Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 06:31 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Don't wear yourself out knocking down that straw man, OK?
Don't post utter ridiculous nonsense, OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 06:33 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/ashevi...lack-citizens/

I just dont understand...how many people today are slaves? My father was first American born in my family, we had no,slaves. So are we responsible for something that happened so long ago? So do you believe in reparations?
Asheville has been infested with liberal yankees. It is weird that there are some areas of the south where there are no longer southern accents.

I feel like a foreigner in Asheville. Good thing the surrounding area of Mt. Mitchell, Grandfather Mt., and Linville Gorge has not been infested. Boone, unfortunately, has been occupied by the loonies. They ought to dynamite Sam's Gap and isolate the loons. The yankees would have to figure out another way to get there from the north.

Old 07-16-2020, 06:34 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Bingo.

Jim Crow. Redlining. These things didn't only apply to ADOS - they applied to every person with black skin.
Jim Crow was created by Democrats, just like slavery and the KKK

Why should republican constituents be punished for that?

Quote:
Jim Crow laws were state and local laws that enforced racial segregation in the Southern United States. These laws were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Democratic-dominated state legislatures to disenfranchise and remove political and economic gains made by Black people during the Reconstruction period.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws

Old 07-16-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
You should definitely move out of Asheville, then.

So I am not allowed to comment on a policy that exists outside of where I live? More censorship. don''t want to hear opposing logical thought, huh? Do you live in Asheville? So when I visit Asheville and have to pay higher prices for goods and services because their taxes go up, that's OK too, right? Look up the words dishonest and hypocrite in the dictionary.

Businesses pass ALL taxes onto consumers and don't ask where you live when they are charging you more for stuff. You don't know much about business and economics do you?

Old 07-16-2020, 06:41 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Don't post utter ridiculous nonsense, OK?
I'll post as I see fit, thanks.

You might want to brush up on your reading comprehension if that's what you actually discerned from my post.

Old 07-16-2020, 06:55 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:

The last thing NC needs or wants is yet another New Yawker. Stay put. All you'll do is complain about how you can't get good pizza or a decent bagel, anyway.

This is correct, the last thing anything either of the Carolinas need is another transplant from the North. Yet they keep coming, just like they have been for several decades now.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:14 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,977 times
The High Country thanks to CoVid19 is being swarmed by flatlanders and folks from Fla. escaping the cities and States with mega cases of the cvirus. Real estate folks are buried with lookers... to be fair they wouldn't buy if the locals didn't sell... rents/real estate going up and up...soon locals won't be able to rent, buy a starter home or afford taxes...this has been ongoing for years and there are those who want to change all the mtn counties from below Asheville to Alleghany Co. into one big resort community...and they are. Sad...

Old 07-16-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
I'll post as I see fit, thanks.

You might want to brush up on your reading comprehension if that's what you actually discerned from my post.
Stop trying to censor thought you don't like. Pot calling kettle, or should I ask if Polly wants a cracker because you constantly parrot Media presented lies and falsehoods as fact. Get educated. Like another posters said to you, go to the BLM website and see their true agenda, not what CNN and NBC tells you to think.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:19 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
One town that trying to level the playing field by "increasing minority homeownership and access to other affordable housing, increasing minority business ownership and career opportunities, strategies to grow equity and generational wealth, closing the gaps in health care, education, employment and pay, neighborhood safety and fairness within criminal justice" is not exactly repatriations and it is certainly not the State of NC which you are trying desperately to depict. Though it would not hurt if the entire state did something similar.

Old 07-16-2020, 07:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Stop trying to censor thought you don't like. Pot calling kettle, or should I ask if Polly wants a cracker because you constantly parrot Media presented lies and falsehoods as fact. Get educated. Like another posters said to you, go to the BLM website and see their true agenda, not what CNN and NBC tells you to think.
Straw. Man.

I'm not "trying to censor" anything, bless your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies