Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2021, 03:25 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times

Advertisements

and, btw,..

Zuckerberg's got more money than Trump! ....

Last edited by World Citizen; 07-07-2021 at 03:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 03:26 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
What rules were those? like telling the "truth" in political matters. If that's the case all Presidents and all politicians would be ban from social media. See the b.s. you Democrats create for your TDS?
Of course most, if not all, politicians lie. It's when the lies cause violence and lead to an insurrection of our government that's the problem. Big difference.

Old 07-07-2021, 03:29 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Free speech has its limits, as evidenced by Trump's lies and these companies' actions to not give him a platform.

So lies are selective for the media and the establishment. Obama can lie from Obamacare, drone strikes, illegal wars, and the massive illegal spying including the Flynn Water mess (which he lied on tv and media over and over) and he got to keep his accounts. Hell, the Obamas get book deals and the tv/radio tour and are treated like royalty but Trump has to be stop, he has to be ban.

The B.S. from the left. One time they were the champions of free speech and not so popular opinions but now they act like fascists.

Old 07-07-2021, 03:32 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
It's a class action lawsuit for 1st amendment rights for many people. I heard the tobacco company's lawyers will be their lawyers. I hear they stand a good chance. They are saying Facebook, Twitter and Google are publishers and publishers can be sued. Trump gave a news conference Wed. morning.
If Trump wins what a stick it to Twitter and Facebook and a big promotion for him.
You hear where?

Who is saying?

The first amendment does not apply to private companies where you agree to TOS.

956 posts, read 1,207,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I'm his base. Degreed, professional, successful and this class action will shake all the left popular wankers to their core. The word on the street says President Trump's legal team holds the winning hand.

Maybe I will put my washing machine on the porch so you'll feel more comfy insulting all of us?
Professional and money doesn't mean success. It's cute how you think Trump actually gives a crap about you and America. It's good having your head in the dirt and love being lied to. This lawsuit is a joke and Trump and his people know it. Nothing will come out of it.....Actually it will the donations coming in to pay Trump "legal fees" will siphon right to Trump's bank account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So lies are selective for the media and the establishment. Obama can lie from Obamacare, drone strikes, illegal wars, and the massive illegal spying including the Flynn Water mess (which he lied on tv and media over and over) and he got to keep his accounts. Hell, the Obamas get book deals and the tv/radio tour and are treated like royalty but Trump has to be stop, he has to be ban.

The B.S. from the left. One time they were the champions of free speech and not so popular opinions but now they act like fascists.
As far as I know what Obama said didn't lead to an insurrection on the Capitol. When that happens, get back to me.

BTW, nobody is stopping Trump from getting books deals, going on television, radio, doing rallies, etc.

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Well his team believes that they will.
His team is making a dog and pony show to fund-raise.

That being said, it's interesting to see the people in this thread who are suddenly clamoring for government to seize control of the means of production. There's a name for that, you know...

Old 07-07-2021, 03:33 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Free speech has its limits, as evidenced by Trump's lies and these companies' actions to not give him a platform.
I'm sorry your post has simply no basis in fact.

Old 07-07-2021, 03:34 PM

956 posts, read 1,207,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Trump is personally suing Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey with YOUR money. No skin off his teeth and no withdrawals from his bank account.
But he is providing another reason to engage his donors and be in the news.
Win/win for trump.
It is never really about the law, or an injustice or anything that is ethical. It is ALL about another way to raise more funds and have a cause, to scream and yell about and garner media attention.
This is all it is, but his base loves having their head in the dirt to make themselves feel good. It's always about hate and fear of the "others" His cult believes they are right and everyone else hates them and are lying to them.

Old 07-07-2021, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry your post has simply no basis in fact.
I'm not going to argue about the result of his lies, as some refuse to see it for what it is, including many in the GOP leadership.

The fact remains he is banned and hopefully will continue to be so. He's just trying to stir up his base at this point. His coffers must be dwindling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies