Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 08:03 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
My favorite quote of the week:

"It's amazing that Elon Musk owns Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, The Boring Company, and Elizabeth Warren"

- Jordan Chamberlain
Elon is an African American. He was born in Africa and became an American citizen.

Goes to show you every African American can become a billionaire through hard work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 08:27 PM

9,376 posts, read 6,985,952 times
He’s from the south of Africa you know their confederacy.

So maybe he’s a rebel Canadian African American.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:47 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,173,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Correction, Elon is African from being born in South Africa and became a naturalized US Citizen in 2002, so he is African-American!

He's also a Canadian citizen, so actually he's a Canadian African-American.

p.s. LS Jaun, I was being sarcastic with my original post (#2), hence the .
Yup. According to some though, you have to be a descendant of a former slave to be a real African-American. They're just really hung up on that aspect.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
He’s from the south of Africa you know their confederacy.

So maybe he’s a rebel Canadian African American.
I just found out his mother is from Canada. In commercials it sounds like she has a slight English accent.

Old 12-18-2021, 08:57 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I just found out his mother is from Canada. In commercials it sounds like she has a slight English accent.
See post 37. She grew up in South Africa. Thus the British accent.

Old 12-18-2021, 09:00 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
See post 37. She grew up in South Africa. Thus the British accent.
Missed that - thanks.

British and South African accents are similar but still distinguishable. She sounds more British than South African, but maybe I'd pick up on it if I heard her say more than a few lines.

Old 12-18-2021, 09:19 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Correction, Elon is African from being born in South Africa and became a naturalized US Citizen in 2002, so he is African-American!

He's also a Canadian citizen, so actually he's a Canadian African-American.

p.s. LS Jaun, I was being sarcastic with my original post (#2), hence the .
You do realize that being white born in South Africa does not qualify for the PC term "African-American", correct?
As a related side note, there was a case of a white South African who put down that they were African-American on an application. When he was awarded the position and showed up he as told he was no longer accepted because affirmative action allowed him to be chosen, under the assumption he was black.
That was one of the most stark cases to show how racist the program of affirmative action is.

Since South Africa is it's own nation, he likely would be called a South African-American, if you desired to classify someone as a hyphenated-American.

Old 12-18-2021, 10:07 PM

2,106 posts, read 980,135 times
Movie star Charlize Theron is South African , accents American now but she can also speak fluent Afrikaans , saw on a chat show once when she was asked to speak it .

Old 12-18-2021, 10:36 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Yup. According to some though, you have to be a descendant of a former slave to be a real African-American. They're just really hung up on that aspect.
Nope. We just aren’t about you forcing other identities on us. Not everyone of African descent in the U.S. is an African-American. African-American history has nothing to do with some of us. Get over it.

Old 12-18-2021, 10:58 PM

929 posts, read 399,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
No wonder when he applied for a $1 billion government loan, he got it immediately.

Other electric car manufacturers didn't get anything.
He is paying it back and USA is reaping the benefits.....meanwhile, the stupid, idiotic, moronic, retarded Dumborats is planning to give away $1.7T with nothing in return. The Demonrats are certainly on the path to a total wipeout in 2022/24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies