Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Thankful That Kyle Rittenhouse Put a Pedophile 6 Feet Under?
Yes 164 74.89%
No 43 19.63%
Unsure 9 4.11%
Im Afraid to Say 3 1.37%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 06:21 PM

23,498 posts, read 12,496,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Are you saying we should be complacent about shootings, on the chance that maybe a bad person?

As far as I know, Rosenbaum was convicted, not for a capital crime, and presumably had been appropriately punished by the law. He did not in any way deserve to be murdered by some teen punk looking for trouble.
So threatening to kill him and then actually trying to do so is good with you. m'kay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 06:54 PM

30,617 posts, read 18,198,614 times
I'm thankful that Rittenhouse defended himself. That said, I would not have allowed my 17 year old to be out and about that night. But that didn't take away his right of self defense against the mob.

Old 11-21-2021, 06:58 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
It's not right to take pleasure in the death of another human being whether they "deserved" it or not.
Pleasure? It's more like slapping a mosquito that is trying to suck your blood. Good riddance.

Old 11-21-2021, 07:04 PM

10,833 posts, read 4,513,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Do you advocate shooting anyone whose political beliefs you disagree with ?

well, the left does. so it must be ok no?

Old 11-21-2021, 07:14 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,402,584 times
I see many people posting that it would be difficult to take someone else's life, even if the person was bad and tried to kill you. If someone was breaking into my house, for example, and pointed a gun at me, I think I could shoot that person and sleep fine at night. Why would you feel bad about killing someone if that person was horrible and attempted to take your life?

Old 11-21-2021, 07:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I see many people posting that it would be difficult to take someone else's life, even if the person was bad and tried to kill you. If someone was breaking into my house, for example, and pointed a gun at me, I think I could shoot that person and sleep fine at night. Why would you feel bad about killing someone if that person was horrible and attempted to take your life?
Folks like that are weak and become statistics. They’re also many of the same folks that want to defund the police.

Old 11-21-2021, 07:41 PM

31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Three wolves, this is what I shared in post #27:

Rosenbaum was born in Waco, Texas, to unmarried parents and only met his father twice. The report says his mother “committed forgery” and was “evading law enforcement for the next seven years,” so the family moved frequently between towns in Texas and Tucscon, moving three to four times a year and living with relatives.

His stepfather was an alcoholic who physically and mentally abused his wife and children and did not work. “In addition, he sexually abused the defendant (Rosenbaum) and his brother on an almost daily basis between ages 10 and 13,” the report says.

“The defendant was raped, touched on his genitals, forced to perform oral sex, and required to watch his stepfather abuse his brother.”

The mother left the stepfather when Rosenbaum was 13 and did not know about the abuse until he confided in her at age 18. At age 13, his mother gave her children to welfare authorities, turned herself in and went to prison for two years. From age 13-16, Rosenbaum lived in countless group homes and shelters,

So the guy had a pretty rough childhood. Like many victims of sexual molestation, he went on to molest someone else.

According to online court records, Rosenbaum received 10 years in prison on Dec. 12, 2002 for sexual contact of a minor, and then was sentenced to 2 years, 6 months for sexual contact of a minor related to the same 2002 incident.
Once a mad dog commits rape on a child it needs to be put down. Sad if he was a victim, but no one can fix that in hindsight.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:10 PM

16,551 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Simple question. I think I know what most people think, but many are afraid to really express it.
Convicted pedos should never be able to harm children ever again.
That does not mean they should be executed, though most parents of children that were molested would likely kill someone who sexually assaulted their child.
However if they do not receive life in prison (without the possibility of parole), or chemical castration, something needs to be done with them to protect our most innocent and precocious members of society.

That said, obviously Rittenhouse had no way of knowing all the people who were attacking him were convicted of xyz, whether it be a pedo, a scumbag punching his grandmother (what type of person does that), or domestic abuser when he shot them in self defense.
So while people may not have mourned the pedo, it is not as if Rittenhouse purposely killed him, knowing what harm he posed to society.

I would also note that these Antifa, Black Bloc, and BLM types all have something in common. That being they are violent and have been convicted of X amount of crimes. We can only imagine how many crimes they have committed in anonymity, but never have been arrested for.

Old 11-21-2021, 08:10 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
No, did not know that. Wow. America is a f'd up country. Reminds me of this: https://en.protothema.gr/wp-content/...is-820x418.jpg
Whats really messed up is how outraged people got over a pedophile getting shot trying to attack someone, yet ignoring a unarmed young man who was not doing anything and rioters killed him and nothing done about it and nary a peep, a little girl in the backseat of her dad’s car waiting in line at the drive up of McDonald’s getting shot to death, why weren’t the media, politicians, Hollywood as outraged and demanding justice?

Old 11-21-2021, 08:14 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm thankful that Rittenhouse defended himself. That said, I would not have allowed my 17 year old to be out and about that night. But that didn't take away his right of self defense against the mob.
Yes, the question of why he was there is not the issue, it was that he was defending himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies