Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 10:50 PM

7,144 posts, read 4,557,147 times

Advertisements

In most years about 8k people die a month from all causes which is around 100k total. This year is much higher. Many of the people had many years ahead of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 11:18 PM

8,156 posts, read 3,684,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
No one is using Gateway to interpret anything....the paper is easy enough to read on it's on

There's 2 links in the OP....the second one was to PJ Media > https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...ation-n1178930

...got anything to say about her data?
Lol, what's "pj media"? Is it a peer reviewed journal? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahopotato View Post
All that covid has exposed is that our healthcare system in this country is pathetic. Where I live it has come out that hospital beds and ICU beds are almost ALWAYS 80% full, and always on the verge of being overwhelmed. National news media comes along and does not report any of this. They just blame everything on Trump, in the hopes they can get a democrat in there. Why believe ANYTHING the news media says? They are all liars pimping their propaganda.
Lol, that's how hospitals function. They tend to not get paid by seating idle.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:22 PM

41,975 posts, read 75,239,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are arguing feelings and not facts..
260,000 is a number, not a feeling.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagochicano View Post
The Hopkins student newsletter article was removed because Hopkins did not like how the (correct) data was presented. That's all. The facts presented are still facts, and there is no arguing otherwise.
Lol.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:50 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,653,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
In most years about 8k people die a month from all causes which is around 100k total. This year is much higher. Many of the people had many years ahead of them.
And a lot of that was in April and May when all these democratic governors threw the sick back in the nursing homes and spiked the numbers. After that the normal death rate is only slightly higher.

Old 11-29-2020, 05:58 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
And a lot of that was in April and May when all these democratic governors threw the sick back in the nursing homes and spiked the numbers. After that the normal death rate is only slightly higher.
SO deaths due to Covid only occurred in states with democratic governors, this was a nationwide issue try to take off your partisan glasses as 100,000 have died in nursing homes nationwide.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/27/93953...-findings-show

Old 11-29-2020, 06:47 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Exactly, a 'cause of death' shift. Many were goners anyway, a few months, a couple of years, but their health had deteriorated to a point that it was simply a matter of when, not if. Not being heartless or cruel, there is a reason for the phrase life cycle. Gestation, birth and death, all part of the life cycle. I will not be surprised that the actual cost of end of life is comparable across 'causes of death', either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAman View Post
There is an effect. More people died from covid and fewer people died from other diseases, about the same amount of people.

Old 11-29-2020, 07:33 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Anecdotal but interesting. We all heard the stories about how Thanksgiving get togethers were going to be super spreader events. Never mind the stores were open for Black Friday and nobody was limiting the number of customers going in( at least not in PA). Covid cases were hitting records. So I did some house cleaning Tuesday and ran some errands and took a nap for a few hours around noon time. I woke up and felt like my nose was running and my sinuses hurt. It continued that day and the night and the next day. Nose was running, sneezing, sinuses hurt and by Thursday AM I had a low grade fever that topped out at 99.5. The thing is, my relatives arrived Wednesday and I noticed they had the same exact symptoms our family( all three of us) already had. Sneezing, runny nose, some coughing or more like clearing of the throat. Something was going around, I'm not sure what but we all seemed to get it at the same time in different areas of the state.
So I did my temp check before work Thursday night and my temp was back down to normal. By Friday I felt fine, yesterday ( Saturday) not even a lingering trace of it. Today I feel fine. Everybody's okay. So what was this? I had similar symptoms a week prior. A runny nose that lasted a day. I never sought medical attention. I know I had Covid back in early April. Was this just some other bug going around, a particularly contagious but extremely mild one? An allergy due to weather conditions? Or was it Covid that my and my family's antibodies made very short work of? I wouldn't be a bit surprised if some biological agent wasn't released, even Covid itself by those wanting to keep the pandemic fear going.
It makes me slightly wonder if a person can actually get Covid twice, but I'm now more convinced than ever that resistance to it is lasting and that makes the need for a vaccine seem less important. If this bug is still around and we're
constantly being exposed and our antibodies nullify it immediately, that's the same as getitng a vaccine.
No vaccine for me.

Old 11-29-2020, 07:48 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
I don't recall our ICU full of relatively young people on ECMO or requiring artificial ventilation like I am seeing from COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies