Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 09:18 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,460,293 times

Advertisements

I dislike Biden, I did not vote for him. He has proven my judgment wrong.

I know passions are heated, but I ask you take a step back. In Afghanistan (for twenty years) under US occupation allied warlords were given young boys to rape and woman lived under customary arranged marriages.

The current members of the female population that will be inconvenienced is a tiny sliver of middle class women completely unrepresentative of the general female population.

Biden is the first president to stand resolutely against the war, and he has been punished by the media. The media never questioned the dozens of troops dying in Afghanistan due to the occupation, nor did they show the suffering of women and children under our allied war lords.

The disintegration of the Afghan state is a sign of the twenty year failure, the promoters of the war should be humiliated, instead they are emboldened.

The 'humanitarian' groups that utterly failed and the corporate interests dedicated to war are pouncing on this issue for more power, and neoconservatives are lurching back into the republican party.

But what did Biden do wrong? End the suffering and the betrayal of the American people? We were losing ground before the withdrawal, the Taliban were gaining power anyways. What could he have done different? The US Embassy advised all US people to leave the country beforehand, they ignored the advisory. They did not leave on their own accord.

If Biden had enforced an evacuation he would be blamed for the fall of Kabul. It would be said he demoralized the Afghan army. And now our NATO allies as well are pinning the blame on Biden because they have piggybacked on US imperialism for too long. They could have kept a troop presence, but they didn't, they wanted American tax payers to fit the bill.

Thousands of people have been evacuated compared to zero in Saigon. Do not fall for the lies of the Europeans, Non-profits, and corporate media. This failure is on them, Biden is the first president to stand unfaltering against the grift.

Do not attack him for this. For the border or anything else, fine, but not this. Do not be used by these globalist interlopers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 09:26 PM

417 posts, read 247,841 times
I don't know where to start....... IT'S NOT THE WITHDRAWAL, IT'S THE WAY IT WAS HANDLED..... There... I said it...... For the hundredth time now..... Okay..... Rant over..... Blood pressure going down as we speak......

Seriously?

Old 08-26-2021, 09:30 PM

798 posts, read 505,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Your last point is something I have always been curious about. I really am curious what goes on behind the scenes that makes us back off of Pakistan. At one point Trump was extremely critical of Pakistan for a while but it seemed like he backed off a little, but he was atleast aware pakistan was one of the major issues we were having in Afghanistan. We give them billions in aid.... it is ridiculous.

Whenever the Taliban were getting beat down they would retreat into Pakistan and regroup. Trump threated to follow them there but never did. Maybe Reagan would have?

Looking back at it part of it was Trump was heavily involved in dealing with Pakistan to resolve Afghanistan conflict. Biden Never bothered to deal with Pakistan, which shows how inept this entire withdraw process was under his watch.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...akistan-reset/

Good article for those who wish to know more. Seriously read that and see how Trump was handling Afghanistan and compare it to biden who did not even talk to them, what a failure by this administration.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:31 PM

6,214 posts, read 3,422,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

I know passions are heated, but I ask you take a step back. In Afghanistan (for twenty years) under US occupation allied warlords were given young boys to rape and woman lived under customary arranged marriages.

The current members of the female population that will be inconvenienced is a tiny sliver of middle class women completely unrepresentative of the general female population.

Biden is the first president to stand resolutely against the war, and he has been punished by the media. The media never questioned the dozens of troops dying in Afghanistan due to the occupation, nor did they show the suffering of women and children under our allied war lords.

The disintegration of the Afghan state is a sign of the twenty year failure, the promoters of the war should be humiliated, instead they are emboldened.

The 'humanitarian' groups that utterly failed and the corporate interests dedicated to war are pouncing on this issue for more power, and neoconservatives are lurching back into the republican party.

But what did Biden do wrong? End the suffering and the betrayal of the American people? We were losing ground before the withdrawal, the Taliban were gaining power anyways. What could he have done different? The US Embassy advised all US people to leave the country beforehand, they ignored the advisory. They did not leave on their own accord.

If Biden had enforced an evacuation he would be blamed for the fall of Kabul. It would be said he demoralized the Afghan army. And now our NATO allies as well are pinning the blame on Biden because they have piggybacked on US imperialism for too long. They could have kept a troop presence, but they didn't, they wanted American tax payers to fit the bill.

Thousands of people have been evacuated compared to zero in Saigon. Do not fall for the lies of the Europeans, Non-profits, and corporate media. This failure is on them, Biden is the first president to stand unfaltering against the grift.

Do not attack him for this. For the border or anything else, fine, but not this. Do not be used by these globalist interlopers.
You are absolutely clueless if this is your true assessment of the situation.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:33 PM

19,744 posts, read 10,178,060 times
Retreating armies always destroy or at least disable all weapons left behind. But in Biden's retreat we left behind 200 aircraft, 70,000 vehicles and 600,000 weapons. What an idiot.

4,344 posts, read 5,809,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

Care to say that directly to the new Gold Star family members?

This is ALL on Biden. He's voted for it and is a damn idiot.

17,771 posts, read 7,008,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Any idiot can see allowing the enemy to surround your airport, after allowing them to take possession of many weapons, while attempting to evacuate civilians, is a big mistake. Our troops and those at the airport are sitting ducks if the enemy all around them want to attack. I worry about some of those weapons being turned on the troop transport planes when they fully pull out.
Yet there is no shortage of people willing to defend this traitorous imbecile.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:34 PM

15,905 posts, read 6,610,796 times
I'll give him a C+ grade. I agree with the withdrawal in principle, but it needed more attention to detail.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:35 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,775,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
I don't know where to start....... IT'S NOT THE WITHDRAWAL, IT'S THE WAY IT WAS HANDLED..... There... I said it...... For the hundredth time now..... Okay..... Rant over..... Blood pressure going down as we speak......

Seriously?
This^^^

Old 08-26-2021, 09:35 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post

Seriously?
That is not where the argument is going. The media, the Europeans, and the non-profits are saying we betrayed the Afghan people.

If we did it was because of the initial war. The US already had warned citizens to leave, they chose to ignore the warning. There is nothing else we could have done besides force an evacuation previous to the withdrawal of troops which would have caused the 'experts' to blame the evacuation for the fall of Kabul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies