Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 03:38 AM

34,331 posts, read 18,709,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
What is sad is that you have no idea that you've been conditioned over the years. Like a pedophile, Trump and cronies have conditioned you and then fondled you as they continue to do now. You poor things.
Spouting more Far Left nonsense as usual. You make absolutely no sense as you just parrot the MEDIA which is 95% or more Democrat Propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2020, 04:17 AM

12,005 posts, read 6,285,396 times
I have often wondered how many of the elderly dying with Covid were months, weeks, or days away from dying anyway. I mean, if an 80 year old lung cancer patient on chemotherapy was 2 months away from dying and died 2 months sooner from Covid, then it is not going to "add" to the number of deaths of people or of octagenarians. It is just a short advancing of death. It is not like a healthy 10 year old suddenly dropping dead from Covid, which for example is exceedingly rare.

I don't want to pretend all quarter million people dying with Covid were days away from death anyway, but I have long wondered just how many days or weeks ro months of living the average victim was shortened by from Covid. I think that a very massive portion of the quarter million who have died were probably less than 6 months or a year from death anyway, many of them suffering from a lot of horrible end-of-life issues from cancer to stroke to dimentia.

Just wondering. Since the government at every level is lying to us about everything having to do with this disease, including count, cause, effect, treatments, need for lockdowns, and a great many other things, so I am sure I will never know.

Old 11-28-2020, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
And the families of 329,792,960? How about the families of 60,442,885?

PS: how many families within those numbers that have lost their jobs. going hungry and are being kicked out of their homes, do to no fault of their own, do you think would agree?
How about all the suicides, depression, child abuse, spousal abuse, drug addiction, alcoholism and other serious problems caused by the lockdowns.

We know many people have died either because they were turned away from hospitals when they needed treatment for more routine medical issues, people who died because they feared to go to a hospital afraid to contract covid, people who died because they didn't get timely screening because of lockdowns and lack of hospital access, people who died because empty hospitals quit admiting patients for all manner of other serious medical care while admitting only Covid patients.

There have been a lot of other deaths not attributed to Covid, that people would be alive today without the lockdowns and hysteria surrounding Covid, and the heavy handed treatment of medical care during the shut downs.

There is a lot of death related to the Covid hysteria.

There is a lot of physical and mental suffering related to the Covid hysteria.

There is a lot of economic damage and resulting suffering from evictions to food insecurity, related to the Covid hysteria.

Yet all the government/media complex reports or cares about is Covid. It is like as long as Covid deaths are minimized, they could care less if an additional million people die from the fallout, or 10 million people go bankrupt, lose their life savings, lose their home, etc.

They don't care. They have blinders on and it is killing us, often literally.

Old 11-28-2020, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It was an analysis by an adjunct professor of economics who does webinars for fun. Not an ounce of medical credentials.
And yet those are often the type of people telling the truth today, while those with medical credentials perpetuate an abundance of slanted lies to fit an agenda. I will take the honest guy culling the raw date over the AMA funded hack any day.

Old 11-28-2020, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
WRONG. A number of people were elderly but there have also been a decent number of younger healthier people. Yes, we have gotten better at treating the virus, I am not here to debate or begrudge that. However there are a good number of younger people with severe cases and death. I highly doubt even with those elderly that they were waiting on death's door regardless of Covid. I dont get this morbid obsession with justifying covid being a nothing burger.
Flat false.

NO, there has not been any appreciable number of younger, healthier people. Not in the least. The fatality rate below age 40 is miniscule. Below age 20, the fatality rate is effectively zero. It is not until age 65 that you get high numbers of fatalities, which then soars over age 80.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/11/18...-and-age-15163

Old 11-28-2020, 06:05 AM

30,796 posts, read 19,438,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
No doubt the families of 260,000 people would disagree.
An individual's perspective has zero impact on actual data.....liberals need to learn to follow the science which again, emotion has no impact on.

Old 11-28-2020, 06:11 AM

19,990 posts, read 9,537,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Let's pretend, for the sake of humor, that the claim being made in the title was true.

Then I could just argue that the lockdowns, social distancing, WFH, and mask-wearing are working. The countermeasures are doing their jobs.

And what would your rebuttal be?
My rebuttal is:

"So what is your explanation for other causes of death going down? I don't think mask wearing is the reason for significantly fewer people dying from cancer, heart disease, etc. IF what is now being discussed is true?"

However, I do think COVID is deadly for SOME people who wouldn't die otherwise, or else why would younger people who have no health conditions other than obesity be dying? Sure, some people do die from obesity, but I don't think that many people in the 30's die from it unless they have other conditions, such as diabetes or heart conditions, of which obesity is at least partly to blame. However, that does bring up a point -- if an obese person dies from a heart attack, is the cause of death listed as heart failure (or whatever medical term is used for that) or is it listed as obesity? (Meaning, of course, if COVID is the contributing factor, why would that be listed as the MAIN factor in most of these cases IF what I read is true.)

P.S. But to be absolutely clear, I now disapprove even more strongly of the current restrictions to save maybe 5,000 or so people who probably wouldn't die in the next year unless they did get infected with COVID. (And I'm a senior, btw.) As always, if someone later proves that the "5,000 or so" figure is greatly undercounted, I will retract my words.

But, regardless, I will continue to wear a mask when required.

Last edited by katharsis; 11-28-2020 at 06:25 AM..

Old 11-28-2020, 06:39 AM

923 posts, read 529,946 times
This thread is another example of people choosing what they want to believe. Nothing wrong with that at all, it's your own personal choice to decide what to believe.

I personally believe the study put out by Johns Hopkins University, a "top-notch research University, and many students here are Biomedical engineering students, Public Health majors, or taking the Pre-med track."

No matter what science, facts, religion, "hearsay", or any other source of information people have they will still look for and believe in what they themselves agree with.

"Progress is impossible without change; and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." George Bernard Shaw.

Old 11-28-2020, 07:00 AM

4,038 posts, read 1,906,390 times
wow. people, the report has been discredited by jhu. Move on. All of you supporting it are as wrong as the (non)report.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:03 AM
bu2

24,150 posts, read 15,001,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
How about all the suicides, depression, child abuse, spousal abuse, drug addiction, alcoholism and other serious problems caused by the lockdowns.

We know many people have died either because they were turned away from hospitals when they needed treatment for more routine medical issues, people who died because they feared to go to a hospital afraid to contract covid, people who died because they didn't get timely screening because of lockdowns and lack of hospital access, people who died because empty hospitals quit admiting patients for all manner of other serious medical care while admitting only Covid patients.

There have been a lot of other deaths not attributed to Covid, that people would be alive today without the lockdowns and hysteria surrounding Covid, and the heavy handed treatment of medical care during the shut downs.

There is a lot of death related to the Covid hysteria.

There is a lot of physical and mental suffering related to the Covid hysteria.

There is a lot of economic damage and resulting suffering from evictions to food insecurity, related to the Covid hysteria.

Yet all the government/media complex reports or cares about is Covid. It is like as long as Covid deaths are minimized, they could care less if an additional million people die from the fallout, or 10 million people go bankrupt, lose their life savings, lose their home, etc.

They don't care. They have blinders on and it is killing us, often literally.
Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies