Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2021, 10:33 PM

270 posts, read 193,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
At some point, the majority will have to admit that the vaccines aren't the answer..............................

The majority of addle-minded obtuse persons seems to have already made up their poor little heads with such thoughts.

Millions have died from the coronavirus, and perhaps a few hundred from vaccine related confounding circumstances. One has to have a closed mind, made up to assume that this few are worse than the so many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Older people need boosters.
They sure do and I got mine. I'm old, but not a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2021, 10:43 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Some people simply are destined to die of Covid, vaccine or not. Example that young sports reporter who died at 39 the other day. The genetic makeup of some is such that their immune system is going to badly overreact to the virus

270 posts, read 193,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I wish medical science was advanced enough to determine what people will come down with severe side effects after receiving a covid vaccine and so should avoid them. I had no reaction to my two Pfizer shots other than a sore arm. But can I count on it being the same way with a booster? I don't know.
Do you worry as much about the flu shot? I don't. I only care to do what I am able to do, that is what I need to do. I cannot control the virus in a way to shield myself from it beyond hiding out alone. I would rather have some company, but to endeavor such, I must take care to do what I can do. What I can do is get vaccinated. Other than that is stay isolated, which I do in measure, but not to the point of being a hermit.

So, I get vaccinated and have better thought to contend than to worry about unapparent side effects. My arm is slightly sore. Nothing else. What I worry about most with this is so little reaction, I wonder if my old body has made enough antibodies, but I cannot think about that.

If you're eligible for the booster, just get it and don't belabor thinking about it.

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
So it's hard to understand when the vaccine undeniably saves lives, that some people are afraid to take it.
Not hard at all to understand. This is because it's not hard to find on the Internet anti covid vaxxers bringing up horror stories of the horrible things that happen to people after they got vaccinated for covid, sometimes as much as death. So from people reading that it leaves them feeling stuck between a rock and a hard place. Should they take their chances with getting the vaccine or getting their immunity by coming down sick with covid?

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
Sad.. I have no political response to a subject such as this.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:45 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Both must be part of that 0.0001% death rate we keep hearing about. On a serious note, they need to make the boosters available to everyone at this point.

Not according to The Science.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Some people act as if they were told the vaccine a guarantee. It's not and no one has claimed it is. Statistically, it reduces the risk of contracting the virus and of having a more serious case and a bad outcome if you do. But individual people aren't statistics and this sad case demonstrates that.

"You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations" -Joe Biden

Old 09-28-2021, 11:01 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOzarkLady View Post
Do you worry as much about the flu shot? I don't. I only care to do what I am able to do, that is what I need to do. I cannot control the virus in a way to shield myself from it beyond hiding out alone. I would rather have some company, but to endeavor such, I must take care to do what I can do. What I can do is get vaccinated. Other than that is stay isolated, which I do in measure, but not to the point of being a hermit.

So, I get vaccinated and have better thought to contend than to worry about unapparent side effects. My arm is slightly sore. Nothing else. What I worry about most with this is so little reaction, I wonder if my old body has made enough antibodies, but I cannot think about that.

If you're eligible for the booster, just get it and don't belabor thinking about it.
I've only gotten two flu shots since 2021. I can't remember the last time I had the flu, so never thought it as very important to keep up with it every year. From not having a bad reaction to the flu shots, it influenced me to go ahead and get vaccinated for COVID-19. But COVID-19 vaccines are based on entirely different biotechnology. However, if my local hospital is still packed with covid patients after Thanksgiving, I will have to consider again about possibly getting a booster to get through the winter.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:02 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
the likelyhood of me contracting covid is miniscule

4.77 million people thought the same thing. Theyre now dead. The numbers would be much higher if everyone took your approach.
Missing from all your data is how many died from vaccines.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ok, I swung for the fences on that one.

Listen, it’s advisable for everyone regardless of vax status to curb unnecessary travel.

Have you ever been camping? Not an activity known for it's crowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies