Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 04:40 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spence...dates-n2589990

Well, this is surprising to nobody who has been paying attention for the past year, as long as they haven't been paying attention to the paid liars in the MSM and the Democrat Party.

As more and more ACTUAL science comes out along with the data we ALREADY know, those of us who knew all along that the COVID-19 response was purely political are being proven correct.

The overreaction was simply a means for the Democrats to change voting rules, mail out millions of ballots, and blame Trump for the pandemic. Unfortunately their plan succeeded at a cost of destroying millions of American lives. They got away with it.

The only study I need to see is what healthcare professionals who treat COVID-19 patients do. When they take of their masks in that setting then I will believe masks do not do anything. COMMON SENSE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 04:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
...If you had non-compliance, the masks weren’t working...
I think you meant to say "If you had non-compliance, the mandates weren't working."?

Old 05-28-2021, 05:03 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The only study I need to see is what healthcare professionals who treat COVID-19 patients do. When they take of their masks in that setting then I will believe masks do not do anything. COMMON SENSE!
I think you meant "take off." They are wearing very different masks from the colored paper diapers that the general public is wearing. Those masks do work, and they are often worn by medical professionals in non-Covid times. They are regularly exposed to large loads of infectious viruses.

Personally I favored masks last June and July as the first cracks of opening appeared, to create confidence in going out for people who were traumatized. Now, vaccines fulfill that function. If someone refuses to get vaxxed they have no right to insist that I wear a mask, since they can protect themselves.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:35 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
There is absolutely no question that masks have helped slow the spread of COVID, and perhaps even more importantly, the spread of all other airborne communicable disease. Those who insist otherwise are not thinking, but rather just embarrassing themselves by marching with their team like good soldiers.

A strong case could be made for continuing the mask requirement indefinitely for high density indoor public environments. I will continue to wear mine in such environments for the foreseeable future.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:41 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,980,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I read where the virtual absence of the seasonal flu (I, of course, got the flu shot as always), while we had horrifying numbers of Covid cases, proved that Covid 19 was much more contagious than the flu. Smaller Covid droplets, smaller number of Covid virus entering the system causing problems, etc.

As for the masks: of course, in 1918 people finally wised up to the fact that wearing a mask can decrease the spread of that Spanish (Kansas) flu. Not stop, of course, but decrease. As you said, if you wear the mask below the chin, it is not useful.
They figured out in 1918 that masks dont work -

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10....8.769108/full/

Quarantining and hygiene does though.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:45 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The ones who aren't brainwashed by the media and left wing politics are on my side.

I do remember that doctor in Africa who claimed covid could be prevented with vitamins. I am sure he was on your side. Of course he is dead now of covid. I have yet to say any doctors who get their health advice from the media or left wing politicians. I have seen a few who seem to get their advice from right wing talking heads. And not all of them are still alive today.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:43 AM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what doctors and nurses said on social media that it was a stupid, needless joke to wear masks in covid wards at their hospitals and actually got by with not doing it?
LOL! You must have been asleep for the past two years. The zit-faced Marxist censors on social media ban anyone with common sense including medical personnel.

Any doctor who thinks a cloth mask prevents viral spread is an imbecile.

Old 05-28-2021, 06:56 AM

8,154 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Even if I were to grant you that flu numbers plummeted in this country, there is no evidence on if thats due to masks or social distancing, and/or how much it's due to it.
There is nothing to "grant" me, facts are facts. Of course it's not just the masks, it's a combination of all Covid mitigation measures.

Old 05-28-2021, 07:09 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Who knows how many doctors would sharply disagree with you? After all, unlike you, they have to see sick people every day. Doctors probably also noticed far fewer cases of other contagious illnesses as well, such as strep throat.
There are scientists saying that the reason why colds and flu practically disappeared was due to covid crowding them out.

Quote:
When one virus comes into a community, others usually go away,” Katz said, explaining that one virus will crowd out the others.

That theory has also been used to explain why this year’s flu season has been nearly nonexistent, bypassing the nightmare scenario some feared if the flu and coronavirus spread simultaneously.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/childh...odox-brooklyn/

Pre covid studies on masks and the flu showed that did not work so I don’t know how it’s possible that they eliminated colds and flu.

Old 05-28-2021, 07:11 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Healthcare professionals treating covid patients were wearing n95 masks which are effective. Cloth and surgical masks aren’t doing much in terms of preventing the spread of a respiratory virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies