Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2021, 05:19 AM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
President Trump has come out and stated that he would have gotten all the American civilians out first. Of course, it’s easy to say that when you’re not in charge. But, I believe him. He couldn’t have done it any worse than President Biden.
Yes of course you believe him, how does he get all the civilians out first with no Afghan government or military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 05:37 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
I get more sense from visiting my auntie in a care home than from this man.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:37 AM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
1. Biden broke that agreement.

2. Trump's agreement was made in February 2020. Biden literally campaigned saying he was the one to put your faith in to get it done and he had 14 months to make plans for that deadline. Then he extended giving himself more months.

3. Biden removed foreign contractors which crippled and grounded the Afghan air force.

4. Biden killed off the crisis response team, which was a dunce move to do before the withdrawal.

5. Biden Ignored our biggest ally's prime minister who called repeatedly for 36 hours, because he was on vacay and too busy with naps and ice cream snacks.

6. Biden has repeatedly fed the country inaccurate information, too much to easily count. Is he lying? Senile? Kept out of the loop?

7. Biden had in July said that the withdrawal was all his. Shifting the praise to him for getting it done away from Trump when he thought it would go well.

8. Kamala bragged that she played a key role in making decisions on the withdrawal, also before it went south.

9. Biden has generally avoided open forums where press can ask him pointed questions on his failures with this.

10. Tried to go back on vacay, until public opinion put a stop to it.

11. Woke General Milley is reportedly very frustrated with Biden.

12. He has not encouraged confidence, certainly not with the British parliament that held him in contempt.

13. His administration was going to charge each American evacuated $2,000 a head so a family of 5 would get charged $10K and Afghans nothing. Not a good look. Public opinion put a stop to it.

14. China and Russia are watching Biden closely.

Trump hasn't been president for 7 months and Biden literally campaigned on getting this specific withdrawal done.

Orange man bad, (D) good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
All vague claims with little substance, he only delayed the evacuation to August and the contractors are still there, who do you think we are evacuating. Why weren't the Taliban forced to meet with the Afghans before they signed the peace agreement.
Which specific points are you claiming aren't legit?

Since you will likely be vague, let's just start in order 1 by 1.

1. Biden broke the agreement.

The UN Security Council unanimously approved of Trump's February 2020 deal with the Taliban for a May 2021 withdrawal. The Taliban stopped launching major offensives and no American soldiers were killed after the agreement was reached in February 2020.

Biden then, who campaigned on being the best one to get us out, changed the deadline by 4 months unilaterally without the Taliban and without a clear reason for doing so other than to leave on 9-11 for symbolism.

Changing the terms unilaterally is in fact breaking the deal.

https://freetelegraph.com/mike-pence...h-the-taliban/

Ready for my point #2?

P.S. Democrats are supposed to be woke and so understanding of other cultures. Democrats can't see how arrogant it looks to other cultures to have the US unilaterally break an agreement to meet a superficial goal of being out on 9-11?

Old 08-22-2021, 06:41 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
I can't read 482 pages or even 1 page here because there's only one word needed to describe the situation.

DEBACLE

Old 08-22-2021, 07:00 AM

1,517 posts, read 541,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
So? Isn't this what all Right wing americans have wanted for years? Seems like you should be thanking Biden.

Yep, 'Merica first!

Old 08-22-2021, 07:07 AM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Saigon, Benghazi, Iran hostage crises, and Katrina rolled into one.
You forgot January 6th. I would pile that onto the others. Unforced errors I call them.

Biden is a stubborn demented old man. He is not capable of thinking on the fly when situations warrant. He should not be in the white house.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:30 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I don’t believe any other President would, Biden didn’t care. I remember when two young women who were missionaries were imprisoned in Afghanistan and they were rescued.
"Prisoners of Hope"
https://www.amazon.com/Prisoners-Hop.../dp/1578566460

It's a nice read. I was about half way, three quarters through 5 years ago when I moved and the book got misplaced.......but I remember it like it was last spring.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 08-22-2021 at 07:42 AM..

Old 08-22-2021, 07:33 AM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Yes of course you believe him, how does he get all the civilians out first with no Afghan government or military.
For the hundredeth time, it's called NEO....it happens before the US Military leaves. The military does not leave and then say, oh **** we forgot all the civillians.....

It's a fairly simple processs, why is it so hard to understand.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:41 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
By simply following normal planning protocols. Not complicated. Except for Joe.

Old 08-22-2021, 07:48 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Again, Joe Biden’s schedule today is “give remarks then go to Delaware”.

He keeps trying to get the hell out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies