Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 04:59 AM

25,969 posts, read 12,977,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
hopefully the current residents of red states are educating their children on the failures of democrat promises and policies. it is easy to get awe struck by the promises of better wages, free healthcare, free college, etc. i am more worried about the next generation than conservative baby boomers moving to red states
Very good point, and yes we did educate our Son about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 05:07 AM

25,969 posts, read 12,977,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So many threads on people "fleeing" blue states, how wonderful life is in North Dakota, ....

What is the point?

The stats never turn out to be very significant. And even if they were, what's the point?

Some people don't like living or can't afford to live in California. They don't like the traffic. Can't afford a home. Can't find a decent job. Whatever.

So they pitch their belongings into a UHaul and head to to Texas, the land of milk and honey.

So what?

How is this political or controversial?
It amazes me that so many posters here do not understand that political policy leads to bad environments for employers, so they leave, then the jobs leave, then the residents leave, then the tax revenues fall, then no money for upkeep and infrastructure.

They have this weird blind spot and cannot see the connection.

Even when you show them examples like: Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, West Virginia, they still don't get it.

They are unsavable. Want proof? Detroit still has a Democrat Mayor, and he was re-elected!

Save the saveable, and leave the rest to suffer in squalor.

Old 01-07-2022, 05:08 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,992,684 times
Quote:
hopefully the current residents of red states are educating their children on the failures of democrat promises and policies. it is easy to get awe struck by the promises of better wages, free healthcare, free college, etc. i am more worried about the next generation than conservative baby boomers moving to red states
As long as you arent teaching them that red=good and blue=bad (or vice versa). The worst thing we can do is have children grow up to be the same partisan political people their parents are (not saying you are specifically just in general). Neither side is all bad or all good.

Old 01-07-2022, 05:35 AM

7,478 posts, read 3,607,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
As long as you arent teaching them that red=good and blue=bad (or vice versa). The worst thing we can do is have children grow up to be the same partisan political people their parents are (not saying you are specifically just in general). Neither side is all bad or all good.
not at all. i am a moderate and always look at both sides of the issues such as abortion for example. but the democrat platform is so destructive right now, it needs to be rejected across the board.

Old 01-07-2022, 05:55 AM

59,342 posts, read 27,505,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's really not about HOW MANY are moving but more importantly how much WEALTH is moving.

If you have a Venus Williams, Tiger Woods, Elon Musk etc. moving out of a state and replace them with a Jiffy Lube worker then you have longer term financial challenges.

I've often had people claim that isn't going to happen until I show how CA and other states are looking at trying to implement wealth taxes to target people that do this. Hmmmm....the state seems to think it's a problem.

I highly doubt we'll see enough movement in any shorter term to produce any meaningful voting impacts. The financial impacts as people move to lower tax or more business friendly states etc. is a more pressing issue for governments.
"I show how CA and other states are looking at trying to implement wealth taxes to target people that do this"

Lib MD has an "exit" tax if you move out of the state.

"I highly doubt we'll see enough movement in any shorter term to produce any meaningful voting impacts."

Already has and will continue.

Just look at the seats lost and gained in the House of Reps. over the past 2 census's

Old 01-07-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
People are also moving to be nearer to family members. I know people who left a red or purple state and moved back to a blue state. The pandemic made flying too cumbersome for trips several times a year.

Also for some people the climate of red states in the south is unappealing. I despise long humid summers and love snow and cold. The 20 years I spent in the south were miserable as far as climate.

The city of Chicago is blue, the suburbs are turning away from blue, and the rest of the state is solid red.

Taxes in some red states and real estate prices are skyrocketing and will continue. Pretty soon they’ll be just as bad, plus, their cities are turning blue.
"Also for some people the climate of red states in the south is unappealing."

MORE people are moving SOUTH then north!

In the previos census NY lost 2 SEATS ans SC gained 1

Result from this current census.

https://www.census.gov/library/visua...nment-map.html

Old 01-07-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
LOL, your worthless state of Tennessee is seeing the most covid infections per capita of any state in the country as of yesterday. It will get much worse there before things improve due to very low vaccination rates. Too bad.
"your worthless state of Tennessee"

Good, maybe your position on the state will PREVNT you from ever visiting!

Old 01-07-2022, 06:16 AM

26,448 posts, read 46,708,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"your worthless state of Tennessee"

Good, maybe your position on the state will PREVNT you from ever visiting!
I don't ever spend money there, not that you would care obviously.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
There's no question if red states attract enough democrats to move in they'll end up just as awful as the blue states those feeble minded democrats fled in the first place.
"if red states attract enough democrats to move in they'll end up just as awful as the blue states"

I live in 1 of those states people are moving to.

In my 15 years here, I have found many MORE repubs moving from DEM controlled states then the opposite!

Example, NC was controlled the dems for 100 straight years. No longer.

"North Carolina: Breaking More than 100 Years of Democratic Control"

https://townhall.com/columnists/benc...ontrol-n947502

"As the rest of the South moved solidly Republican in recent decades, North Carolina held out, remaining reliably Democratic at the state and local level"

"1994 brought a Republican tidal wave and control of the NC House and one vote short of a tie in the NC Senate. This Republican wave even extended down to local offices"

"With the 2010 election, Republicans swept into power in both chambers of the General Assembly."

https://www.nccivitas.org/2012/will-...orth-carolina/

Old 01-07-2022, 06:25 AM

11,791 posts, read 6,162,527 times
Quote:
It is an uphill climb against school brainwashing, especially at the collegiate level. People learn a lot by experience, not just teaching. I would say it generally takes learning by experience to understand the failures of Democrat policies.

The old saying is, "If you are not liberal when you are young, you haven't got a heart. If you are not conservative when old, you haven't got a brain".

It often takes paying exorbitant taxes to realize that the government wastes enormous amounts of money and does not spend money as efficiently or for the same useful purposes that you do personally. It may take losing a business to understand the damage of crushing government regulations. It may take raising children or your own to understand the importance of a basic education and not a social justice one.

It is not easy to just tell your children what is wrong with the principals advocated by the Democratic Party, expecially when they get to college and their heads are filled with idealistic, utopian dreams of a completely fair society where everyone benefits equally. It takes getting out in the real world and having to see the lazy guy next to them at work getting paid the same for doing far less, to realize these idealized concepts don't apply in real world circumstances and that basic conservative concepts simply work better given human nature and the realism of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies