Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 12:55 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times

Advertisements

I'm not a FOX viewer generally. I am a Trump despiser, voted for Biden. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to hear such a disconnect between what is happening on the ground and Biden's recitation of alternative facts. That's Trumpian - lie to your face.

Which again make me wonder if Biden really KNOWS anything about what is happening.

All he needs to do is turn on the TV.

FOX right now has Jennifer Griffin who was a correspondent in that area - her commentary is frightening beyond belief.

And Biden hears none of this.

All the weaponry left behind - who made that decision - apparently Taliban is now in possession of advanced communication equipment which the Russians would love to get their hands on - her words. Not to mention the vehicles, armaments, aircraft.

We have met the enemy and it is us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 12:57 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I believe you, but I'm wondering who confirmed that? The White House?
The White House reported it 3 days ago. It was on the major news sites, including those in the UK. Had it been a lie, Boris Johnson or his staff, I think, could have easily denied that. They apparently discussed:

The pair discussed the "need for continued close coordination among allies and democratic partners," and agreed to hold a virtual G7 leaders’ meeting next week to discuss a common strategy and approach.

Old 08-20-2021, 12:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I have to agree with you, that poster wants a minimum of 2_500 soldiers to remain there and has stated so in previous posts. If you bring up valid points they are ignored and the response instead....is of how terrorism hasn't been defeated.
Exactly.

His argument is circular with the purpose of attacking Biden, not actually because he wants the troops to leave safely. He has actually argued they should stay, at least following his logic.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:03 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,946,605 times
I am more worried about China invasion of Taiwan and North Korea testing rockets.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:05 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I didn't say I was satisfied. Someone posted here that he hasn't talked to ANY world leaders since Afghan fell. I believed that. I then watched his speech. He stated the 3 leaders he has talked to in the last few days. I came here to post that because, as we all should (and most do), it's important to come here and try to counteract the massive amounts of BS posted here every minute.

Once I posted that he said he talked to 3 world leaders (which, of course, might be a big fat lie in and of itself), I got one reply with the three stooges on it (so obviously some smart person here didn't like conflicting information) and the next comments were whining about how it's not good enough. Talk about moving the goal posts.
Fast moving. As of Tuesday, the WH reported Biden hadn't spoken to any foreign leaders. Now and then old info is mistakenly offered as up-to-date.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
The White House reported it 3 days ago. It was on the major news sites, including those in the UK. Had it been a lie, Boris Johnson or his staff, I think, could have easily denied that. They apparently discussed:

The pair discussed the "need for continued close coordination among allies and democratic partners," and agreed to hold a virtual G7 leaders’ meeting next week to discuss a common strategy and approach.
Thanks, Christine. It certainly sounds legit if it was reported in the UK and nobody has disputed it.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:09 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

All the weaponry left behind - who made that decision - apparently Taliban is now in possession of advanced communication equipment which the Russians would love to get their hands on - her words. Not to mention the vehicles, armaments, aircraft.

I will carefully say this. I work in the area of "security assistance" and involved into what the U.S. gives to countries needing our assistance. It's *never* any technology such as the kind that "the Russians would love to get their hands on." That's not allowed to be sold. Ever. The things they have in their possession are items to help them defend themselves, not the sort of strategic warfighting sophistication that the U.S. and certain allies have access to. That's not saying that this stuff is not dangerous to us or others in the wrong hands--it is. Guns, ammo, night vision, etc...but there's no cache of super sensitive special military equipment that you are being led to believe we left behind. It's not allowed to be sold.

From this article:https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...st-2021-08-19/

Quote:
Retired U.S. Army General Joseph Votel, who oversaw U.S. military operations in Afghanistan as head of U.S. Central Command from 2016 to 2019, said most of the high-end hardware captured by the Taliban, including the aircraft, was not equipped with sensitive U.S. technology.
AND

Quote:
One of the U.S. officials said it was not likely China would gain much, because Beijing likely already has access to the weapons and equipment.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:10 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I'm not a FOX viewer generally. I am a Trump despiser, voted for Biden. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to hear such a disconnect between what is happening on the ground and Biden's recitation of alternative facts. That's Trumpian - lie to your face.

Which again make me wonder if Biden really KNOWS anything about what is happening.

All he needs to do is turn on the TV.

FOX right now has Jennifer Griffin who was a correspondent in that area - her commentary is frightening beyond belief.

And Biden hears none of this.

You've got to be kidding!

Old 08-20-2021, 01:16 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
A lot of people are talking about how the US failed and now looks weak. But I want to point out that the US is powerful and victorious when it sticks to its own business.

In 1941, we were attacked on our own soil. For the next 4 years we fought until Japan was on her knees. It would be 60 years before anyone attacked us on our own soil.

That happened in 2001. Where is Al Qaeda today? Al Qaeda is gone, and it's leaders are all dead. Same with ISIS. The lesson is simple - if you attack America, we will destroy you.

On the other hand, the North Koreans, the Vietnamese, the Iraqis and the Taliban never attacked us. The US tried to impose our will on those countries. That never works out. Can we finally learn this lesson? Our military is for defense, not conquest and not nation-building.
I agree. Let’s not keep making the same mistakes over and over. Then again, these “mistakes” make certain well-connected people and businesses very rich, so you can bet it will keep happening.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:18 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
America has got to get out of the nation building racket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies