Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2020, 07:32 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Right, well the rate of teen births is way down. Again, you need new material. This is all out dated.
First, I never introduced anything about teen mothers. I am focused on the shameful 75% OOW birthrate, which correlates so highly with poor educational attainment, poverty, and consequent crime. You are diverting to say, "yeah, well teen births are down". True or not, it doesn't address the primary problem - that black teens and young women are, in the 75% of cases, are having babies out-of-wedlock.

Correct that, and a lot if not most of the problems will disappear. My own family is evidence of that. If I go up two generations, my grandmother and her four siblings were all dirt poor, but all of their children (my mother's first cousins) ended up lower-middle class at the worst (the ones who finished high school only) to upper-middle class (the ones who finished college and even graduate school). There was not a SINGLE out-of-wedlock birth. (Many of my grandparents' relatives I don't know about, as they were killed in the Holocaust.)

That's all it takes. Finish high school and don't pop out any babies until after you're married. Do that, and even in the face of prejudice, you can move from poverty to the lower-middle class at the minimum.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:34 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
WTF is "white supremacist math"? 4+4=8, rather than whatever dumbass answer some idiot comes up with? Is expecting the proper answer somehow "racist" because it makes stupid people feel bad?

"It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise."

Joseph Goebbels

Old 08-02-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
First, I never introduced anything about teen mothers. I am focused on the shameful 75% OOW birthrate, which correlates so highly with poor educational attainment, poverty, and consequent crime. You are diverting to say, "yeah, well teen births are down". True or not, it doesn't address the primary problem - that black teens and young women are, in the 75% of cases, are having babies out-of-wedlock.

Correct that, and a lot if not most of the problems will disappear. My own family is evidence of that. If I go up two generations, my grandmother and her four siblings were all dirt poor, but all of their children (my mother's first cousins) ended up lower-middle class at the worst (the ones who finished high school only) to upper-middle class (the ones who finished college and even graduate school). There was not a SINGLE out-of-wedlock birth. (Many of my grandparents' relatives I don't know about, as they were killed in the Holocaust.)

That's all it takes. Finish high school and don't pop out any babies until after you're married. Do that, and even in the face of prejudice, you can move from poverty to the lower-middle class at the minimum.

Very much the answer to the root problem. Simple.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Government created this Baby Mama culture within the Black Community. It is now considered a badge of honor for Black men to have several children buy several different women as they are all supported by Welfare. The more kids you have the more money you get. It is government incentivized social and economic destruction.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:40 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Very much the answer to the root problem. Simple.
Thank you! It's so simple. And yet, if one suggests that, it's boom: racist!

Old 08-02-2020, 07:48 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The only "racism" I witness is black privilege and the black cultural disdain for education, hard work and virtue.
When the culture protects predators ("snitches get stitches") and mocks academics ("yo actin' white!"), it's not the fault of any other race / culture but its own.
Coincidentally, other minorities have succeeded on their merits. Should they be denied credit for their achievements because it makes A.A.'s look bad?
This is not a thing.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
The question is: to what end? BLM is promoting goals that will actually be harmful to blacks (such as to “disrupt” the two-parent household), and progressives get angry whenever someone, even a black Ivy professor, point out that blacks themselves can do much to help themselves.
They want to eliminate the requirement of a two parent household, not the actual households. There is a huge difference to wanting to support kids another way (since so many already are there, yanno) and actually promoting that way.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
And what you are ignoring is that blacks are more likely to be killed because they are disproportionately engaging in criminal behavior that leads to these police encounters.
Totally. Like driving while black. Or riding in a car while black. (Philandro Castille). What criminal behavior was he engaging in again?

Old 08-02-2020, 07:56 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,220,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
This is what I was responding to:

blacks are more likely to be killed because they are disproportionately engaging in criminal behavior that leads to these police encounters.

If blacks were usually involved in violent crimes when killed by police, your response to me would have made more sense.

They are not usually engaged in violent crime when killed by police. George Floyd passed a counterfeit $20. Philadro Castille had a tail light out and 'looked like' a suspect the police supposedly wanted to check out. That happens to black males a lot.

You've had your vehicle searched 5 times. That is highly unusual. At least for white people it is. If we both carried drugs around, you'd be in jail for it, and I would not because that never happens to me.
One time it happened to me when I was waiting for my brother because he was pulled over and my mom wanted me to pick him up. The cops saw me there waiting for him and I told them why I was sitting there. I was outside my car sitting on the sidewalk. They started questioning me and asked to search the car. I said no and they brought the k9. Another story was when a cop “found a license plate bulb out” and searched me as well. It’s a mix, if I was in a rush I gave them permission, if I wasn’t I would have them bring the k9s.

I’m telling you what happened to me. My brother is also a convicted felon who got charged for an oz. of weed and a scale. He did about a year in jail for it. My family members in WV have had quite a few run ins and jail stints. I’m sure you grew up in a white area that was middle to upper class, so you probably don’t know that there are white people who do have run ins. Not your fault though.

Yea, I would never try to excuse the cases you brought up. I just wanted to ponder the stats and how people arrived at the conclusion. Ask questions that I feel that some people may ignore. I don’t say that black people are usually involved in violent crimes when killed by the police, I don’t have that information to back it up.

I asked those questions because they may hint at why black people have more run ins with the law. Most white people who live in cities where cops have large forces are high income and highly educated. You don’t see too many white people in major cities that are poor, the poor white people typically live in rural areas.

Last edited by ecko_complex24; 08-02-2020 at 08:06 AM..

Old 08-02-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I’m telling you what happened to me. My brother is also a convicted felon who got charged for an oz. of weed and a scale. He did about a year in jail for it. My family members in WV have had quite a few run ins and jail stints. I’m sure you grew up in a white area that was middle to upper class, so you probably don’t know that there are white people who do have run ins. Not your fault though.
Not at the same rate as blacks. Your own article that you posted admitted that. I never said that white people don't have 'run ins' with police, I said a white person, and I guess I should add one that doesn't have a record/is known to police, is unlikely to have their vehicle searched w/o cause. But it happens to blacks all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies