Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2021, 07:12 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Biden took over in January. Blaming Trump is no way to be a Biden cheerleader.
I was pointing out to the poster that Trump allowed the Taliban to dictate the terms of the peace agreement without the Afghan Government, but nice deflection to Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are assuming every president was going to behave as Biden has.

Biden crippled the Afghan militarily and appeased the Taliban, his actions were erratic.

Trump's plan was to have been fully supporting the government and military while processing visas and sending Afghana and Americans home.
How did Biden cripple the Afghan military.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
TRANSLATION: "OMG.! I heard just the first few seconds of this and ran away screaming when I realized you were attempting to expose me to the truth.! Don't you ever again try to expose a left wing hack to the truth, it could cause irreparable damage. I'm not sure I will ever recover"
So is that supposed to be what passes as meaningful debate.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And yet we were in control, for the first time in 20 years, we went 18 months without a single US casualty from the Taliban. Under Biden it is very, very bad. You just shut your ears to the truth
Yes we went for 18 months without a casualty as the Taliban slowed took over the country, I guess that is some sort of victory. They took over Kabul without a shot being fired. Great success story that there were no casualties as Afghanistan fell apart.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkerden View Post
You know what is sadder? All the lives needlessly lost throughout the entire time we occupied Afghanistan…
You know what's even sadder? All the lives needlessly lost throughout our history because of war.

Now let's get back on topic.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:22 PM

8,156 posts, read 3,680,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You know what's even sadder? All the lives needlessly lost throughout our history because of war.

Now let's get back on topic.
It was exactly on topic, but somehow you did not get it.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:24 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsJT03nrclI

Old 08-27-2021, 07:25 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Why did Obama release 75% of those being held in Gitmo, including the guy currently taking charge in Afghanistan?

To quote one of our other lying politicians: "What difference does it make?"

Stick to the topic of the thread, John. Focus on the events of the past week. That's the discussion the rest of us were having. Otherwise, start a thread asking your question and I'm sure people will chime in.
Releasing 5000 Taliban prisoners and then experiencing a terrorist attack at the the airport is germane to this thread, one of those released Taliban prisoners....could have been the suicide bomber....that is not beyond possibility....and is current.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:28 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
well, when you have your very top chain of command (that's POTUS/CiC) doesn't want to accept the responsibility, you have nowhere else to go except for social media
At yesterday's news conference, I clearly heard Biden say he takes complete responsibility for recent events in Afghanistan.

The marine in this story was not demanding Biden take accountability, but rather the top generals who advise him.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:28 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,799,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
This isn't a story. It is a guest essay submitted by Afghan Commander Sami Sadat (not fabricated by a ghost writer at the NYT), supported by numerous TV interviews over the past few days with former military who served with the Afghan Army. Even FOX News, Bret Baier and others, saying we should never have withdrawn from Afghanistan, that Trump's Doha Agreement undermined the Afghan government and the Afghan army, that leaving Afghanistan made our country less secure.

There is no apologizing for the Trump stupidity at Doha and the subsequent systematic erosion of the Afghan government unleashed by this agreement.

Biden's stupidity was in continuing that wrecking ball policy - and refusal to believe his military people when he was told withdrawal was unwise. The chaos of the withdrawal is a direct result of failure to heed the military who told him not to withdraw at all.

Doha should have been torn up. We should have remained in Afghanistan. Because of Doha, Afghanistan has fallen, and al-Qaeda and terrorism have new life.
It's an opinion piece. It can still not be fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
As a teacher I am back to work and had to deal with teachers making excuses for Biden and 3 woke people this week.

One woke student told me that North Korea is impoverished because of white supremacy and systemic racism. It looked like I was offending her when I politely responded that perhaps North Korea is poor because they have a tyrannical government that doesn't protect rights of people, while South Korea does protect rights of people and is prosperous.
Oh wow. That's disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Names released of deceased so far, all so young....
  • Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum, 20, Jackson, Wyo.
  • Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jared Schmitz, 20, of Wentzville, Mo.
  • Marine Corps Lance Cpl. David Espinoza, 20, of Rio Bravo, Tex.
  • Navy Hospital Corpsman Max Soviak, of Berlin Heights, Ohio
  • Marine Corps Cpl. Hunter Lopez, 22, of Riverside County, Calif.
  • Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Kareem Nikoui, 20, of Norco, Calif.
  • Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Taylor Hoover, 31, of Utah
  • Marine Corps Cpl. Daegan William-Tyeler Page, 23, of Omaha
Please wait for the official release from the DOD. I am so upset for these families that the media has gotten ahold of their names and pushed them out. The time between notification and the name being released to the public is like a calm before your phone goes crazy again. It also helps you to recharge your batteries to an extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies