Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2021, 06:20 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times

Advertisements

Because social media told them to.

Old 08-27-2021, 06:26 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Their body their choice.

It’s a simple concept that liberals don’t seem to understand anymore, and only want to apply to abortion.

Most blacks are not vaccinated so it’s hilarious to see the Jim Crow era policies liberals are ready to put back in place.

Liberal logic:
ID to vote: discriminatory
Vaccine ID passport to get groceries: not discriminatory
I can still see both sides of it. I don't agree with the my body my choice mantra on abortion because they are taking another life that has no say so in whether they live or not.

I think we have to evaluate the risk associated with those who don't get vaccinated versus those who do. I am on the fence with my body my choice on the vaccine. On the one hand, IF studies are true that vaccinated people run a lower risk of hospitalization and death it should make sense that people would want to be vaccinated. IF it's true that vaccines could eventually reduce the efficacy of the virus, it would make even more sense that everyone who could get vaccinated would choose to do so, if for no other reason than to help protect our fellow citizens who cannot get vaccinated. On the other hand, IF we find out that the vaccines cause more harm than good then we have opened ourselves up for problems in the future.

However, those are both big IFs and I am in no position to demand that anyone get it, nor do I think it should be mandated.

I do think that people should stop attempting to force compliance and should stop chastising unvaccinated people for their views. I also think at the same time that unvaccinated people should a)stop the spread of information such as trying to self-medicate by taking Ivermectin purchased from farm stores until more studies have been done to prove effectiveness and b)stop taking the hard stance that the current approve vaccines are inherently unsafe or ineffective without doing more research.

We are not doctors nor immunologists and social media, mainstream media, internet forums, etc... is no place to get medical advice. Ask your doctor and follow their advice. That's the best decision that any of us could make given what little non-conflicting information that we can find.

Unpopular opinions I'm sure since I am conservative by nature, but my stance nonetheless.

We have complete polarization between two camps of thought and I believe that some time in the future, with the benefit of hindsight and more experience, we will find that the facts lie somewhere in the middle. There's going to come a day where we realize that neither side was completely right or wrong. At that point, sides don't even matter. What I do believe though is that more lives will be lost than necessary because we all can't get along long enough to listen.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:02 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
Is there a liberal government official that has proposed such on a bill or is there any executive order around it?
No, it's just a conservative's wet dream.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:05 AM

52,215 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Fear does make people awfully angry.
Fear mongering in the mass media most certainly does not help things, particularly when there is an agenda at play.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:15 AM

1,952 posts, read 827,945 times
The pro vaccine people are completely naive as to believe that if a certain percentage of people get the shot...the govt will just magically allow everything to go back to normal.

Imagine being that gullible......

Old 08-27-2021, 08:16 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,362,327 times
Well..if you have 95 green marbles and 5 red marbles but you insist most of your marbles are red, you are either blind or a mental case.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:26 AM

831 posts, read 332,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Just going by what I’ve read on here, my FB and other comments.
Pro vaccine people talk about getting the vaccine to keep everyone safe. To protect themselves, family, friends, coworkers. Yet are nasty to anyone who questions the vaccine or get sick and aren’t vaccinated. I’ve read people call if Karma. Saying they should be denied medical treatment. Wishing harm or death on unvaccinated people. Calling them murders. You’re supposed to be the “good” people who care about all yet can say such awful things?
Because 99% of the pro vaxxers are mini dictators and want it literally FORCED on everyone. They can try but they will be injecting my dead body and once I die my wife will be right there fighting as well. Keep that crap away from our family.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:35 AM

1,150 posts, read 614,495 times
Quote:
Pro vaccine people talk about getting the vaccine to keep everyone safe. To protect themselves, family, friends, coworkers. Yet are nasty to anyone who questions the vaccine or get sick and aren’t vaccinated. I’ve read people call if Karma. Saying they should be denied medical treatment. Wishing harm or death on unvaccinated people. Calling them murders. You’re supposed to be the “good” people who care about all yet can say such awful things?
Whether you are for it, or against it, that's your right, just don't shove it in my face. Same goes for your political affiliation, or if you're pro-life, or pro-BLM etc.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:39 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Quote:
Pro vaccine people talk about getting the vaccine to keep everyone safe. To protect themselves, family, friends, coworkers. Yet are nasty to anyone who questions the vaccine or get sick and aren’t vaccinated. ...
I think people are just frustrated.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:41 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
Because 99% of the pro vaxxers are mini dictators and want it literally FORCED on everyone. ...
I have never yet seen that.

But I do see that you want to believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies