off the road.
The poster you responded to actually thinks that a guy who beat up one cop and stole a taser from another cop, after being busted for drunk driving, ought to be let go, because he’ll show up to get his car and pay a fine ... eventually. I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE THINK THIS WAY.

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Your opinion is not the law. A taser is not considered lethal force and its use does not justify the use of lethal force.
Please do your research - you are totally wrong and this has been discussed as far back as 2013

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...flna8C11077668

https://www.popsci.com/tasers-may-be...ys-new-report/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aw-enforcement

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Has it been determined if the suspect actually deployed the taser? It does appear that on the video he pointed it back towards the pursuing officer. I'm curious too if there is any kind of manual safety device on these tasers, some button or lever that has to be activated for the taser to discharge such as is found on some firearms. Seems to me it would be a good idea to equip these tasers with some type of safety device that would unlikely to be known to civilians in case they got a hold of an officers taser.
X26 taser has a thumb manual safety. The little light activates when you turn off safety

Old 06-14-2020, 11:15 AM

13,767 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/06...n-black-lives/
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...the-facts.html

https://wgntv.com/news/after-violent...all-to-action/

Just a 30 second google......

Is it enough -- not it isn't and it would be good of local communities protested like this for those crimes.

But it is a thing.

Right. It's a "thing" but not national news. Because the MSM and the Left doesn't give a **** that much about Black on Black crime/or police shootings where the officers involved is Black.

What they care about is this is a very important election year and they desperately need a large Black vote turnout.

Last edited by john3232; 06-14-2020 at 11:34 AM..

Old 06-14-2020, 11:16 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,866,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
When the government gets fed up (and it will happen) a lot of people are going to die I’m afraid.
Especially since they will all still vote for Biden despite being deceased
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies