Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2022, 12:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I can't help but post this in this thread. I posted in the primary Russia/Ukraine thread. This is a Russian journalist being recorded in April 2021...he's under arrest right now in Moscow BTW. Watch this video. There are people inside Russia that actually have a grip on the reality of the Russian military and how an invasion of Ukraine would play out. This guy just nails it.

2021 Uncanny Predictions of Ukraine war by Russian MP Nevzorov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OutvYSl_TLc
This clip is the most salient one I've watched about this invasion. Epic. This guy's candor, insight, prescience, turns of phrase, EVERYTHING just blows everything else out of the water. He clearly has the insider's view of what was and is going on behind the red curtain. Humps of shame, rain of zinc, gynecologists and land surveyors, the cognac, so many truth bombs I have to PRAISE the translator because this guy's speech flows without so much as an "um" - he takes down Russian foreign policy gaffes like a samurai with his katana.

I'm sending this video to everyone I know - thanks for sharing this! I'd rep you again but I've gotta share the love first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2022, 12:38 PM

10,480 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Until our wisest President in modern history Donald Trump is put back into office, and is able to clean out our Government, I do not believe these numbers.

Old 03-24-2022, 12:44 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The answers is the Russians and others like the Iranians understand brute force and little else. Individual Euro countries would likely falter. NATO isn't going anywhere.

Yeah true because they don't understand the World Banks and the IMF like Latin America does. I know NATO is not going anywhere. That was my point. Right on the ball there .... Even though a backward state like Ukraine can bog it down we need the super state alliances......

Old 03-24-2022, 01:01 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Casualties include anything that takes military personnel out of service from being killed, to severely wounded, to severe disease, to captured, to disabling mental trauma, to even deserertion.
With deseretion the number is possible. Many of these Russian soldiers had no idea what the plans were before they got there.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:35 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
You need to re-read the stats. NATO does not claim 40,000 KIA.
I didn't say KIA. I said LOST. That's an aggregate number. And it's still flat unbelievable. 40000 swingin'dicks in a month? Ukraine must be putting up one helluva fight. Well, they are but not 40000 Red Army troops dead or otherwise out of action. Unless of course mass desertion is an issue. mmmmmm...could be.

Old 03-24-2022, 07:00 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I didn't say KIA. I said LOST. That's an aggregate number. And it's still flat unbelievable. 40000 swingin'dicks in a month? Ukraine must be putting up one helluva fight. Well, they are but not 40000 Red Army troops dead or otherwise out of action. Unless of course mass desertion is an issue. mmmmmm...could be.
At the same time, the official civilian death count is at about 1 thousand. So ...

Old 03-24-2022, 07:47 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,062 times
40k out of action one way or another seems like a lot. The Russian casualty numbers that Ukraine provides are a propaganda tool. Those are the type of numbers you'd get from meatgrinder urban fighting or if the Ukrainians were somehow able to carpet bomb that 40 mile long Russian convoy north of Kyiv. There simply isn't enough intense fighting going on to be able to generate those type of numbers. If that 40k number is correct, the Russian invasion force will simply evaporate if it tried to take Kyiv.

With that said, Russia's operational planning, intelligence, logistics, and combat organization and doctrine seems like a mess. It's simply embarrassing having a 40 mile convoy sitting north of Kyiv that hasn't moved much in 2 weeks. In one genius masterstroke, Putin has managed to unite the West and show the world that his military is something of a paper tiger.

Old 03-24-2022, 07:55 PM

2,326 posts, read 959,712 times
Quote:
Our media is FOS about many things. That said passing on info. from a NATO source is much more believable that either guesswork or info from say Pravda or TASS.

NATO is led by the US...

Old 03-24-2022, 08:32 PM

19,790 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
NATO is led by the US...
Understood.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:35 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Until our wisest President in modern history Donald Trump is put back into office, and is able to clean out our Government, I do not believe these numbers.
Yeah...welcome back to ignore, I try to give folks a 2nd chance but that's just so far out there...like light years out there.....bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies