Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2021, 01:56 PM

2,019 posts, read 868,097 times

Advertisements

And that's fair enough. I hope that the kids can get through this without death and hospitals that are overwelmed. We all should start worrying about the nurses and docs. They are getting burnt out. Trust me on this. It's terrible enough to be zipping body bags on adults much less kids.

Old 08-27-2021, 02:08 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,233 times
In response to the question in the topic - probably because they are liberal, they start name calling and attacking when presented with facts in my experience. NO, not all, but many.

My body my choice, right my liberal hypocrites?

NO, its not different this time.

Old 08-27-2021, 02:27 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
I've yet to see any pro-vaxxer treat an anti-vaxxer "awful" in real life.

Old 08-27-2021, 03:51 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

People who think they should be able to make their own medical decisions should not be labeled as "anti-vaxxers".

Just because someone is against mandates doesn't make them an anti-vaxxer.

Not sure how hard that is to understand?
I am glad you made that distinction.

It seems like a rational argument which can be addressed intelligently.

I might not agree with your position for other reasons, but your argument is not based upon mythology and bad information

Old 08-27-2021, 03:52 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've yet to see any pro-vaxxer treat an anti-vaxxer "awful" in real life.
You've not heard any of the following said or proposed in real life?
loss of job if not vaxxed?
denial to eat in a restaurant if not vaxxed?
denial to cross state lines if not vaxxed?
denial of medical services if not vaxxed?
denial to fly commercially if not vaxxed?
denial to attend concerts, church services,education centers or public gatherings if not vaxxed?

Or maybe you just think these things arent "awful"

Old 08-27-2021, 04:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,816,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
You know what was meant by tightening the screws. You know that it was meant as being restricted from entering a grocery store to get the food or supplies you need when you need it. You tried to change the narrative by changing one very important word "get" to "receiving" groceries. So yes, in time I would not be surprised that some politician would try to put in this restriction that would not allow the unvaccinated into a grocery store, and if you look at several of the posters on this site they would be in total favor of it. Because people could always just pay someone else to get the groceries or have them delivered. But of course, it is still a choice..right?

I am also not saying that there is anyone suggesting or putting this into place..NOW. Because there would be huge pushback from it. However, taking the analogy of the frog being boiled in a pot. If you put a frog in a pot of boiling water they will jump right out. But put them in a pot of warm water, and then slowly raise the temperature. They won't even notice..until it is too late. As soon as enough people get used to this "new normal"..a new..new normal will be introduced
I didn't intentionally use different words. Let's stick to get. Which government (local or otherwise) has restricted you from getting your groceries? No one has actually said they want this.

Old 08-27-2021, 04:05 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You've not heard any of the following said or proposed in real life?
loss of job if not vaxxed?
denial to eat in a restaurant if not vaxxed?
denial to cross state lines if not vaxxed?
denial of medical services if not vaxxed?
denial to fly commercially if not vaxxed?
denial to attend concerts, church services,education centers or public gatherings if not vaxxed?

Or maybe you just think these things arent "awful"
The cruelty is the point.

Old 08-27-2021, 04:06 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The cruelty is the point.
Agree. I suggest they all move to Australia

Old 08-27-2021, 04:25 PM

8,673 posts, read 3,876,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
The vaccines became a religious symbol, a Savior in a needle. Saying the vaccines are more dangerous than the virus is blasphemy, like saying Jesus Christ liked little boys.
Actually, vaccines are proven (life-saving) science in terms of polio, tetanus, and hepatitis. In fact, it's mostly 'religious conservatives' who are against the COVID vaccine/science.

Consider how foolish Phil Valentine's posts/words appear in retrospect.

Old 08-27-2021, 05:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Well...in Texas, people are still free to wear masks to school. The governor is just not going to issue mask mandates.

Wear it all you want or don't wear it. You know...freedom. Everyone seems to forget what freedom was like. LOL
Tell me now, do you think your right to "liberty" by not wearing a mask should infringe on my right to "life" by choosing to wear a mask. That major inconvenience outweighs the minor inconvenience of you having to give up some liberty for me to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies