Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 06:25 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times

Advertisements

Unlike Chauvin's incident, this is a cut and clear police shooting. I highly doubt they even have enough PC to charge this Chicago cop for any crime let alone conviction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 07:13 AM

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Unlike Chauvin's incident, this is a cut and clear police shooting. I highly doubt they even have enough PC to charge this Chicago cop for any crime let alone conviction.
I feel sorry for all the cops out there that are trying to do their jobs, and protect the law abiding public, by putting their lives on the line every single day. Cops are treated like crap, and it is wrong!

Old 04-16-2021, 07:13 AM

21,945 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I don't understand why anti-cop crowd is using the age of this 13 year old boy for their narrative as if it's really matters.
Because all anything is to them is a means to an end. The end goal is to get cops to quit so they have fewer of them and to take away guns from as many people as possible so that they can do whatever they want without consequences. The 2nd Amendment had nothing to do with hunting. We are seeing it play out in real time what the reason for the Amendment was.

Obama started this dangerous game that is responsible for a lot of deaths when he trotted out Hadya Pendleton at his SOTU speech. She was a very bright girl who was caught in a gang shooting in Chicago. The goal is to get the legal guns.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:28 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I stay out of these debates on FB. Because of my race I’m supposed to think a certain way but I use common sense. I’ll just say this, so you mean to tell me that 0% of the blame should be placed on a 13 yr old out at 2:30am shooting at cars and running from the police? If I mention something like that then I’m called an Uncle Tom, Coon, Uncle Rukus, etc.

Then someone always comments and says “Wait till it’s your son!” I then usually say, “My son doesn’t roam the streets at 2:30 with a gun shooting at cars and then attempts to evade the cops!” But hey, what do I know? Ima a fake black. I’m not real black because I didn’t grow up in the hood and my parents have been married 40+ yrs.
No.

100% of the blame should be on the kid.

Also. I guess I'm a fake white because I did grow up in the hood with a single mother.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:30 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,700,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
If your 13-year-old kid is telling you that so he can wander around at 2:30AM - don’t believe him.

And if he further tells you ‘lots’ of fellow 13-year-olds are carrying guns when they are wandering around at 2:30 - don’t believe that either.
It is not normal for 13 year olds to be out at 2:30 am. It is not normal for most people to be out at 2:30 am. Most of the people that are out at 2:30 am are 20-30 somethings at bars or clubs. And that is a tiny amount of people as most bars close before that.

I live in Chicago, have for decades.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:44 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Same reason, Trump commuted Blago’s sentence?

The state has the distinction of having two former governors, one Republican and one Democrat, in prison at the same time.

There must be something in the water.
I think Mayor Daly (or was it Daley?) put it in the water.

All kidding aside the boy was missing for a few days, the mom didn't report it although she had reported him missing a few days before (he returned that time). She found out he had been shot a few days after he went missing. Sounds like not the best mom but maybe she just gave up on reporting him and could not control him.

Hard to tell but the video looks like he had his arm on the side away from the officer. It was dark and he probably thought he was reaching for the gun. The age of the poor kid should have nothing to do with the investigation into the shooting.
Sad all around.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:47 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
It’s not clear to me if the gun was still in his hand based on the video. If it was then I say the shooting was justified, but if he had ditched it in the bushes and had both hands up empty then I’d say it probably was not.
Maybe it wasn't clear to the officer also but he thought it was and had a split second to decide.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:23 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Maybe it wasn't clear to the officer also but he thought it was and had a split second to decide.
The thing is we are doing Monday morning quarterbacking. Like when we can see a holding call that the ref didn't catch. The ref is watching in real time with no idea on whats going to happen next. We are watching, pausing, rewinding, zooming in, and everything else and go all day to decide.

That cop couldn't replay the scene in his mind multiple times, slow it down, zoom in, rewind, etc. and thing decide to shoot or don't shoot. He has to make the decision right then in the fraction of a second. The wrong decision could cost him his life.

I love reading the comments on FB. "Well, if i slow it down and zoom in, I can clearly see he didn't have the gun anymore!". NO $%&# Sherlock. How about you try doing that in real time why running and possibly getting shot at.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:33 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
The part of the conversation that some folks don't want to have is...let's say this kid gets away.

How many 13, 14, 15 year olds etc. is he going to shoot dead before he gets caught?

This wasn't a kid out walking home from a friends house or snuck out to get a burger.

He was out trying to actively murder other young people in his community, where is that discussion?

Old 04-16-2021, 08:42 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The part of the conversation that some folks don't want to have is...let's say this kid gets away.

How many 13, 14, 15 year olds etc. is he going to shoot dead before he gets caught?

This wasn't a kid out walking home from a friends house or snuck out to get a burger.

He was out trying to actively murder other young people in his community, where is that discussion?
This discussion is completely missing from the progressive (aka most democrats these days) handbook. All that matters is color of skin. According to progressives, if you are black or another POC you should be immune from the law and allowed to do whatever you want. Furthermore, anyone who speaks out against such insanity is immediately labeled a racist or worse. Innocent people are hurt when the law can't do their jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies