Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 12:56 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,793,147 times

Advertisements

I'm waiting for the looters to break into the electronics store....."3..2..1...smash!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 01:02 PM

11,318 posts, read 11,082,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h30MJIdRMeg

He assaulted the cops.

Stole their taser.

Fled.

Fired the taser at the cops.

If the goal is community safety, you don't let a drunk guy with a weapon who's just committed assault, flee.

The fault is 100% on Brooks and the police were correct.
The only fault of the 2 officers here was that they wasted 20 minutes worth of tax payer money playing footsie with this idiot before attempting to arrest him.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
What do you define as how police should treat you like a criminal? What would be their actions?
To question me with suspicious intent.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:07 PM

24,763 posts, read 9,559,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The only fault of the 2 officers here was that they wasted 20 minutes worth of tax payer money playing footsie with this idiot before attempting to arrest him.
*30 minutes

They were mostly gathering evidence. But yeah, they should’ve went straight to the breathalyzer and stun gun.

But ofcourse they didn’t know he was going to have hulk strength and become a nutjob once they put the handcuffs on him.

It’s funny how the perp thinks he was going to talk his way out of it. They have him ON CAMERA passed out in a drive through.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:13 PM

35,780 posts, read 21,156,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Yes that is a calculated risk you take when you fight with police who are making a lawful arrest and take possession of a weapon and run

I believe police should have this right, and in this case that right was used correctly.

But keep depending for the violent criminal.
I don't know - but they way it is now, being approached by police is NOT safe. Who ever wrote he tasered one of the officers is lying on the forum...

From the body cam:

The body camera clips show the first part of the encounter. Brosnan, an officer who joined the police department in 2018, is the first law enforcement official on the scene. His body camera shows him going up to Brooks’s car and banging on the window until Brooks wakes up and opens the door. Brooks tells Brosnan he doesn’t need medical attention, and is just tired — Brosnan tells him to park and take a nap.

Brosnan returns to his squad car, saying, “I don’t want to deal with this dude right now.” When he returns, Brooks tells the officer he is in the area visiting his mother’s grave and also marking a series of birthdays, including his own and his girlfriend’s. Throughout the encounter, he appears slightly disoriented, unsure of exactly where he is. When Rolfe arrives and takes over the interview, Brooks said, “Mr. Rolfe, I couldn’t focus,” after telling the officer that he’s not feeling well and suggesting he rest more in his car.

Brooks takes a field sobriety test. Rolfe then tries to get Brooks to agree to a breathalyzer test, as Brooks repeatedly offers to leave his car parked and walk to his sister’s home, which he says is nearby. After a few minutes of discussion, Brooks agrees to the test, saying, “I don’t want to refuse anything.”

After looking at the test results, Rolfe says, “I think you’ve had too much to drink to be driving,” and tells Brooks to put his hands behind his back. Brooks begins to do so, then leans forward — Rolfe and Brosnan grab his arms, and he begins to twist away from them.

Rolfe appears to discharge his Taser; it is not clear whether Brooks fires the one he has obtained. Brooks then turns and runs.

Brooks’s killing is the 48th officer-involved shooting that the GBI has been called upon to investigate so far this year.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/13/212903...g-wendys-video

Old 06-14-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
*30 minutes.
I was allotting them 10 minutes to do what they took 30 to do. Guy clearly was out of it. This was a slam dunk from the 3rd minute of talking to him.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:17 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,858,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is what I've done. I don't go to those neighborhoods that are bad places to live. I make sure not to live there. I never really lived in the ghetto to begin with.

Stop and Frisk isn't as effective as you like to think. Crime in New York City was dropping before Stop and Frisk was implemented. As the economy improved, more people had work, and alot of quality of life crimes were being punished as well (getting high in public, graffiti, ticket jumpers). Gentrification also pushed alot of crime into New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania. Stop and Frisk merely violated the 4th Amendment (unreasonable search and seizure). Most of the Blacks and Latinos stopped and search were not found to be breaking any laws.

By the way, I won't be calling for stop and frisk. I'd rather be dead than live in a police state. Live Free or Die, it isn't just New Hampshire's state motto. It's my motto too.

By the way, you do know that my post was directed at talking about a certain subculture within the Black population. 13% of the population? More like a fraction of 13%, barely 1%. This is my opinion. I think you're just here to complain about Blacks as a whole and to make a justification for "Blacks need to be subjected to a police state that targets mainly them".

Putting the highlighted phrase in quotation marks implies that I, first, made this statement and you are replying to it.

NOT TRUE!. I did NOT make this statement, YOU did.

Please do not attempt to put your words in my mouth.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:21 PM

17,663 posts, read 17,810,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
And....
They make up the majority of the city as well as elected positions. They are not in the minority in Atlanta. They can make this shooting about race but the demographics of the city’s population and the reports of what took place shows it was not about the color of the skin except to those who are rioting and firing police officers.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:26 PM

Who the hell would want to be a peace officer in a large city in today's America?

What a thankless job. Every officer should start looking for other employment opportunities. If the left has it their way, law enforcement will be an extinct profession soon anyway.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:33 PM

8,964 posts, read 2,573,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I was allotting them 10 minutes to do what they took 30 to do. Guy clearly was out of it. This was a slam dunk from the 3rd minute of talking to him.
I'm fine with them taking their time, my problem is the two of them failing to restrain a drunk guy and allowing him to take their weapon from them. If the guy who got fired was the guy that allowed himself to be disarmed by a drunk then it was well deserved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies