Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 01:48 PM

8,956 posts, read 2,554,167 times

Advertisements

Looking at it from the eyes of a racist, which is what the BLM types are, you have a white shooter and a dead black man. The facts don't matter to them any more than they would have meant to KKK types 100 years ago in the deep south when you had a dead white man at the hands of a black man.

Essentially that's what we're dealing with these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 01:49 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,408,468 times
I agree, my first thoughts were they should not have shot him since there was tow of them, but with the video and other evidence, I think the shooting was justified, especially in light they had a few seconds to make such decisions versus everyone else that has the luxury of sitting on their sofas and coming to conclusions.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How did I sympathize and enable their violence? I was simply saying "it is what it is". I'm trying to explain how persons in that kind of subculture/environment think and do things. I never said it was right. I was being very matter of fact with that I was saying. One of the reasons I don't live in environments like that. I'd get killed.
Just keep copying and pasting the following:

Explaining something is not excusing or justifying it.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:53 PM

8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So in the first place if they said to the guy. Let's drive you home, leave your keys here. Would he be dead?

That's the way they use to do it.
50 years ago yes. Now you have all kind of lawsuits. If the guy didn`t drive drunk.....no he would not be dead. He most likely came close to killing someone else though.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:57 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,017,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I'm fine with them taking their time, my problem is the two of them failing to restrain a drunk guy and allowing him to take their weapon from them. If the guy who got fired was the guy that allowed himself to be disarmed by a drunk then it was well deserved.
Something tells me that the autopsy will show there was something else in his system beside alcohol. There almost always is. Floyd had meth and fentanyl in his system but that was swept under the rug considering the way the police handled the situation. Dude said he had 1 1/2 daiquiris, then it was margaritas. He was lying through his teeth from minute one. Of course, even if it was discovered he was high on crack or PCP, the mob will still attack and the left will not care.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:59 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Now we got "protestors" burning down Wendys in Atlanta and preventing Firetrucks from entering

There will always be criminals using legitimate protests as cover. I don't approve of them and I don't know anyone who does.

Old 06-14-2020, 02:01 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Now we got "protestors" burning down Wendys in Atlanta and preventing Firetrucks from entering

There will always be criminals using legitimate protests as cover. I don't approve of them and I don't know anyone who does.
Libs Response to the rioters “hey cut it out, by the way, we need to abolish the police”

Old 06-14-2020, 02:01 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,017,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So in the first place if they said to the guy. Let's drive you home, leave your keys here. Would he be dead?

That's the way they use to do it.
The guy had no clue what city he was even in. He was very high or intoxicated. Had he been struck by a vehicle while he was wandering wherever he wanted to wander to, then the PD would be sued for allowing an inebriated person to fend for himself in an altered state. Not to mention, the charge would then be public intoxication, which likely would have resulted the same way when they tried to restrain him. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Old 06-14-2020, 02:05 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I'm not-- I am reporting...

8 in 10 Milwaukee police stop-and-frisk incidents lack documented justification, report on ACLU lawsuit sayhttps://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/02/19/80-milwaukee-police-frisk-incidents-unjustified-report-says/4806860002/

Data Reveals Driving as a Person of Color in Illinois Leads to More Unjustified Searches
https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-l...ois-leads-more

We find prima facie evidence that African Americans and Hispanics are over-stopped, overfrisked, over-searched, and over-arrested.
https://www.aclusocal.org/sites/defa...eport-ACLU.pdf

want more??
On those rare occasions, my Hispanic father got pulled over, he didn't complain about it. Nor did he argue with the cops.

Once he was pulled over for speeding on the freeway. When the cop approached the car, he asked my father if he knew why he got stopped. My father acknowledged that he had, indeed, been speeding. He was given a ticket and was on his way. He didn't whine about it. Nor did he say that others were speeding and that he was singled out for being Hispanic.

As for "unjustified" searches, they happen to all groups.

What do you want police to do? Never stop any POC even if they are blatantly breaking the law?

Old 06-14-2020, 02:05 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,918,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I agree, my first thoughts were they should not have shot him since there was tow of them, but with the video and other evidence, I think the shooting was justified, especially in light they had a few seconds to make such decisions versus everyone else that has the luxury of sitting on their sofas and coming to conclusions.
true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies