Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2021, 05:08 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Tell me now, do you think your right to "liberty" by not wearing a mask should infringe on my right to "life" by choosing to wear a mask. That major inconvenience outweighs the minor inconvenience of you having to give up some liberty for me to live.

straight up hyperbole for a virus that has a 99% survival rate.

Now, PP on the other hand murders babies that had a right to live.

Hope you have the same position on a babys right to live to avoid hypocrisy on your part.

Old 08-27-2021, 05:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
straight up hyperbole for a virus that has a 99% survival rate.

Now, PP on the other hand murders babies that had a right to live.

Hope you have the same position on a babys right to live to avoid hypocrisy on your part.
Covid is proving to cause longer-term effects so quality of life effected, therefore my life is impacted despite it having a 99% survival rate. Stop being obtuse.

Old 08-27-2021, 05:20 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
Tell me now, do you think your right to "liberty" by not wearing a mask should infringe on my right to "life" by choosing to wear a mask. That major inconvenience outweighs the minor inconvenience of you having to give up some liberty for me to live.
It doesn't. If the baseline risk of exposure is unacceptable to you, it's on you to mitigate it. Nobody else.

You are exposed to harmful substances every time you breathe, and yes, some that have been placed there by other people.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:04 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,936,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Wrong. You're not even close. One team (pro -vaxx) would use violence to compel the other,where as the other would not.
Ill also say that the call for the use of violence by team pro-vaxx is its mainstream thought (its not considered zealotry)
I have yet to see anyone use violence to compel someone to get a vaccine - what are you talking about? I have heard many incidents of people reacting with violence when they were told to wear a mask, however.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I have yet to see anyone use violence to compel someone to get a vaccine - what are you talking about? I have heard many incidents of people reacting with violence when they were told to wear a mask, however.
These antivaxers claim being told that they can't work out may not be able to go to a concert without it is violent. It isn't, that is the free market.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:38 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,794,636 times
Quote:
These antivaxers claim being told that they can't work out may not be able to go to a concert without it is violent. It isn't, that is the free market.
Sucks for you, no business in their right mind wants to turn away paying customers for such a reason. They're not even interested in asking about vaccination status. The free market has spoken. It doesn't care. Businesses exist to make money by providing a good or service to customers. Money is money is money, no one cares where it comes from as long as it's money.

Did you really think NYC forced businesses to do it for funsies when businesses were already doing it anyway?

Old 08-27-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Well, comrade. "These antivaxxers" are not really "antivaxxers." They have all their other shots....

But, it's easier to direct your hatred and rhetoric by calling them that.
Many use antivax talking points. I mean how many times have heard that "Bill Gates is gonna chip us if we get vaxed,"? Im sorry but if it walks like a duck, it talks like a duck, probably craps like one too.

Old 08-27-2021, 08:41 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
I like when marxxists purport to know something about the free market or suddenly embrace it when it suits their agenda.
Nothing about covid is free market. A free market is devoid of all govt interference. The covid hysteria is entirely govt originated from beginning to end

Old 08-27-2021, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I like when marxxists purport to know something about the free market or suddenly embrace it when it suits their agenda.
Nothing about covid is free market. A free market is devoid of all govt interference. The covid hysteria is entirely govt originated from beginning to end
The Hell it ain't. There are other companies you can work for or frequent than the ones forcing you to get vaxed. Now telling schools, counties and cities they cannot is NOT the free market at all. If you think it is, you better got a damn good explanation hypocrite.

Old 08-27-2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Actually, I've never heard that once...

But once again - I see your aggressive tone and nastiness that pops up quite a bit. So, you gotta be you, and be nasty too...
What that "Gates is gonna chip us?" Or perhaps that non-traditional antivaxers are using traditional antivax arguments and dog whistles for COVID vaccines?

About the gates chips, it was a very widespread conspiracy theory early on and stuck until the first shots went into arms. A lot of it came from how out in the open Gates was about curbing COVID. Others claimed that Gates was behind COVID in a Plandemic due to pandemic table-top scenarios he has been apart of. That said, chipping with the vaccine was a large part of the Gates conspiracy theory regarding COVID. Even Charlamagne Tha God, talked about it the morning after Trump's camp put out that he got COVID.

Quote:
On October 2nd, 2020, then-President Donald Trump and the first lady tested positive for the coronavirus. As we were all waking up to the news, I got into my car and tuned in to The Breakfast Club on Power 105.1 FM in New York, where Charlamagne Tha God, its most outspoken host, wasn’t having it. “I got a few thoughts and one of those thoughts is the reason I’m saying ‘allegedly,’” he said.

At the time, the country was accelerating into the third wave of the pandemic, and the president had been appearing at large, mask-less rallies. But the news didn’t sit right with Charlamagne. “The conspiracy theorist in me simply doesn’t believe it,” he said.

As I listened, he seemed to build a conspiracy theory on the fly. According to Charlamagne, the president was pretending to get the coronavirus so he could be the first to take the vaccine and become a hero to the world just in time for the election. Which is the provocative, Sasquatch-exists brand of conspiracy theory you might expect to hear on the show. But then Charlamagne took the conversation in a direction I didn’t see coming: “Millions will line up to take the vaccine, and boom, microchips for all of y’all, right in time for goddamn Thanksgiving.”
https://www.bbc.com/news/52847648
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...nes-microchips
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN28E286
https://www.theverge.com/22516823/co...plained-reddit

As for COVID antivaxers being antivax or at the least using traditional antivax arguments, many date back years, some even to the 1885 Smallpox vaccine pamphlet by Dr. Ross during an outbreak in Montreal. Like many COVID deniers, Ross convinced people that Smallpox was not a threat (something you see in these threads.) Like the antiCOVIDvaxers, Ross claimed the Smallpox vaccine caused illness and was ineffective (again, something you see in these threads.) Like the Gates conspiracy, Ross created vaccine conspiracy theories in his pamphlet.

https://theconversation.com/covid-19...ars-ago-145592

Some even went antiCOVIDvax because of Trump. They didn't trust Trump or thought Warpspeed was rushing to get the vaccines out the door and with minimal trials. Um, isn't that what we want during a pandemic? As long as the trials done, don't show side effects (which most didn't and early emergency use authorization showed happened in a small amount of people outside of general mild symptoms with most vaccines.) Hell, we worked on SARS vaccines during the outbreak of 2002/3 in China. These never went anywhere because the disease largely burnt out.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...virus-pandemic

Aggressive tone, hah, you must read it that way. Could be that companies using the free market and telling employees and customers what to do if they want to work or frequent their business is "aggressive." But then again, I read your posts and to me they seem aggressive as well as antivax. If you do not apologize about calling my posts aggressive, I do not even want to consider apologizing to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies