Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2021, 03:35 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,095,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
His team is making a dog and pony show to fund-raise.

That being said, it's interesting to see the people in this thread who are suddenly clamoring for government to seize control of the means of production. There's a name for that, you know...
Your two points are somewhat unsubstantiated. This issue upon courts will rule, you oughta know is very limited. Kind of a David v. Goliath....and; we all know how that turned out!

....it's going to be similar. Some would call it uh, uh, oh, I know....

Biblical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 03:46 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,562,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You hear where?

Who is saying?

The first amendment does not apply to private companies where you agree to TOS.
Why, it's the infamous Trump "some people" who are saying it...
(Which is usually just phantom voices in his old, addled, dusty excuse for a brain)

Old 07-07-2021, 03:47 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Good for him. I hope he's successful. He's a fighter and if anyone can make a difference it's Trump. Thanks Trump for doing this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1879762.html
Oh, I hope he does! That would be highly entertaining to watch. And since all three of them are sleazy people, I don't care who wins.

Old 07-07-2021, 03:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
The US congress were told about Facebook taking down (censoring) false information back during the Congressional hearing in 2018 but back then the GOP didn't care. Now that Facebook is fact checking and censoring, the GOP is outraged! Make up your minds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iCVn_JvOiQ

Old 07-07-2021, 03:49 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
and, btw,..

Zuckerberg's got more money than Trump! ....
And you know that infuriates the tiny hand toddler

Old 07-07-2021, 03:50 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,043,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And you know that infuriates the tiny hand toddler
can't rep you but

Old 07-07-2021, 03:51 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,099,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the first amendment argument has already been tried and failed multiple times challenging social media bans/suspensions. there's nothing currently put forth by trump to make one think the results will be any different

IMO this is just trump trying to stay in the spotlight, play to his core supporters and/or use as a contribution opportunity.

just a big slice of meh.
BINGO!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl
As usual, Trump is actually doing something to defend our freedoms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
your asking the government to step in and force a private entity to publish something they chose not to.

you've got the freedom thing a little jumbled.
Exactly Wrecking ball!

Old 07-07-2021, 03:54 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
What rules were those?
Every social media site has Terms of Service, which we all agree to when we join the site. You agreed to Terms of Service when you registered on City-Data, and on any other social media/internet site you have have joined.

If you violate those Terms of Service, the social media site has the option to kick you out.

Amazing that this has to be explained to some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Kind of a David v. Goliath.
LMAO. I'll assume you're equating Trump with David, which is hilarious if not ironic.

Old 07-07-2021, 03:55 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times
It's nothing but another fundraiser where "billionaire" Trump is using simpletons on the far right to bail him out of financial trouble. He won't pay these lawyers either.

Sadly there seem to be plenty willing to keep sending him money. I doubt they're all lounging around the pool and links while waiting for the cash to roll in likeTrump is.

Last edited by maciesmom; 07-07-2021 at 04:52 PM..

Old 07-07-2021, 03:57 PM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Trump is still fighting for us and America. He's still standing up for us in fighting the lefties crap.
Trump may be a fighter, but he's an ineffective fighter. His bark is always louder than his bite.

I don't think he stands much of a chance of winning. There's too much settled law that defends private property, and that's the issue here, not free speech.
If Zuckerberg loses his right to control his own property as he sees fit, then so will you and I. And Trump, too.

Who's going to be willing to defend a former President who's an insurrectionist? No one with a reputation to protect, I'm sure, especially when the insurrectionist is a well-known deadbeat who won't pay his bills.

Zuckerberg and Dorsey both pay theirs, and the have everything they need to hire the best lawyers available. I expect that if Trump's suit ever actually happens, he will be slammed instantly by a counter-suit that will make his head spin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies