Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 10:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Prison reform is definitely needed. And who is calling for stricter punishments? It certainly isn’t the Democrats! Over 16,000 felons have been released because of COVID. How many of those have gone on to commit more crimes? Democrat leaders can’t even uphold the law in their own cities. Only a simple mind denies that all this chaos is the fault of Democrats not looking after their communities and constituents.
My friends in the north east don't feel that their local and state govt. are tough enough on crime and voted Republican because they want them to be tougher on crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 10:41 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The insane Democrats are okay with all the murders and bloodshed. You think it is a killing field now...think about what will happen if Biden and Kamala were to take control of this country.

Murder will be very commonplace with many people losing their homes and their sense of security through violence. Their sense of safety will be gone...

BUT if America gets ready with their own protection methods and realize how sick the Democrat agenda is, you can protect yourselves.

Be ready.

They will get rid of the police or put so many restrictions on them that they will be unable to properly enforce criminals and lawbreakers.

Get ready to protect your life and everything in it!
if Biden wins I will do what I never thought I would and that is get a gun!!!

Old 08-18-2020, 10:45 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's why we need gun control.

Thanks for stressing that point for us.
Meanwhile in London, 2019 was the city's bloodiest year in a decade with 143 being killed.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:51 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Again, most of the murders in this country involve Black on Black murders. And more specifically, this is an issue in the underclass. This is a problem in the impoverished ghettos all over America. Whether it's Democratic-ran cities like Cincinnati and St. Louis or Republican-ran cities such as Jacksonville or Tulsa. Wherever the ghetto is, that is where the violence is. Wherever a large underclass and alot of gangs, high homicide rate. Political party has little to do with it.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:53 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Exactly! I am taking gun training classes and getting a weapon for protection. I hope everyone gets a form of protection because you will need it!

Old 08-18-2020, 10:58 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Again, most of the murders in this country involve Black on Black murders. And more specifically, this is an issue in the underclass. This is a problem in the impoverished ghettos all over America. Whether it's Democratic-ran cities like Cincinnati and St. Louis or Republican-ran cities such as Jacksonville or Tulsa. Wherever the ghetto is, that is where the violence is. Wherever a large underclass and alot of gangs, high homicide rate. Political party has little to do with it.
Yeah there are millions of Impoverished Whites, Asians and Hispanics and overall they don't have this violence problem.

Poverty does not give you the right or reason to be violent.

Something else is missing.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:02 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Should have done that long ago. Most places are out of stock, ammo is out of stock and background checks are taking forever, depending on where you are.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:03 AM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Cities that Dems have controlled since the 60s, some even longer.......you can just see how poorly they do when they get to implement their game-plan.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:05 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You assume I am advocating for some kind of gun control.

I'm advocating for recognition that gun violence is a problem in the USA and that it is a complex, multi-facted issue that needs to be addressed.

I would suggest the idiots who get a lawfully gun stolen from their unlocked car should never own a gun again because it is clear they are not a RESPONSIBLE gun owner ...........I know radical.

So now it is the victim’s fault? This is what we have heard from the left for 4 decades. Blame the victim. I would suggest holding those accountable who are stealing in the first place. Crazy idea I know. People will already lose their license if they don’t store guns correctly.

Old 08-18-2020, 11:10 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Meanwhile in London, 2019 was the city's bloodiest year in a decade with 143 being killed.
With no guns there should be zero deaths , right ? Seems like there is quite the rise in violence over there...what is going on ? 222,000 violent assaults last year ...one would think with that strict gun control there would be nothing.

"There were over 222 thousand violent crime offences recorded by the Metropolitan Police in London in 2019/20 an increase of approximately six thousand compared with the previous year. "

Seems to me , the culprit is bad people. Not the instruments they use. People willing to hurt/kill others and break laws.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...revious%20year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies