Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 02:39 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,350,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I agree, as well as 95% of the country.
The vast majority of Americans wanted out. It is truly sad to see the suffering the Taliban has inflicted. Those scenes are haunting. But the painful decision to leave at some point has to be made.

I am glad Mr Biden is shouldering that responsibility as the leader of our great nation. It was a decision none of his predecessors could make. It was a difficult decision and he will take heat for it. But he will take the heat for our brave men and women serving in the region.

Thank you Mr. President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

25,461 posts, read 9,840,310 times
Those who like Biden still like him. Those who dislike or hate him still dislike or hate him. But he gave a good speech and took responsibility for his actions, which is more than I can say for the last guy.

21,961 posts, read 9,552,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Whether you love President Biden or you hate him because he beat the other guy, you have to respect that speech he gave.

He was powerful. He was decisive. He was a leader.

The war in Afghanistan has no resolution. We all know it. President Biden made the executive decision to exit the war as he promised in the campaign, a war that went on 20 years too long. He vowed to extricate our brave men and women from a 20-year civil conflict and he kept his promise.

He knows his decision will be criticized. He knows the decision was far from perfect. But he is the leader of the United States and he promised to deliver our troops from the Afghan’s civil conflict. He did.

It is so nice to actually hear a leader who will take responsibility for his actions. Love him or hate him, agree with his decision or not, he is our President and today he showed us the kind of leadership that was missing in the last administration.

What a breath of fresh air for America.

Excellent speech Mr. President.
You watched a different speech than I did.

25,884 posts, read 18,912,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They are because the chant doesn't mean what you think.

Many people who say "Death to America" also love America.
Black is white and white is black. That's one of the leftist scriptures. I'm glad you are staying true to your religion even though it is such a glaring logical fallacy that it garners howls of laughter from... well... others (I'm being kind here).

I think you should prove your point, though. Go ahead and find the worst, most violent, highest-death-rate ghetto in the US, take a stroll through there at about two AM with a lot of gold jewelry and an expensive suit with a bullseye on the back. And don't forget the Uncle Sam top hat with the flashing red, white, and blue LED light. When a group of thugs come around the corner with switchblades, daggers, and 9mm's saying, "We gonna cut you up, boy," just stick out your hand and say, "I think you mean you want to shake my hand, right?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't we all say 'Death to my children!' even though we love them?
What? You mean you don't do that??? WTH?

Old 08-16-2021, 02:40 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,274,207 times
Yup. There was never any other option. Stay in a forever war or have it taken over by tyrants. Push comes to shove it will end in another war of destruction but we'll play that by ear.

We can't control other Nations without conquering and taking them over permanently, which is another option.

7,029 posts, read 2,733,581 times
When the airport is overrun and the ambassador is beheaded, will Biden take responsibility for that????

16,761 posts, read 8,234,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Shows what a liberal bubble you live in. This will be a cinder block around Biden's neck for years.
Not when our troops are no longer there.

It will be over.

40 posts, read 14,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Conceived by Trump, bungled by Biden.

Ya like Trump releasing 5000 prisons as part of a so called peace deal (They broke this peace deal a month later) with the Taliban? I Bet those 5000 taliban prisoners are dancing in Kabul.

19,853 posts, read 9,418,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I agree, as well as 95% of the country.
And I thought the OP was funny! YOU are hilarious!!!

20,168 posts, read 9,073,720 times
Is this the type of withdrawal Biden planned? The airport is sheer chaos, people are hanging off of airplanes it's an ongoing riot, choppers racing in and out of the city.

Nice job Joe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies