Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 12:28 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
A taser is not lethal weapon.
(patiently)

People have been killed by tasers. The shooting here was fully justified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 12:29 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
There is no excuse for him getting shot. They had his id and vehicle. Put out a warrant and keep it moving. They were mad he got the best of them and he paid the ultimate price. A taser is not lethal weapon. I’ve seen countless videos of white subjects fighting with cops, yet they manage to take them alive.
You obviously have not read any of the other posts about the fact that a taser is considered a less lethal weapon but a weapon never the less. People have died from being tasered.

Maybe we should let you go one on one with someone comparable with his size - maybe drunk or high and see how well you do in the situation.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:34 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Do you not see white people protesting--- its about the excessive force dear- black men get pulled over for NO reason- racial profiling- and all people get shot.

American police shoot, kill and imprison more people than other developed countries. Here's the data
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/us...ntl/index.html
So...you think white people never get pulled over for "no reason". If so, you are very wrong and misinformed.

It happened to my husband and me some years back. We had friends from out of town visiting us and we all decided to go out to dinner. So, along with our then 2 year old daughter, we all got into the car, strapped our daughter into her car seat and off we went. At the time our car was a beat up old one.

On the way back after dinner, we had to make a right turn where there was a turn lane and a "yield" sign. There were no cars coming at the time, so my husband merged onto the road. The next thing we knew, there was a very bright light shining on our car. Then we saw the blue lights flashing. My husband pulled over. We couldn't imagine why this was happening.

The cop approached our car and shined his flashlight on us all. My husband handed over his license and car registration. The cop then said we didn't stop at the yield sign and that since we lived nearby, we should have known there was a yield sign. However, the law says if no traffic is coming, no need to stop. We didn't argue with the cop and he said he was "going to let us go this time".

All I could think of was the cop was on patrol, saw our old beat up car and noticed that there were 4 people in it (couldn't see the car seat). He probably figured it was a car full of teenagers out on a school night looking for trouble, so he stopped us. Once he saw us, he realized he was wrong so he had to make up an excuse for having stopped us.

Stop making generalizations.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:40 PM

13,774 posts, read 8,019,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
He'll still be hung out to dry. The media isn't going to change their narrative just like people here aren't willing to change theirs.

The MSM won't change the narrative (Black man shot while sleeping in Wendy's parking lot) but they will downplay their reporting.

Because the more they report on the shooting the more the video of the struggle will be seen.

And viewers are likely going to think..."Hey, wait a minute..."

Old 06-14-2020, 12:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The MSM won't change the narrative (Black man shot while sleeping in Wendy's parking lot) but they will downplay their reporting.

Because the more they report on the shooting the more the video of the struggle will be seen.

And viewers are likely going to say to themselves..."Hey wait a minute..."
John, you give viewers far more credit than I do...lol. I guess we'll see how quickly this dies down.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:45 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,139,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You know why you haven't seen plenty of video where cops kill white men? Because the media doesn't cover those stories - it doesn't fit the narrative.
Also because the media knows white people dont react to it, because much of them defend the police, even if the shooting wasnt justified. Look at Daniel Shaver.
I wish white people would say something more, because as much as theres a racial issue, theres still a police excessive force issue for everyone.
I guess some people (not you M) just would rather give police the leeway to kill, because they think police wont protect them if they dont.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:49 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,139,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If I was so drunk or high that I fell asleep in a drive thru waiting for food (not to mention driving intoxicated), I would expect the police to treat me like a criminal. .
What do you define as how police should treat you like a criminal? What would be their actions?

Old 06-14-2020, 12:49 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...you think white people never get pulled over for "no reason". If so, you are very wrong and misinformed.

It happened to my husband and me some years back. We had friends from out of town visiting us and we all decided to go out to dinner. So, along with our then 2 year old daughter, we all got into the car, strapped our daughter into her car seat and off we went. At the time our car was a beat up old one.

On the way back after dinner, we had to make a right turn where there was a turn lane and a "yield" sign. There were no cars coming at the time, so my husband merged onto the road. The next thing we knew, there was a very bright light shining on our car. Then we saw the blue lights flashing. My husband pulled over. We couldn't imagine why this was happening.

The cop approached our car and shined his flashlight on us all. My husband handed over his license and car registration. The cop then said we didn't stop at the yield sign and that since we lived nearby, we should have known there was a yield sign. However, the law says if no traffic is coming, no need to stop. We didn't argue with the cop and he said he was "going to let us go this time".

All I could think of was the cop was on patrol, saw our old beat up car and noticed that there were 4 people in it (couldn't see the car seat). He probably figured it was a car full of teenagers out on a school night looking for trouble, so he stopped us. Once he saw us, he realized he was wrong so he had to make up an excuse for having stopped us.

Stop making generalizations.
I'm not-- I am reporting...

8 in 10 Milwaukee police stop-and-frisk incidents lack documented justification, report on ACLU lawsuit sayhttps://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/02/19/80-milwaukee-police-frisk-incidents-unjustified-report-says/4806860002/

Data Reveals Driving as a Person of Color in Illinois Leads to More Unjustified Searches
https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-l...ois-leads-more

We find prima facie evidence that African Americans and Hispanics are over-stopped, overfrisked, over-searched, and over-arrested.
https://www.aclusocal.org/sites/defa...eport-ACLU.pdf

want more??

Old 06-14-2020, 12:51 PM

2,002 posts, read 762,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Also because the media knows white people dont react to it, because much of them defend the police, even if the shooting wasnt justified. Look at Daniel Shaver.
I wish white people would say something more, because as much as theres a racial issue, theres still a police excessive force issue for everyone.
I guess some people (not you M) just would rather give police the leeway to kill, because they think police wont protect them if they dont.
Yes that is a calculated risk you take when you fight with police who are making a lawful arrest and take possession of a weapon and run

I believe police should have this right, and in this case that right was used correctly.

But keep depending for the violent criminal.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:53 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Uh, technically he would not have been shot if he just cooperated. You know 'technically' speaking of course.
I don't disagree, I was more playing devil's advocate trying to make the best argument possible for the rioting types.

This is pretty obviously a justifiable shooting and the rioting types only further harm their credibility trying to pretend otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies