Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Thankful That Kyle Rittenhouse Put a Pedophile 6 Feet Under?
Yes 164 74.89%
No 43 19.63%
Unsure 9 4.11%
Im Afraid to Say 3 1.37%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 08:59 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Simple question. I think I know what most people think, but many are afraid to really express it.
I would guess that most people here have no love lost for a pedophile, but that they have a greater love and value placed in our constitutional right for a fair trail, and therefore see that the two are ONLY connected because of Kyle.

Me: I would have liked to see him get due process, and then be convicted and punished for his crimes.

But I get your concerns with that process. Look at how many people are committing crimes and getting away with it these days. Do you think Kyle should be prosecuted for taking the law into his own hands and being a vigilante? (Rhetorical question, I already know your answer.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk65 View Post
100% thankful that the jury got it right.
The pedophile did not get a trial by jury. So if that is your stance, i guess you are saying "No, even though the guy was dispicable, and deserved to die for his crimes, that you think that Kyle should not have taken the law into his own hands and murdered the guy. Instead, he should have had a trial, and then put down by due process."

Is that what you're saying?

Old 11-22-2021, 09:04 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The world was pretty happy when news of Hitler's death broke. Are you saying they were wrong to feel that way? And being thankful someone like that is gone is not the same as taking pleasure in the death of others.

This world is a cold place sometimes. Find a way to create and secure your own slice of heaven while you're here and don't let anyone bring you down.
No I'm not thankful. I wish it never happened, and not because these losers died but because this young man's life is changed forever.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:04 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
My biggest issue is how the president, politicians, media, social media, so called celebrities are acting like rosenbaum was a innocent victim who was just trying to protect civil rights (most likely more just a excuse to loot and cause other mayhem), and wanting to put Kyle away for life without hearing all the facts. I’m sorry ressenbaum, had a horrible childhood and wished he got the help he needed, but I feel sorry for the children he most likely ruined and at least he won’t hurt anymore children. Yes I believe he would have done it again.
its disgusting what the current president, politicians, media and the leftists on social media have said about Kyle and how they have pretended that rosenbaum was some kind of hero. (THe idiot DA actually called him that). I agree with every point you made. rosenbaum was a monster that raped children.

I am thankful the jury got it right.

Old 11-22-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
its disgusting what the current president, politicians, media and the leftists on social media have said about Kyle and how they have pretended that rosenbaum was some kind of hero. (THe idiot DA actually called him that). I agree with every point you made. rosenbaum was a monster that raped children.

I am thankful the jury got it right.
It is bothersome that you don't seem to understand the law. Rosemblaum's past had nothing to do with Kyle's actions. He got acquitted, and I accept that. But somebody's past NEVER justifies anyone taking the law into their own hands, and bypassing our constitution?

Why is it that people want to ignore the constitution when it fits their agenda? Honestly, I have no love for Rosenbaum, but it does not justify his murder. If he died of self defense, then so-be-it, but that is the ONLY thing relevant to this discussion. His past is not the slightest bit relevant.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:22 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It is bothersome that you don't seem to understand the law. Rosemblaum's past had nothing to do with Kyle's actions. He got acquitted, and I accept that. But somebody's past NEVER justifies anyone taking the law into their own hands, and bypassing our constitution?

Why is it that people want to ignore the constitution when it fits their agenda? Honestly, I have no love for Rosenbaum, but it does not justify his murder. If he died of self defense, then so-be-it, but that is the ONLY thing relevant to this discussion. His past is not the slightest bit relevant.
I believe everyone understands that, but if the media, politicians, social media, so called celebrities weren’t trying to make him a martyr for blm, plus without listening to the evidence, and wanting to ignore the constitutional rights that every American citizens have, most likely it wouldn’t be a huge topic.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:32 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:

your issue is your issue not mine. Nowhere in this thread did I suggest any aspect of this conversation was about the "law".

We do agree that Rosenbaum's past had nothing to do with the trial. nothing whatsoever. my comment about the result of the trial has nothing at all to do with his previous actions.

No one gets to "take the law into their own hands". That didnt happen in this case at all. Kyle was legally where he was. Kyle possessed the firearm he carried LEGALLY. Kyle was viciously attacked by Mr. Rosenbaum. While Kyle did not have a "legal DUTY TO RETREAT" under Wisconsin Law, Kyle in fact, did retreat in an attempt to separate himself from his attacker. LEGALLY when Kyle defended himself, he did so within the well-established confines of both Wisconsin and Common law, which protects an individual right to self-defense.

(Nowhere in that does Mr. Rosenbaum's past come into play).

It should be noted that at the end of the day, it was the Prosecution and their own witnesses that provided the clear evidence that Kyle acted within the confines of "Perfect Self-Defense".

PS go back and read my very long first post in this thread. I dont even join the crowd "thanking" Kyle for killing Rosenbaum.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:51 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
Quote:

He wasn’t murdered, yes he was killed because of trying to harm someone and possibly kill him and the person shot and killed him in self defense, but he wasn’t murdered

Old 11-22-2021, 10:53 AM

178 posts, read 82,782 times
Well we know Pres. Brandon would vote no.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:55 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
There's a part of me that doesn't want to be thankful someone was killed. Just in a humanitarian sort of way. Of course him being gone is going to be better in that he won't harm any more kids, the whole thing is just ugly. Period, end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies