Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2021, 09:59 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
And most shooters and victims in Chicago tend to have an affiliation with one or more gangs. This includes the extended families. What often initially appears random, is not.

The event that precipitated Police response, was a shooting at an SUV. The scattershot picked it up.

I am curious if the people in the SUV who were shot at have surfaced or if they just sped away.
The people in the SUV are just business as usual, using their own teens to shoot at the gang that shot at them and so on and so forth.

Yes, 75% (CPD estimates I've seen) of the shootings are gang related.

Wait for people to start demanding they stop using scattershot because it leads to violent police confrontations. (Sadly, I'm not joking).

There is needed police reform and lord knows Chicago is one of the worst offenders, but this latest shooting making a martyr out of the very predators that shoot up so many other young people ? Sigh.

Going to need an extra big push of "blame guns" out of Chicago leadership so they can pass the buck elsewhere yet again. Meanwhile, in Gold Coast and Lincoln Park...their invisible magic gun shield seems to be working pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 10:01 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The vast majority of U.K. Police don't carry guns. Cops here are just trigger happy and scared. STOP hiring cowards as police.
Bwah hah hah hah....would you patrol Chicago's west side without a gun?

Old 04-16-2021, 10:01 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
he had a flashlight on the kid, the kid turned around with his hands up as he was instructed to do. He can't be shot after that. He just can't. Check my history on these cases here, the narrative of cops hunting black men is BS. But ..you can't reach for a taser and pull a gun instead and shoot someone. And you can't shoot a kid with his hands clearly in the air. He had a bright flashlight on him and he was what, 15 feet away? It's just not good.
He had the gun in his hand.

There is a literal fraction of a second between him dropping the gun and turning around - he had it in his hand while turning.

This was 100% justified.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I stay out of these debates on FB. Because of my race I’m supposed to think a certain way but I use common sense. I’ll just say this, so you mean to tell me that 0% of the blame should be placed on a 13 yr old out at 2:30am shooting at cars and running from the police? If I mention something like that then I’m called an Uncle Tom, Coon, Uncle Rukus, etc.

Then someone always comments and says “Wait till it’s your son!” I then usually say, “My son doesn’t roam the streets at 2:30 with a gun shooting at cars and then attempts to evade the cops!” But hey, what do I know? Ima a fake black. I’m not real black because I didn’t grow up in the hood and my parents have been married 40+ yrs.
Agitators on FB purposely misrepresented a shooting incident in Chicago, last August. Specifically, a 20 year old with a long criminal history engaged in a gun fight with police and was shot and injured.

Agitators used FB to falsely report another unarmed black child had been shot dead by CPD for no reason. There was a massive pile on, on FB.

12 hours later what would become the single most destructive looting event in US history began in 3 separate business districts in Chicago. It was estimated 3000 engaged in looting. Most ( not all) were teen- young adult black people. While most engaged for the stuff, 13 officers were injured and 2 people were shot.

Endless video from in store security showed images of the looters and property damage. Local Craig’s List was full of high end goodies for sale which led to many arrests.

All in, about 300 were arrested. No idea what became of them.

Too bad we don’t chop off a hand of thieves, see them up and hand off a bottle of antibiotic to prevent infection. No SSDI.

There are about 900,000 black people in Chicago. At least 897,000 did not engage in this looting event. Nonetheless, there is a national tendency to blame all black people.

Only thing any of us control our our own behaviors, which includes our reactions.

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

There is a literal fraction of a second between him dropping the gun and turning around - he had it in his hand while turning.

This was 100% justified.
Is that the case? I'll have to watch the video again. What I thought I saw last night was him dropping the gun before he turned around. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
With a last name like “Toledo”, and living in the city’s largely Hispanic Little Village neighborhood, can we assume that he was an example of the media created term “white hispanic” ?
This will be when a white Hispanic is no longer white, for the purposes of looting free stuff.

Another case of people resisting arrest by trying to flee from officers, either with a weapon in their freaking hands, or with one within reach. It's really simple, stop freaking resisting arrest and stop reaching for and / or waving around a weapon at the police. Geez.

Last edited by Wapasha; 04-16-2021 at 10:14 AM..

Old 04-16-2021, 10:11 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

This was 100% justified.
I rewatched.

I have to stand corrected. The kid clearly has the gun in his hand as he starts to turn. He apparently drops it behind the fence, but the cop cannot see that hand, and if he had kept the gun in his hand, he could have shot the cop point blank before he had a clear view.

It's horrible but the kid was involved in a shooting obviously, and that's what led to his death ultimately, not police misconduct, incompetence, or panic.

My heart goes out to the kids mom for losing her son, and to the cop for having to shoot someone when he had no choice.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:14 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Tributes to deceased armed teen Adam Toledo by his friends refer to him by his gang names, "Lil' Homicide" and "Bvby Diablo."

Old 04-16-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I like when they say all mass murders are by white men. That’s not really true. What’s the official definition of mass shooting. People pick what number pushes their agendas. The majority of “mass shootings” (4+) are by non whites. It’s just that because they don’t go to the range, they miss the majority of their targets. When I was in NOLA, it was an everyday even for a park to be shot up with multiple people shot.
There tends to be 2 classes of mass shootings. One is where there is some sort of connection between at least one victim and the shooter. Workplace shootings tend to fall into this group as do gang related shooting.

The other is when there is no connection between the shooter and victims. This was the case with the Las Vegas mass shooting and the El Paso Walmart shooting.

We don’t and may never know the story as to why this 13 year old was hanging with a 21 year old gang member at 2:30 AM while the 21 fired 9 shots at an SUV. I am inclined to think it more likely there was a gang connection between the shooter and the kid vs the people in the SUV.

Old 04-16-2021, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Because all anything is to them is a means to an end. The end goal is to get cops to quit so they have fewer of them and to take away guns from as many people as possible so that they can do whatever they want without consequences. The 2nd Amendment had nothing to do with hunting. We are seeing it play out in real time what the reason for the Amendment was.

Obama started this dangerous game that is responsible for a lot of deaths when he trotted out Hadya Pendleton at his SOTU speech. She was a very bright girl who was caught in a gang shooting in Chicago. The goal is to get the legal guns.
The Sandy Hook mass shooting happened in 2012. 26 people shot dead. 20 of them were first graders, 6-7 years old.

Immediately some far right media personalities pounced on this as a false flag, a hoax staged by Obama to get your guns. These commentaries prompted citizen investigators to endlessly harass the Sandy Hook families.

Some of the families filed a defamation suit against Alex Jones. In 2019, Jones acknowledged the shootings happened and attributed his profuse promotion of conspiracy theories on his psychosis and asked the case to be dismissed. In January, 2021 the Texas Supreme Court reject his request for dismissal and allowed the parents to proceed with their suit.

The murder of 20 first graders did not move the needle as it relates to the gun debate. Instead, every mass shooting usually results in an uptick in gun sales.

Fast forward to the 2017 mass shooting at the Parkland, Fl school. 17 killed. 17 injured. Trump met with a few families and others in a televised event and promised to “ do something”. He did not. POTUS has no authority to “do something”.

This ship sailed a long, long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies