Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2020, 10:29 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Paid for by the Republic of (Red) China; they approve this message ....
The use of the word 'red' says all about your mindset

Old 07-30-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
CCP trained militias disguising as fishing boats intimate others and destroy marine life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rpunKAuB8g
Sorry, I don't buy into that. TFIglobal has odd videos, full of wild accusations and claims, and anti-Chinese content.

The colorful boats at 0:26 were photographed in some river, not on the ocean. You can tell from the water.
On another photo one can see a Liberian flag on one of the ships.

They quote The Diplomat for instance, which is funded by anti-Chinese organizations like the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), which in turn is very close to the military industrial complex.

Now, does China do illegal fishing? I think so, I know from cases off West Africa. Other countries also engage in illegal fishing. With the Chinese the problem is automatically bigger because they have so many mouths to feed. At the same time the West called the 1-child policy a violation of human rights

Japan engages in illegal whaling, using tricks such as the research claim to get away with it.
Here in Portugal people also eat way too much fish, which has to come from somewhere. Our oceans are totally overfished and at the same time turned into giant trashcans. And we are all to blame.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:04 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Paid for by the Republic of (Red) China; they approve this message ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The use of the word 'red' says all about your mindset
People need to grow up; stop trying to turn something into something it isn't ... Red China
Did you know there's Red Russia too? I bet they don't teach that in high school world history any more ... got to dumb you all down, so you can make chit up.

Did you know the main industry out of China, for a long time, was selling babies? Population control government a couple was only allowed, one child. Tell me that is a country that's inspiring in how it treats its people and I'll tell you, you're full of baloney and it will also tell me all I need to know about you and your mindset.

However, you won't know the main industry for the government of China was selling babies, anymore than you'll know that the main industry for the u.s. was cotton ... these are things no one talks about, therefore history, will not be learned, because the governments do not want you to know, which side your bread got buttered on.

It's a face --- put it on and wear it like its real.

Old 07-30-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
People need to grow up; stop trying to turn something into something it isn't ... Red China
Did you know there's Red Russia too? I bet they don't teach that in high school world history any more ... got to dumb you all down, so you can make chit up.

Did you know the main industry out of China, for a long time, was selling babies? Population control government a couple was only allowed, one child. Tell me that is a country that's inspiring in how it treats its people and I'll tell you, you're full of baloney and it will also tell me all I need to know about you and your mindset.

However, you won't know the main industry for the government of China was selling babies, anymore than you'll know that the main industry for the u.s. was cotton ... these are things no one talks about, therefore history, will not be learned, because the governments do not want you to know, which side your bread got buttered on.

It's a face --- put it on and wear it like its real.
I remember the time well. Red stood for communism, red socks, bla bla bla. But that is just a word, today's China is not communist. Not that I had a problem with it if it were. It's none of my business what other countries do...

There were definitely illegal things happening while the 1-child policy was in place. Some baby girls were drowned in wells, not unlike what is still going on in parts of rural India, where poor parents occasionally kill their babies. Other parents sell their babies.
https://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/...he-world-54803
But since India is not communist, there is nothing to bash and talk about. It is a democracy, thus India's horrible sins are ignored.

Poverty brings about some nasty behavior in humans.

Your claim is silly though. It was just a tiny "business", not the main industry out of China.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:35 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
I know, being against China is the standard these days. But not in my case. The more I investigate and read about the accusations against China, the more I notice that 95% of it is just one big staged smear campaign.

It doesn't matter who gets elected in November, Biden is a criminal just like Trump.

I am convinced that, while not perfect of course, China is actually a much more decent, benevolent country than the US. And most of what China does is merely to defend itself.
We are all entitled to our opinions, but I believe you are forgetting many facts that have occurred over the decades.

People point to Tiananmen Square as a low point, but in reality they have been abusing their people for as long as the communist gained control.

Heck I remember when I was in DC back in 2007 or so, and there were at least 20 yellow people holding up signs saying the Chinese government was taking the organs of political prisoners.
They had such graphic pictures, I stopped to ask where they had acquired them.
One person said a prison medical staff member took and smuggled those pictures out, at great risk not only to himself, but also his family.
Apparently the ChiComs will use Mafia tactics to target informers families, if they cannot get to them directly.

It is little wonder then that most people on CD will be puzzled about how ALL the various things the Chinese government does, is blissfully ignored by persons such as yourself.

`

Old 07-30-2020, 06:43 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
We are all entitled to our opinions, but I believe you are forgetting many facts that have occurred over the decades.

People point to Tiananmen Square as a low point, but in reality they have been abusing their people for as long as the communist gained control.

Heck I remember when I was in DC back in 2007 or so, and there were at least 20 yellow people holding up signs saying the Chinese government was taking the organs of political prisoners.
They had such graphic pictures, I stopped to ask where they had acquired them.
One person said a prison medical staff member took and smuggled those pictures out, at great risk not only to himself, but also his family.
Apparently the ChiComs will use Mafia tactics to target informers families, if they cannot get to them directly.

It is little wonder then that most people on CD will be puzzled about how ALL the various things the Chinese government does, is blissfully ignored by persons such as yourself.

`
All organ harvesting claims were started by falun gong cult members. I will start a new thread about them.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:04 PM

364 posts, read 121,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Nothing POTUS and his weakening, fractured America can do to prevent strengthening China from rising to the top as the most powerful country in the world.

Do you mean "weakening America" because the left are a bunch of petulant children who tear everything to the ground when they don't get their way? Or, that they somehow believe their politicians and media that they truly care about the citizens? I mean, just ask the leader of the left, Martini Pelosi and the bang up job she is doing in her district.

BTW, how did she get so wealthy on a $170k salary? I make quite a bit more than that and don't have an iota of her wealth.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:05 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Japan pays their companies to move out of China. Japan must be racist and anti-Chinese. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF9kfOxBecc

Last edited by davidt1; 07-30-2020 at 07:13 PM..

Old 08-01-2020, 02:15 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Japan pays their companies to move out of China. Japan must be racist and anti-Chinese. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF9kfOxBecc
And as they said in some infomercials: wait, that's not all. China might face a food crisis and they buyed lots of soybeans from Brazil. https://www.forbes.com/sites/salgilb.../#ae5231c1bcbd
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN24R07Q

Old 08-03-2020, 12:55 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
I remember the time well. Red stood for communism, red socks, bla bla bla. But that is just a word, today's China is not communist. Not that I had a problem with it if it were. It's none of my business what other countries do...

There were definitely illegal things happening while the 1-child policy was in place. Some baby girls were drowned in wells, not unlike what is still going on in parts of rural India, where poor parents occasionally kill their babies. Other parents sell their babies.
https://www.downtoearth.org.in/news/...he-world-54803
But since India is not communist, there is nothing to bash and talk about. It is a democracy, thus India's horrible sins are ignored.

Poverty brings about some nasty behavior in humans.

Your claim is silly though. It was just a tiny "business", not the main industry out of China.
It sure use to be, but I doubt you'll find confirmation of it [today] on the Internet. Babies were to China, like Cotton was to the u.s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies