Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2021, 09:48 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,784,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.
Maybe not to me personally, but if you give me the virus, it may not kill me, but it might kill my children who are not able to get the vaccine yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 10:14 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
If I drive drunk and you don't, how am I a threat to to you? The answer to this question also answers the question posed by the thread title.
I like it! Same sort of thing with how my smoking is a threat to you even if you don't smoke?

All different shades of the same gray, but you get the picture. Most do anyway...

Old 09-16-2021, 10:19 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Vaccinated is the proper term, not “vaxxed”. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure why “vax” and it’s derivatives irk me so much.

Anyhow...I probably don’t need to explain this again, but since this is such a long thread, evidently I do need to explain this again.

People who aren’t vaccinated present a more fertile host to the virus than ones who aren’t. With more fertile hosts, the virus has more “labs” to experiment with, as it were, or to mutate and become variants like Delta. Even though vaccines are not 100% effective, they are effective at tamping infection rates down enough to help prevent the emergence of new variants which can threaten even the vaccinated folks.

That in a nutshell is the threat that unvaccinated people pose to vaccinated ones. That’s not political and this question doesn’t belong in the politics forum, IMHO, because this is a question whose answers can’t depend on politics if anybody genuinely wants to get out of this kerfuffle. Virus particles certainly aren’t going to stop and check your party affiliation.
This thread is not long because more explaining is necessary. Not by a long shot!

This thread is long like so many of the others for the same reason I explained before. Simple as that. Also as explained in this article/podcast that was passed along to me yesterday...

YANSS 198 – The psychological mechanisms that led to the the storming of the Capitol, an event that sprang from a widespread belief in a conspiracy theory that, even weeks later, still persists among millions

https://youarenotsosmart.com/2021/02...ersists-among/

What also intrigues me is why the Republicans tried this recall vote in California when we all know the integrity of our voting system can't be trusted.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:42 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,878,692 times
"The vax does not stop the spread..."

Totally true. No one EVER said it does.

It reduces the spread.

Fact.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:51 AM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
World's #1 virologist, LOLOLOL, he must be friends with Dr. Demon Sperm. Get real will you, but thanks for the laugh.
Here is a template for your own obit into the unknown since I'm not getting vaxxed.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:02 PM

1,957 posts, read 701,048 times
Here it comes, more political (an opinion) news to make you take vax.

Quote:
Fully vaccinated woman's family blames unvaccinated Americans for her death in scathing obituary: 'She was infected by others who chose not to be. The cost was her life'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-obituary.html

Old 09-16-2021, 12:10 PM

445 posts, read 220,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
"The vax does not stop the spread..."

Totally true. No one EVER said it does.

It reduces the spread.

Fact.
You clearly haven't been paying attention.

"Our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don't get sick. And that it's not just in the clinical trials, but it's also in real-world data."

--CDC Director Walensky

Old 09-16-2021, 01:37 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post

"Our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don't get sick. And that it's not just in the clinical trials, but it's also in real-world data."

--CDC Director Walensky
That's from March 2021. At any rate, there are cases where someone that has been vaccinated does contract the virus; some are even hospitalized. I would not completely trust the CDC due to the gaps in the data stream. Even so, hopefully people will continue to get vaccinated.

Old 09-16-2021, 01:58 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
The vaccine reduces the risk but isn't 100% effective. An unvaccinated person is a walking petri dish for covid who can infect me. The sooner we get enough people mostly immune, the sooner we can go back to normal.

Though I'm not entirely onboard with mandating the vaccine. Give it a year or two and all of the loons who think George Soros is trying to give them AIDS will have either died from the virus or have acquired immunity from getting infected.

I don't support the hesitancy. We don't 100% understand all the long-term effects from the vaccine, but there's no evidence there could be anything serious. It's like avoiding a house down your block saying it could explode. I can't prove it won't explode, but there's no reasonable mechanism to even allow that to happen. What we do know are the long-term effects of a serious covid infection, which run from annoying to life-shortening.

Old 09-16-2021, 02:03 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammythebull View Post

--CDC Director Walensky

It's a new illness. People seem to expect scientists to know everything immediately, and if they get one thing wrong, from then on they must be wrong about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies