Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 11:06 PM

8,669 posts, read 3,874,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I lose patience with anti vaxxers because I want normalcy. And because about half the population won’t mask up and get vaxxed, we won’t have normalcy for a long time. You know why employers are beginning to require vaccinations? Because they want normalcy too. They don’t want out of sight insurance costs or the lack of business caused by skittish customers. They want normalcy.
I agree; but considering how highly contagious the delta variant is, sooner or later we will reach the herd immunity threshold anyway (at their expense). This has caused some people to reconsider i.e. daily vaccination rates continue to rise, particularly in areas which have been hardest hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
That's naive. Just wait. A mandate is not an inflammatory word. It's an accurate one. What do you think the vaccine passport is for? Last year's conspiracy theories are this year's truths.
You are not required to be vaccinated in order to be a citizen i.e. there is no such thing as 'mandatory vaccination'. Hence the reason I called out the inflammatory rhetoric used by conspiracy theorists and those who don't believe in (medical) science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Where are you getting that information from?

I saw something 2 weeks ago that showed 25% of doctors/nurses/medical staff in NY state were unvaccinated.
The CDC, and the stat was in reference to physicians (nationwide).

Quote:
I've read some things that suggest it is lower than what they claim it to be.
What 'things' have you read which 'suggest' (as opposed to 'state' by way of demonstrable proof) it's otherwise?

Quote:
No, I can't provide proof for my opinion, but it is my opinion.

Believe what you want, though
I believe in science. PBS explored psychological studies relative to COVID-19 conspiracy theories (and how they provide a false sense of empowerment). It's an attempt to dilute its seriousness by way of 'hidden explanations' or 'media lies', giving the believer a feeling of control over randomness (which is frightening for many people). It's bizarre and absolutely fascinating, all at the same time.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 08-28-2021 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-28-2021, 11:23 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,605,261 times
As a preface I'll say getting the vaccine is your personal health decision, No one else's. I'm all for getting it, but I would never want to force my ideology onto another human.

To answer the thread question: Awful people, do awful things

The awful people that try to make others feel bad for not following their line of thinking, due to their irrational fears, can be easily be spotted.

They're the ones that have never done anything to help others in their lives.

They think that this is their chance to do something good.

'Get the Jab! That will save lives!, I'm a good person now', they tell themselves, while being some of the worst humans on the planet.

These people are actively attributing a shot, to being a 'good' person.

They're not good.

Old 08-29-2021, 04:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvenon View Post
Maybe not but they arent nearly as mean as people are now about this!!

They are so brainwashed by the media they try to make us all feel guilty!!
If unvaxed people were honest, maybe just maybe we could have avoided some damage with the Delta variant by then wearing a mask, like CDC guidance said. I knew that the April change in CDC mask guidance could backfire on us but I hoped it didn't. That is because people were already not wearing masks even if there was a person at the door telling them. I don't know their vaccination status, but once we truly did go maskless if we were fully vaccinated, most people went sans mail regardless. Guess what happened...

That said, I do not blame Biden for that. We didn't know how bad Delta would become and how easily it could spread even with vaccinated people. Also as stated, there was a considerable amount of people already not wearing masks, even when Trump was in office. Many people at that point got mask fatigue. I even had it, but now I'm masked up again...

Old 08-29-2021, 04:11 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,815,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvenon View Post
Maybe not but they arent nearly as mean as people are now about this!!

They are so brainwashed by the media they try to make us all feel guilty!!
One side pushes the vaccine and the other side spreads fake information about the vaccine. The only thing people should feel guilty about is

1) Pushing their views onto others.
2) Spreading fake information about the vaccine.

Old 08-29-2021, 07:48 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
You do understand that people get sick even wearing a mask. ...
Of course! ... but this is an excuse to not wear a mask, not a reason.

Masks help prevent the spread of pathogens, we have known this since the early days of modern surgery. Surgeons wear masks in the OR for that reason.

If you are waiting for a perfect solution to the problem of covid, you will never find one. If you want some time tested aids in mitigating the spread and reducing the effects of infection, we already have them.

If you don't want to protect yourself and others we get that, God alone knows why, but we get it. Just don't make silly demeaning excuses when you don't have real factual reasons.

Old 08-29-2021, 08:04 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Just going by what I’ve read on here, my FB and other comments.
Pro vaccine people talk about getting the vaccine to keep everyone safe. To protect themselves, family, friends, coworkers. Yet are nasty to anyone who questions the vaccine or get sick and aren’t vaccinated. I’ve read people call if Karma. Saying they should be denied medical treatment. Wishing harm or death on unvaccinated people. Calling them murders. You’re supposed to be the “good” people who care about all yet can say such awful things?

If people who are not vaccinated would not circulate in public it would not be an issue. As soon as they do, they impact other people potentially causing serious illness and death. The people who are not getting vaccinated are prolonging the restriction for the rest of us.

Old 08-29-2021, 08:07 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
As a preface I'll say getting the vaccine is your personal health decision, No one else's. I'm all for getting it, but I would never want to force my ideology onto another human.

To answer the thread question: Awful people, do awful things

The awful people that try to make others feel bad for not following their line of thinking, due to their irrational fears, can be easily be spotted.

They're the ones that have never done anything to help others in their lives.

They think that this is their chance to do something good.

'Get the Jab! That will save lives!, I'm a good person now', they tell themselves, while being some of the worst humans on the planet.

These people are actively attributing a shot, to being a 'good' person.

They're not good.

The people who are not getting vaccinated are "NOT GOOD"! They are going out in public and potentially infecting people with a virus which can cause serious illness and death. Their freedom does not take priority when it impacts other people.

Old 08-29-2021, 09:37 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
One side pushes the vaccine and the other side spreads fake information about the vaccine. The only thing people should feel guilty about is

1) Pushing their views onto others.
2) Spreading fake information about the vaccine.

I fully agree that pushing your views onto others is a bad thing, no matter what your POV is.

But as for 2) ......

Who gets to decide what "fake information" is?

And before you answer, look at how much so many details about this virus have changed since it began and how politicized is was right from the start.

Remember the Left and even Fauci making excuses for BLM protesters while simultaneously calling people going to the beach "grandma killers"?

Old 08-29-2021, 09:43 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
If people who are not vaccinated would not circulate in public it would not be an issue. As soon as they do, they impact other people potentially causing serious illness and death. The people who are not getting vaccinated are prolonging the restriction for the rest of us.

Vaccinated people can still catch and spread Covid.

The vaccines don't prevent the spread of Covid.

The vaccines protect you.... nobody else.

Well, expect for the manufacturers...

Old 08-29-2021, 09:54 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The people who are not getting vaccinated are "NOT GOOD"! They are going out in public and potentially infecting people with a virus which can cause serious illness and death. Their freedom does not take priority when it impacts other people.
Do YOU refrain from consuming peanuts or the myriad of other things that people are severely allergic to? Why not? Do you not care that you may kill them?

Every time I see a comment like yours, I ask this and it NEVER gets a response! Why are you afraid to answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies