Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2021, 01:55 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
In that case I think of how many generation of black actors who probably thanked their lucky stars every day that they weren't part of the dreadful acting, writing etc. that comprised the worthless soap operas of the 1960s onward.
Your attempt to spin literally everything fails on a consistent basis.

Old 02-08-2021, 02:09 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Except that EVERYONE was picked because they are black, or represent black people! The Black National Anthem, the black poet, the black singer, the black half-time guy (and sorry, never heard of him before), etc., etc. The entire thing is overkill, and it would have been nice for everyone to come together for an evening of football without ramming through the black racism thing again.

And it is not racist to point it out. That’s the way you woke leftists have been trying to silence dissenting opinions, and it’s getting tiresome.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:10 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Announced? I never heard anything about who was performing tonight. And there's nothing great about a performer who can't sing to where you can understand what is said. Never heard of him before and I am not impressed with him.
Well it’s not my fault you live under a rock.

When in the history of the Universe has it not been announced who’s playing the Super Bowl halftime show?

Old 02-08-2021, 03:50 PM

606 posts, read 354,851 times
Quote:
Except that EVERYONE was picked because they are black, or represent black people! The Black National Anthem, the black poet, the black singer, the black half-time guy (and sorry, never heard of him before), etc., etc. The entire thing is overkill, and it would have been nice for everyone to come together for an evening of football without ramming through the black racism thing again.

And it is not racist to point it out. That’s the way you woke leftists have been trying to silence dissenting opinions, and it’s getting tiresome.
The Weeknd is not picked because he was black. That’s like saying Prince or Beyoncé were picked to perform because they were black. That’s insane!

Also, The Weeknd has mass cross appeal over all races. He may be black (Ethiopian from Toronto), but his music transcends various genres that appeal to very different crowds. He’s like Prince in that Prince never confined himself to creating music in one genre, which led to having an extremely broad and eclectic fan base.

By saying this, you’re implying that the only reason black people ever perform is because they are black and not because they’re talented.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:14 PM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
If you’re going to say Black Lives Matter, then you have to immediately follow it up with White Lives Matter, Yellow Lives Matter, Brown Lives Matter and All Lives Matter.

Otherwise, it has no legitimacy.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:53 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Back to the subject:
Someone playing the piano [at the Super Bowl] just sang something called "Lift Every Voice and Sing". Pretty song, nice voice.

But then somebody said it was supposed to be the "Black National Anthem".

What? Blacks have their own National Anthem? For what country? I didn't know it was for ANY country.

I assume they meant it for the United States?

Why? Are they trying to tell us that the old "Star Spangled Banner" doesn't stand for them?

Maybe their message is, "We aren't really part of the United States, we need an anthem that represents us, not 'all citizens' "?

"Blacks are different, we just can't be with whites, we want some sort of "Separate but Equal" status?

Umm... isn't that what we've been trying to GET AWAY from, for the last 50-plus years?

When did black people suddenly decide they couldn't relate to "The Star-Spangled Banner", and that they needed s separate anthem?
Or did they?
Did a couple of chronic Social Justice Warriors get together around a microphone and decide it on their own, without the concurrence (or even the knowledge) of most black people?

When did this course reversal happen?

Old 02-08-2021, 05:10 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nap1313 View Post
The Weeknd is not picked because he was black. That’s like saying Prince or Beyoncé were picked to perform because they were black. That’s insane!

Also, The Weeknd has mass cross appeal over all races. He may be black (Ethiopian from Toronto), but his music transcends various genres that appeal to very different crowds. He’s like Prince in that Prince never confined himself to creating music in one genre, which led to having an extremely broad and eclectic fan base.

By saying this, you’re implying that the only reason black people ever perform is because they are black and not because they’re talented.
When did I say that the only reason black people ever perform is because they’re black and not because they’re talented? That’s that ridiculous accusation that leftists make when others point out that having a dark skin tone is ONE of the requirements for a position (such as VP). What I pointed out is that, with one single exception, every entertainer involved with the Super Bowl was black, despite that they’re only 14% of the population, with the added move of kicking the whole thing off with the Black National Anthem. This entire thing, that has raged since last spring, is based on a lie, and has gone to such a ridiculous extreme that it CREATES racial division.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
When did I say that the only reason black people ever perform is because they’re black and not because they’re talented? That’s that ridiculous accusation that leftists make when others point out that having a dark skin tone is ONE of the requirements for a position (such as VP). What I pointed out is that, with one single exception, every entertainer involved with the Super Bowl was black, despite that they’re only 14% of the population, with the added move of kicking the whole thing off with the Black National Anthem. This entire thing, that has raged since last spring, is based on a lie, and has gone to such a ridiculous extreme that it CREATES racial division.
You literally said the only reason the people at the super bowl were picked is because they’re black. You literally said that. And then when you got called out per usual, you’re now backpedaling? Can’t take back what is out there that everyone with eyes can see. I’ll ask again, did you cry in your cups when prince performed at the super bowl in 2007? Did you wring your hands & bleat “It’s only because he’s BLAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!”?

Old 02-08-2021, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Back to the subject:
Someone playing the piano [at the Super Bowl] just sang something called "Lift Every Voice and Sing". Pretty song, nice voice.

What? Blacks have their own National Anthem? For what country? I didn't know it was for ANY country.

Why? Are they trying to tell us that the old "Star Spangled Banner" doesn't stand for them?

Maybe their message is, "We aren't really part of the United States, we need an anthem that represents us, not 'all citizens' "?

"Blacks are different, we just can't be with whites, we want some sort of "Separate but Equal" status?

Umm... isn't that what we've been trying to GET AWAY from, for the last 50-plus years?

When did black people suddenly decide they couldn't relate to "The Star-Spangled Banner", and that they needed s separate anthem?
Or did they?
Did a couple of chronic Social Justice Warriors get together around a microphone and decide it on their own, without the concurrence (or even the knowledge) of most black people?

When did this course reversal happen?
Yeah, you already posted this. Quit repeating yourself.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:39 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
[quote=Roboteer;60358349]Back to the subject:

Or did they?

When did this course reversal happen?[/QUOTE]

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies