Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2020, 06:04 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times

Advertisements

If nothing else, blacks face the same sort of racism as I did sexism in a male dominated industry. Employers fear lawsuits. A woman the other day reminded me of this. She doesn't think of herself as racist, but it just rolled off her tongue that the reason people don't want to hire blacks is fear of false accusations of racism. I mean, how hard is it just not to be racist or sexist and stay clear of lawsuits?

Old 08-02-2020, 06:16 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Even worse, she (he?) claims the statistics are racist. Data is data. And by attacking the (black!) highly educated professor as a white supremacist for bringing up the statistics, he is proving the very point that the professor is making.

<sigh>

No, he/she didn't. If you're going to disagree with someone's point, at least be truthful about what they said.

You're better than this, Rachel.

Old 08-02-2020, 06:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well then of all the things she's had to put up with, I'd think a conversation wouldn't fall on her list of things she felt she had to endure.
Dude, a conversation about not hiring someone based on an "ethnic sounding" name - or, hiring her and then trying to convince her to use a different name whilst at work - is pretty friggin' insulting.

I believe endure is the right word - especially since the woman involved in the conversation is also black.

Old 08-02-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This is what you posted:

Where are your sources stating OoW births do not impact the success of these children? What it does is guarantee they will remain in deeper poverty which DOES lead to negative outcomes and therefore, impact success.
Let's see. Are 75% of blacks in poverty? No, and yet 75% are born out of wedlock. Obviously the correlation is nowhere near what you think it is.

Old 08-02-2020, 06:45 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Let's see. Are 75% of blacks in poverty? No, and yet 75% are born out of wedlock. Obviously the correlation is nowhere near what you think it is.
THAT is how you define correlation? It doesn’t mean that every kid born out of wedlock is doomed to living in poverty for the rest of his life! It means that he is MORE likely to live in poverty than a kid born into a 2-parent household. And study after study has borne it out.

And this is what the professor was getting at. Blacks and woke whites who insist that every failure of any black person is due to racism miss the opportunity to honestly assess what behaviors are contributing to problems (like 75% OOW birthrate) and take steps to correct them. That is what you are doing. You are so determined not to hold blacks responsible in any way for any failures has you denying the established negative impact of being born out-of-wedlock.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
THAT is how you define correlation? It doesn’t mean that every kid born out of wedlock is doomed to living in poverty for the rest of his life! It means that he is MORE likely to live in poverty than a kid born into a 2-parent household. And study after study has borne it out.

And this is what the professor was getting at. Blacks and woke whites who insist that every failure of any black person is due to racism miss the opportunity to honestly assess what behaviors are contributing to problems (like 75% OOW birthrate) and take steps to correct them. That is what you are doing. You are so determined not to hold blacks responsible in any way for any failures has you denying the established negative impact of being born out-of-wedlock.
Apparently you didn't read what I was responding to, because that is exactly what that poster said.

I don't deny the negative impact of OOW births. I spoke about it quite a lot in the thread that was about that. But it doesn't mean what some of you say over and over that it does.

It doesn't mean the kids lack a father. If they do, it doesn't mean they lack father figures. And it doesn't doom to poverty.

Education matters far more.

Some posters are stuck in studies from decades ago. Teen OOW births are way down. This image of teen girls at home with their Mom popping out more kids for more welfare dollars is way outdated. Welfare doesn't pay more the more kids you have, and most black teens are not wanting to have even one before they finish high school.

Their educational and socioeconomic level keeps rising even as OOW births keep declining. Y'all need new material.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:21 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Apparently you didn't read what I was responding to, because that is exactly what that poster said.

I don't deny the negative impact of OOW births. I spoke about it quite a lot in the thread that was about that. But it doesn't mean what some of you say over and over that it does.

It doesn't mean the kids lack a father. If they do, it doesn't mean they lack father figures. And it doesn't doom to poverty.

Education matters far more.

Some posters are stuck in studies from decades ago. Teen OOW births are way down. This image of teen girls at home with their Mom popping out more kids for more welfare dollars is way outdated. Welfare doesn't pay more the more kids you have, and most black teens are not wanting to have even one before they finish high school.

Their educational and socioeconomic level keeps rising even as OOW births keep declining. Y'all need new material.
Currently, almost 75% of black babies are born out of wedlock. And while it doesn't mean they lack a father figure, they CERTAINLY are less likely to have a father figure than a kid whose father is married to the mother (or at least was during the kid's formative years). The kids from OOW homes will fare worse.

And yes, education matters more. But kids from OOW homes are LESS likely to get an education. There's another correlation. (It's all related - poor educations, poverty, crime - and all correlated to OOW births.)

Ya'll need to start owning up to the fact that yes indeed....blacks ARE contributing to their own problems, and primarily through having most of their kids without being married.

As far as whether black teens are popping out kids before finishing high school for welfare dollars, I never said that. They are popping them out because, to a much greater degree than teens who do NOT, that's the life they've seen, with their own mama popping them out 15 or 20 years earlier. They often say they do it because they want "love" - and that speaks to the poor environment they were brought up in, in an unstable home with a teen mother (or 20s) who can't support their kids.

All I (and the professor, and those who agree with him) are saying is that EXAGGERATING racism is keeping blacks and their "woke" white enablers from facing up to their own poor choices. Again, all it takes to get out of poverty in 97% of the cases are:

1. Finish high school
2. Don't have a baby until after you're married (in adulthood)

Old 08-02-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Currently, almost 75% of black babies are born out of wedlock. And while it doesn't mean they lack a father figure, they CERTAINLY are less likely to have a father figure than a kid whose father is married to the mother (or at least was during the kid's formative years). The kids from OOW homes will fare worse.

And yes, education matters more. But kids from OOW homes are LESS likely to get an education. There's another correlation. (It's all related - poor educations, poverty, crime - and all correlated to OOW births.)

Ya'll need to start owning up to the fact that yes indeed....blacks ARE contributing to their own problems, and primarily through having most of their kids without being married.

As far as whether black teens are popping out kids before finishing high school for welfare dollars, I never said that. They are popping them out because, to a much greater degree than teens who do NOT, that's the life they've seen, with their own mama popping them out 15 or 20 years earlier. They often say they do it because they want "love" - and that speaks to the poor environment they were brought up in, in an unstable home with a teen mother (or 20s) who can't support their kids.

All I (and the professor, and those who agree with him) are saying is that EXAGGERATING racism, is keeping blacks and their "woke" white enablers, from facing up to their own poor choices. Again, all it takes to get out of poverty in 97% of the cases are:

1. Finish high school
2. Don't have a baby until after you're married (in adulthood)
Right, well the rate of teen births is way down. Again, you need new material. This is all out dated.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:25 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
The Government created this Baby Mama culture within the Black Community. It is now considered a badge of honor for Black men to have several children buy several different women as they are all supported by Welfare. The more kids you have the more money you get. It is government incentivized social and economic destruction.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Government created this Baby Mama culture within the Black Community. It is now considered a badge of honor for Black men to have several children buy several different women as they are all supported by Welfare. The more kids you have the more money you get. It is government incentivized social and economic destruction.
Sigh. Not anymore. TANF is the aid that is called 'welfare' and it's 5 years maximum, 1 kid or 12. And there are work requirements.

I think some of these facts are from TV and movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies