Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2020, 08:17 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,220,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
From your article:

There you go. Obviously being searched more often things will be found more often.
Yes, I saw that. That’s why I posted all of that at the bottom. I was tired and posting last minute last night. I was pointing out that some of the data is conflicting whether it proves discrimination in these cases.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:20 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
The same police dept that peacefully arrested a mass killer, David Holmes, killed a young black law abiding man who was just walking home.

Elijah played violin for shelter animals, he wasn't a thug, never committed a crime. This is a total lie to say that blacks are killed by police as a result of being engaged in violent crime.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:21 AM

Breyona Taylor worked double shift as an EMT due to COVID. She was executed while trying to get a little sleep in her own bed.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Not at the same rate as blacks. Your own article that you posted admitted that. I never said that white people don't have 'run ins' with police, I said a white person, and I guess I should add one that doesn't have a record/is known to police, is unlikely to have their vehicle searched w/o cause. But it happens to blacks all the time.
You assumed that about your white neighbors. You also went on to say that is highly unusual in my case. So, because I went to pick up my brother, that is reason for searching my car? I also have a few black friends who have never had their vehicles searched before. Do the studies make a distinction between people with priors?

Old 08-02-2020, 08:26 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo_Butterfly View Post
We get it, everything you don't agree with is racist or white supremacist. (yawn)
One or two African American conservative academics preach your gospel against three generations of hundreds of liberal academics who say he is wrong. I get it too. Why does his race matter so much to you guys?

Old 08-02-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
The same police dept that peacefully arrested a mass killer, David Holmes, killed a young black law abiding man who was just walking home.

Elijah played violin for shelter animals, he wasn't a thug, never committed a crime. This is a total lie to say that blacks are killed by police as a result of being engaged in violent crime.
The same police that killed Daniel Shaver weeping on all fours in a hotel hallway.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
The same police that killed Daniel Shaver weeping on all fours in a hotel hallway.
I mean, police suck. I didn't understand white people's reaction to BLM from the start. But in this thread, the claim was made that blacks die at the hands of police more often because they are more often engaged in violent crime, which isn't true.

It's true that blacks commit more violent crime, but that isn't what is getting them killed by police. Other criminals, yeah, but that is a totally different topic.

Philandro Castille would be alive if he were white.

There are so many thousands of hours of video.

One black guy, in freezing cold weather, was walking with his hands in his pocket. The police were called. The cop was not a dick. But the black guy was still understandably pissed. You want to know why my hands are in my pockets? It's 30 degrees. I mean.

This is 'suspicious'.

So, a white person can certainly get ****ed over by cops, no doubt, but a white person just walking with hands in pockets to keep them warm doesn't have to come into contact with police to begin with.

Statistically, individual anecdotes aside, black people are far more likely to have to encounter police doing absolutely nothing in part because some white person called on them for walking while black, sitting while black, swimming while black, driving while black, BBQing while black, working while black.....

About 10 years ago in a white flight suburb in Texas a white woman called the police for a black man.........being in the bank.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Totally. Like driving while black. Or riding in a car while black. (Philandro Castille). What criminal behavior was he engaging in again?
It’s tragic what happened to Castile, but out of the tens of millions of encounters with police, we keep hearing the very same name. Or maybe a few names. That just proves how rare it is. And it happens with whites, also. But also rare.

Last edited by Rachel976; 08-02-2020 at 09:02 AM..

Old 08-02-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The only "racism" I witness is black privilege and the black cultural disdain for education, hard work and virtue.
When the culture protects predators ("snitches get stitches") and mocks academics ("yo actin' white!"), it's not the fault of any other race / culture but its own.
Coincidentally, other minorities have succeeded on their merits. Should they be denied credit for their achievements because it makes A.A.'s look bad?
Quote:
This is not a thing.
It’s not a thing? Even the Smithsonian Museum of African Americans said “working hard” was a white thing. Along with respecting authority and adhering to schedules (among other things) that lead to success.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
They want to eliminate the requirement of a two parent household, not the actual households. There is a huge difference to wanting to support kids another way (since so many already are there, yanno) and actually promoting that way.
Since when has there ever been a requirement? But the BLM actually wants to DISRUPT that! The single behavior pattern that, if changed, would solve much of the problems of poverty and crime - and BLM is saying, “it’s fine! No need to change!”

And true, the majority are already there. But that’s no reason to give it the stamp of approval. Hey, you could say since so many people run stop signs, let’s just let that be acceptable behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies