Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 10:13 AM

21,944 posts, read 9,513,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Fear does make people awfully angry.
Yeah, like when the Nazis were shipping Jews to camps and the fearful people helped them.

18,549 posts, read 15,593,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
How does it benefit the govt or media if we ever "go back to normal?"

It doesn't.

Therefore, there will be no "going back to normal" even if we get to a 99% vaccinated rate.

"Normal" does not benefit those making money and gaining control from this pandemic....hello.
The stock market TANKS when investors realize people are not acting "normally". The powers that be have every reason to try to restore relative normalcy.

88 posts, read 86,889 times
There's a FB post out there saying "You eat hot dogs and luncheon meat but too scared to take the vaccine.You must be some kind of stupid"
I'm thinking it's stupid to put an experimental drug in your body....never tested on animals and no idea about long range effects.
No thanks.I take vit A,C,D and zinc,socially distance and don't go to any inside gatherings.I'll roll the dice,thanks

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
"Self interest" won't cut it in a pandemic, to deal with a CONTAGIOUS disease.

Your "choices" are not just about yourself.

Or as Arnold says....."scr*w your freedom"

LOL

Old 08-26-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I dislike those people you speak of. I cringe at the ones who put little banners on their FB profile that they are fully vaccinated, some even with "You're Welcome" on them.

I'm vaccinated. Did it for myself and no one else and really don't care what others choose to do.

On the other end of the spectrum, I dislike the people who peddle in proven falsehoods and conspiracies as to why I'm a braindead zombie for being "conned" into getting vaccinated.

As in every controversy such as this, it comes from both sides.
I honestly can't disagree with this but I do generally find the left more hateful. Because I think there are far fewer people who are anti CV vaccine on those boards.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
TBH I think deep down, they don't trust the vaccines bc they were brought to market under Trump. If the vaccines were conclusively effective, other people's vaccination status is pretty much irrelevant.

I only see one side of the debate attempting to force their will on others while the majority of the other side appears to be 'leave me alone'. There are nutjobs on both sides, but that seems to be the general consensus IME.
Didn't Joe Biden and Kamala SAY they didn't trust them before the election?

Old 08-26-2021, 10:18 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Mandates are for the slow people. I hate slow people universally. Smart people take action before they are forced to do so.
The second mouse gets the cheese!

When the train pulls up, you'll jump right in with a smug look on your face too! ....For the "greater good"!

Old 08-26-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Have you seen the massive co-ordinated social media campaign by Anti Vax people to spread confirmed lies. With the intention of misleading people to join their conspiracies? Agreed they are nutjobs, but it sure isn't isolated.

Agree the other extreme is equally active and often rude.

The leave me alone crew are the people in the middle.
The massive get vaxxed campaign is much larger, I assure you. Big tech, media, politicians, coercing them into it. Not even close, my friend.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:20 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
All those who refuse to get vaccinated need to be isolated for the survival of humanity, on a small island in Alaska for the duration. They can prove their foolish stubbornness from there.
maybe we just ship off anyone who needs hospitalization to Alaska. Anybody over 65 that tests positive (though I'm guessing most would just recuperate/die at home).

We've moved > 80K in 7 days under extreme conditions limiting efficiency.

There's 125K in the hospital now (25K are ICU's). Shouldn't take more than 7 days.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:24 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Here's my stance on it. I'm vaccinated primarily because my family got COVIDS last year and my wife had a devastating time trying to get through it and it took her months to recover. The physical and mental horrors that we went through were very hard on our family. Then her dad got it, and he almost passed. Then my cousin and her husband at the other end of the state got it and her husband passed away.

I do believe that everyone should get vaccinated, however I don't hold anyone who doesn't share my belief in contempt. I think that there's justification to why people are hesitant given the lack of trust of the Government right now and the current barrage of conflicting information out there that we are supposed to wade through to make a decision. Couple that with people trying to polarize us instead of work to unify us and we have a perfect storm.

I try to remember that it's a dynamic situation. Our decisions are driven a lot by personal experience and for those who haven't had a negative experience with the virus your viewpoint on the vaccine and the virus in general may absolutely be different than mine.

We would be a lot better off if we could have conversations that include a little more understanding from both sides instead of immediately assuming that if you don't pick a side, you're the enemy. The enemy is the virus, not the people. Just because politics tend to be a two party system with us versus them doesn't mean this situation should be.

For those who are vaccinated, you're doing the world a disservice by chastising anyone who has a different point of view. The same holds true for the unvaccinated. There's too much of an effort to simply try to disprove anyone who doesn't agree with a certain point of view (in my opinion, to make someone feel better about their own decision), instead of trying to find a real solution. When you attempt to dismiss another's viewpoint without actually listening to it, they shut down and dig in their heels. You can forget convincing anyone else to get the vaccine with that frame of mind.
you are making way too much sense.

There are too many people completely unwilling to "hear" the other side. There are just as many who don't understand that what is needed is a way to encourage rather than insult and threaten those who haven't been vaxxed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies