Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 11:25 PM

9,469 posts, read 10,797,949 times

Advertisements

How do we get rid of masks and social distancing? Stop doing it. Stop enabling these rona worry warts and refuse to obey. The more people disobey the less enforceable any of this will be. Will you make enemies? Yes, every rona worrier you know will drop you like a hot potato but in the end the only way to rid our society of this endless mask wearing etc. is to just stop doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 11:30 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Masks until everyone who wants a vaxx can have it. Two months from now, give or take. Is it really that hard y'all? I used to think of people from the country as being tough but man this past year showed me who the real snowflakes are.

Old 03-20-2021, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Masks until everyone who wants a vaxx can have it. Two months from now, give or take. Is it really that hard y'all? I used to think of people from the country as being tough but man this past year showed me who the real snowflakes are.
Many of us in rural areas never adopted any rona precautions. Whole sections of red state America just never got on board. We don’t really care that the more cautious blue staters mocked us for it, we do what we want. Never had a mask mandate where I live in tennessee. Only big cities with liberal mayors did that here.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergesn View Post
Wow you guys didnt ever have one?

I bet most still weat them though... Your area has gotta be one of the few that doesnt have mandates on them!!
The state of tennessee never had a mask mandate. Some urban counties have them, most of the state does not. In my area maybe 1/3 choose to wear them.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:18 AM

8,220 posts, read 3,483,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Except that the immunity is just months? So by the time those who want the vaccine get it the ones who first got it are having the immunity they supposedly have wearing off and need the booster and it starts again.

It started out being just two weeks. Then that was a lie. The two months would be a lie too.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:36 AM

8,220 posts, read 3,483,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The state of tennessee never had a mask mandate. Some urban counties have them, most of the state does not. In my area maybe 1/3 choose to wear them.
Kentucky still has many things shut down. Mask mandate started I think in May. Some wanted masks in the drive thru. Fast food is still drive thru and some places have carry out. No eating in. Restrooms are closed to the public in most places. Many don't leave home without a mask. They wear them all day long. People are going out shopping for new spring time masks already embracing wearing them for many more months. The new masks fly off the racks. Masks are a fashion accessory for many people. I hate Kentucky.

Old 03-21-2021, 01:34 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Companies are making improved masks. It's obvious that masks are forever.
Again I guess you grew up wearing a mask cause masks were encouraged in 1918 and there were lot refuseniks back then too. Read your history. Jeesh.

Do you have an iron lung in your back bedroom cause of polio in the 1950s?

Old 03-21-2021, 12:32 PM

45,210 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Kentucky still has many things shut down. Mask mandate started I think in May. Some wanted masks in the drive thru. Fast food is still drive thru and some places have carry out. No eating in. Restrooms are closed to the public in most places. Many don't leave home without a mask. They wear them all day long. People are going out shopping for new spring time masks already embracing wearing them for many more months. The new masks fly off the racks. Masks are a fashion accessory for many people. I hate Kentucky.
I get deliveries here in TN from a company in KY and the driver was remarking with envy how free we are and how KY's policies have hurt their business.
Its a shame, and its all because of the mandatory enforcement of cult like rituals.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:55 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,277,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I have no idea what you're going on about here, I'm not offended at all by people wearing masks and I wear one every time I leave my house. I believe they should be mandatory in all public places until the pandemic subsides.
For those that feel they can manage their own risks, and respect when they are near others, why mandate it? Should we mandate it because of the antisocial people who refuse to wear one everywhere? What percentage of the population refuses to wear masks? Is it significant? I don't feel locally, where I am, it is an issue.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:57 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Team mask has been wrong about everything. Sorry you've done it to yourselves
Exactly. However, now that government has gotten away with huge, Unconstitutional overreach they don't want to give it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies